PDA

View Full Version : FOUND ALIVE Post 4 Please Pray for Julie Martel's safe return

Catty1
06-24-2007, 08:34 PM
If she has port-partum depression, this could be sad...please pray for her and her family!

Canmore is about 45 minutes' drive from where I live.
Husband desperate for wife's return
By NADIA MOHARIB, SUN MEDIA

A Canmore man with a newborn son is pleading with the boy's mother to return home.

And the RCMP, worried about the woman's well-being, have issued a public request for anyone who might have seen Claude Awad's wife, Julie Martel, to help them locate the 28-year-old school teacher who went missing Friday night.

"I have one kid in the hospital and one kid at home with friends and the rest of the time I'm looking for her," Awad said yesterday while visiting the couple's three-day-old son, Diego, at the hospital.

"I would like her to find a safe place and call -- everybody is trying to help her."

He said friends in parts of B.C. have put up posters with Julie's picture to attract anyone who might have seen her.

Canmore RCMP Const. Ryan Frost said foul play is not suspected in the case and Mounties in this province and B.C. are on the lookout for the mother, who also has another son, age 2.

She did not leave with a vehicle and left her cellphone at home, but might have been in Golden yesterday morning, said Awad.

He said his wife was undergoing a period of depression and had barely slept in the days prior to vanishing from the hospital.

She is about 5-ft.-7, 135 lb. with shoulder-length black or dark brown curly hair, brown eyes and wears metal rim glasses.

Martel was last seen wearing a white T-shirt with blue accents on the collar and sleeve ends, as well as navy blue pants.

Anyone with information is asked to call Canmore RCMP at (403) 678-5519.

ramanth
06-24-2007, 08:45 PM
I hope she goes home or is found.

Laura's Babies
06-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Wow! Hope she is found and gets the help she needs.

Catty1
06-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Canmore woman found

calgary.ctv.ca

POSTED AT 3:26 PM Thursday, June 28

A Canmore woman, who has been missing since Friday, has been found.

Julie Martel, 28, was located Thursday afternoon in Golden, B.C.

Martel is in stable condition and under observation in Golden Hospital.

On Friday evening Martel walked out of the hospital in Canmore after giving birth two days earlier and reportedly suffering from postpartum depression.

ramanth
06-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Oh thanks goodness!! I hope they get her the help she needs.

Kalei
06-28-2007, 08:27 PM
I am so glad she was found, can you imagine how devistated and worried her husband was? It must have been terrible for him, and of course terrible for her as well. I hope that she can get some help with her depression, some people don't seem to take depression as serious as it can be.