PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull?

catnapper
06-24-2007, 08:23 AM
I am merely wondering if this product is good for you. I see the marketing and hear a lot about it. But how good can it be for us? Its loaded with caffeine and other stuff (see how technical I am?) I get the impression that its like steroid nasal spray - once you use it and get the kick it provides, you're hooked and need to use it more and more.

Does anyone drink it?

moosmom
06-24-2007, 11:02 AM
I've never tried it. But a lot of kids that work with me drink it. It IS loaded with caffeine and when you come down from it, you need a nap. That's why they drink one right after the other (most times).

I'm sure withdrawal from ths stuff is comparable to diet sodas and coffee.

buttercup132
06-24-2007, 11:07 AM
I personally hate the taste of Red Bull but I drink other energy drinks and my friends drink Red Bull and we have never got addicted to it. Monster Energy drinks do give me a upset stomach though, so I stopped drinking them all together plus they are so expensive. I find they don't really wake me up either.

That's why they drink one right after the other (most times).
Doing that is bad. I know with Red Bulls at least your not supposed to have more then 1 maybe 2 a DAY.

caseysmom
06-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I just had my first one of these the other day, it was a rock star....I kind of liked it it was like a major caffeine rush.

Muddy4paws
06-24-2007, 11:24 AM
Red bull really isnt good for you at all.

Its full of cafine and sugar and it normally doesnt have any effect on me apart from making me really thirsty for water.

luvofallhorses
06-24-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't think it is good for you at all. I tried it and I got all jittery. I actually think it tastes like beer. yuck!

JuniorxMyxLove
06-24-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't know, but my mom's a nurse, and once this kid came in and collapsed because of something that happened to do with red bull. Or some energy drink, i think it was red bull. I can't exactly remember what happened, but I know he collapsed in the waiting room. My mom told me and my sister this because my sister was mad because my mom wouldn't let her get a red bull.

Either way, I steer clear of energy drinks. Other then Vault. I love vault.

Callie
06-24-2007, 12:12 PM
How about an invitation to diabetes? Would be a more appropriate description.

If a person is an undiagnosed diabetic (majority of diabetics don't know they have it, especially type 2), it could lead to very serious, even deadly, consequences with some of them.

Take care, folks,

Callie

Argranade
06-24-2007, 12:59 PM
My friends drink red bull once in a while.

I don't realy know what it does very well lol, It tastes like sh*t.

I stay clear from energy drinks because I'm hyper enough as it is.

catnapper
06-24-2007, 01:23 PM
I didn't think it sounded all that good. The commercials make all this engery drink stuff look like a fun alternative to sodas. I can see myself getting all jittery on it -- I too am hyper enough without something like that!

Personally, I prefer ample sleep to combat tiredness ;)

binka_nugget
06-24-2007, 01:47 PM
It's far from good for you.. yet I still drink it from time to time. I don't like red bull but I drink Rock Star and Sobe Arush when I need that extra kick. Unfortunately coffee doesn't do anything for me until the 10th cup, and lattes/espressos don't do it til the 7th shot.. so I get the energy drink when I "need" the caffeine.

buttercup132
06-24-2007, 01:52 PM
There's also a Rockstar alchohol drink now. I don't know what it's like yet but I can see it making you extremly hyper since there's alchohol too.

Laura's Babies
06-24-2007, 02:41 PM
I think the sale of this stuff has been banned around schools. To many kids getting sick from them or something.

Muddy4paws
06-24-2007, 02:42 PM
I once had redbull and vodka, Never again, I was so ill.

Kalei
06-24-2007, 03:30 PM
I dont' drink Red Bull, I think it tastes awful like medicine, but I do drink Arush, the one with the lizard on the can, I love to drink one when I feel tired because it wakes me up:p and gives me lots of energy for a couple of hours, but it is not healthy and I do not drink them much, only when I feel the need for an extra boost in the morning.

Jessika
06-24-2007, 03:37 PM
There's an energy drink the entertainers use at work, I forget the name, but it's all natural and has no caffeine.. I'm trying so hard to remember the name. I know it has an "X" on the can though and the cans are shaped similarly to red bull's.

Personally I like using Emergen-C as my energy booster of choice. 100mg of Vitamin C... and it really does work. And it comes in a couple different flavors :)

AdoreMyDogs
06-24-2007, 04:56 PM
I just had my first one of these the other day, it was a rock star....I kind of liked it it was like a major caffeine rush.

Eeew I never tried the Red Bull, but I just tried the Rock Star and I found it just repulsive tasting! I took one sip and that was more then enough. My hubby finished the rest of it.

I was told bull semen was one of the ingredients of Red Bull....Taurine. I am not sure what exactly Taurine is, but I Googled it and it's some sort of organic substance that can be found in plants and animals, some sort of amino acid that is sometimes extracted from the bile of animals. It mentioned nothing about semen. I still don't know what Taurine is, but I know what taurine ISN'T!

anna_66
06-25-2007, 09:56 AM
I once had redbull and vodka, Never again, I was so ill.
Ewww...ever tried a Yager Bomb (2 shots yager,1 can red bull energy drink)...it's nasty, nasty, nasty and made me throw up black :eek:

No energy drinks for me.

buttercup132
06-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Ewww...ever tried a Yager Bomb (2 shots yager,1 can red bull energy drink)...it's nasty, nasty, nasty and made me throw up black :eek:

No energy drinks for me.:eek: Black!! Eww.