PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo -- my old girl is going strong!

catnapper
06-25-2007, 08:54 AM
I dreaded her wellness check. I was certain the vet would tell me that my old girl was nearing the end. Instead I was told that she's going strong and will be around for a long time now. She even gave Nicki the 3 year rabies shot! Woohoo!

Her eyes are good. No signs of cataract, but her lenses are a little clouded over. Nothing unusual. Her teeth look AWESOME. Her fatty tumors are just fine (I was worried one was pressing against a vital organ of some sort) The only thing she's concerned about is her skin tag; she's afraid it will rip off and bleed profusely.

I got reprimanded for her weight (again). I can't help that she's discovered Cameron is a wonderful feeder! She camps out at the base of his highchair and waits for food to drop. Then she jumps up and cleans off the seat for him. And here I thought she was arthritic! Food is a great motivator! And before you say it, there's NO WAY we can keep her out of the room when he's being fed. She has barreled through the babygate many times over. One time the baby gate practically flew across the room and we had to order new parts for it! LOL

Poor girl is STRESSED from the whole ordeal. Years ago we would walk to the vet because she fears the car so much. Well now she can't walk more than two blocks, let alone the mile needed to get the the vet.

Anyway, on to the pictures of the seldom seen girl. Many of you might be surprised I even have a dog at all! :p

Chilling in the yard
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/oldGirl2.jpg

Did you say "cookie"?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/OldGirl.jpg

Being hugged by Cameron. Its a love/hate relationship. He loves her thoroughly and completely. She loves the food he provides, she hates the hugs.
An excited hug
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/tolerant.jpg

Usually he's a lot more gentle:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Cameron/NiiiiceNicki.jpg
Side note: we went to Petsmart yesterday and he walked right up to the greyhound rescue that was there and hugged every single greyhound.

Thanks for looking and reading about my old girl. :) She's my baby - I've had her since she was 4 1/2 weeks old. My little bottle fed baby certainly grew up strong!

Taz_Zoee
06-25-2007, 09:05 AM
That's great that Nicki got a good report at the vet. :D She looks like she puts up with a lot from little Cameron. So exactly how "old" is she?

Ginger's Mom
06-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Good to see you again, Ms. Nicki. :) Glad to hear that she got such a good report.

k9krazee
06-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Aww, glad to hear she's doing so well! :D

anna_66
06-25-2007, 01:47 PM
What a wonderful update, I bet you couldn't be more happy:D

I think she looks great even if she is just a tad over weight...hey, aren't we all;)

It's so nice to hear and see that she deals with Cameron so good. The pictures sure made me smile (I love your siggy too!).

lizbud
06-25-2007, 04:35 PM
I am so happy to hear what a great checkup Nicki had. She's still a
beautiful pup. It's a real blessing to be able to have them around for a
long, long time. :)

joycenalex
06-25-2007, 06:52 PM
what a smiler she is! thanks for sharing

Almita
06-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Awe i'm so glad Nicki is doing well! What a cutie she still is. Cameron is darn adorable about when you two went to Petsmart and he hugged all the greyhounds, that's adorable.

chocolatepuppy
06-25-2007, 07:33 PM
concerned about is her skin tag
My RB Corey had a skin tag, we finally had to have it removed because it kept getting bigger and our vet was also concerned it might get ripped off and bleed.
Good for you Nicki on your good checkup! You sure found a 'food' buddy in Cameron. ;) You're a beauty. :)

luvofallhorses
06-25-2007, 11:47 PM
I am so glad everything went well. She is gorgeous and looks like an absolute sweetie pie! :D I love the last picture and your signature. :) It looks like they are best buddies. :D

K9karen
06-26-2007, 12:31 AM
:o I DID forget you had a doggie..oldtimers for sure. :o

What wonderful news about Nicki! Add a Woohoo from me too!!!! Cameron is a-dor-a-ble!!!! And I LOVE your siggy too!!! I'm all too familar with butt pictures!!!

Glacier
06-26-2007, 12:37 AM
WoooHooo is right! One of my oldtimers got a good report today too! It's very nice to hear to good news from the vet!

cloverfdx
06-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Woohooo go princess Nicki :D. That is wonderful news Kim, you must be very happy. Please give the sweet girl a hug from me.

pitc9
06-26-2007, 09:30 AM
:D Glad to hear the good news!!

Alysser
06-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Good girl, Nikki!! She's gorgeous! :D

jazzcat
06-26-2007, 11:12 AM
That is great news Kim! I'm so glad she's doing so well and it's nice to see her again.