PDA

View Full Version : Funnest Accident Story I Ever Heard

lizbud
06-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I read this & couldn't stop laughing. :D Poor car. :(

Black Lab Drives Owner's Car into River

June 23, 2007 12:33 PM EDT

SAGLE, Idaho - Bad dog. Charlie the black lab drove his owner's car into the Pend Oreille River. As Mark Ewing walked home Wednesday evening after returning from picking up a pizza, Charlie jumped into the car through an open window, and apparently knocked the vehicle into gear.

"He somehow got the car into neutral," Ewing said. "My car just went boom, down an incline and into the drink."

Ewing could only watch as his Chevy Impala sank into the river. No dummy, Charlie jumped out of the window as the car went downhill.

"There's nothing weirder than looking at your car cruising down your driveway when you're not in it and seeing your dog jump out and then watching your car go splash," Ewing said.

Actually, things got a little weirder when the tow truck driver showed up.

Before the driver dove into the water to hook the car up to his truck, he asked Ewing to hold his dentures.

"My car's in the drink, I've got dentures in my hand and this guy Keith ... goes swimming," Ewing noted.

(Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Catty1
06-24-2007, 05:47 PM
And Charlie, being a lab, was no doubt happy and smiling and tail-wagging with all the people and the excitement! :D

Too funny!

(PS - this is why I always use my parking brake!)

Taz_Zoee
06-24-2007, 05:49 PM
LOL The dentures part is what got me laughing. :D

wombat2u2004
06-25-2007, 04:28 AM
Was the dog arrested ???
Wom

catnapper
06-25-2007, 07:27 AM
Funny, coworkers and I were talking the other day. One of mt coworkers has a lemon of a car. One thing goes wrong and no sooner is it fixed, another thing goes wrong. Its a used car, a supposedly nice used car and she's only had it 7 months. Anyway, she joked that she wishes she could just get into an accident and get the insurance money to get a good car. My other coworker has a friend in the insurance business. She said he said that if you want a claim that no insurance company is going to argue, just somehow get your car into a river, bay, ocean, or lake and they won't argue. They figure people are just that stupid to leave their cars so close to the water for something to "bump" them in. :p

Marigold2
06-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Did the dog say that his human ate his license?