PDA

View Full Version : Sad and lonely

DJFyrewolf36
06-24-2007, 03:55 AM
Sigh I should be in bed...

My husband is stuck, in jail...for a ticket he already paid. I guess the payment computer had a glitch :rolleyes: Sigh...there isn't much I can do either until the courts open up on Monday. Id just pay it again if I had the money to. I'll probibly end up having to get a loan just to get hubby out.

I haven't slept alone since me and the hubby got married although I should get some sleep so I can be up early enough to figure out what to do. Hopefully I can come up with something before I have to work tomorow night.

Sorry to vent but I really have nothing else to do...about the only person up on my schedule I know IS my hubby lol. I hate to think of him not getting any sleep either.

I hate being powerless but I guess there isn't a whole heck of a lot I can do :(

CathyBogart
06-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Ugh, I'm sorry, what a crummy situation. I hope he's out of there soon and back home. :(

Karen
06-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Awww, you're in our prayers, sweetie.

joycenalex
06-24-2007, 10:17 AM
wow, that's awful. hope it's a fast fix on monday

Catty1
06-24-2007, 10:24 AM
If there are ANY costs involved, I think law schools or family services have free legal help so you could recover any costs!

That just SUCKS! I hope they find the mistake, and admit it. Did your hubbie get a receipt when he paid it? Cancelled check, anything?

Those are likely in your house somewhere, and would help...

Hugs and prayers!

Daisy and Delilah
06-24-2007, 10:25 AM
That just plain stinks :( I hope the hours go by easier and you can get something done asap. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Pembroke_Corgi
06-24-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm so sorry. I hope you can get him home soon. :(

RedHedd
06-24-2007, 12:07 PM
DJ - Catty is right. Do you have a canceled check, receipt or anything that shows the ticket was previously paid? That totally sucks that they would haul him off to jail; it just doesn't sound right.

Call your local Bar Association Legal Aid Program to get an attorney. I'm sorry you and John are having to go through this; you sure have had a rough time of it.

sparks19
06-24-2007, 03:54 PM
That totally sucks :( What a load of cr@p that this happened. You are much calmer than I imagine I could be in this situation.... I would be a basketcase.... of course that wouldn't help anything :)

I hope everything gets worked out soon

If it makes you feel any better I will also be "sleeping" alone tonight.... we can be miserably sleepless together :D

Karen
06-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Just so you know screw-ups happen everywhere regarding tickets ... and to commiserate a little ...

Once, years ago, I went to Boston to pay a parking ticket Paul had gotten. His driver's license was about to come up for renewal, and if you have any unpaid tickets, it won't renew. Now, as one might imagine, the lines a Boston City Hall were long, and yet I waited, and waited ... I just needed to pay my $38 and be done with it.

I finally got the the counter, the woman said, in that bored voice they seem to perfect ... "Last name?"
"Watts - W-A-T-T-S"
"First name?"
"Paul - P-A-U-L"
and one other identifier, I forget what it was, but she punched it all into the computer, turned to me and said ...
"Okay, ma'am, That'll be $853."

I nearly freaked! I had my $38 in exact bills ready to hand her ....

"That cannot be right!" I said ...

"Oh, it is," she said. "Paul Watts. He's got unpaid tickets from Charlestown, from Beacon Hill, and downtown and ...."

"Wait!" I said, "what's the home address?" and she listed one in South Boston. I said, "We live in Newton, that's not him. And he doesn't go to Charlestown, anyway ..."

After a bit of convincing on my part, and me showing her my ID with a Newton address, and checking birthdates, etc., she finally searched again, and found the right record for "my" Paul Watts, and was unconcerned that she nearly gave me heart failure.

I was never more glad to hand over $38 and be free! And yes, I kept, and zealously guarded that receipt!

Hope you get your hubby back soon!

sweetpatata6
06-24-2007, 04:38 PM
In my prayers... Fingers crossed.

DJFyrewolf36
06-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Well I got an update...

There were two tickets we were paying on. Supposedly the payment computer separated them, and when one got paid off they marked it as a zero balance...and failed to mention the remainder of the OTHER ticket. So we had one paid off but not the other one...and the computer never spit out a notice for it until it went to warrant. :(

The ticket was from two years ago :eek: and went to warrant right after we moved, so the notice never came in the mail (my mother in law supposedly got "something" from the court but threw it away without opening it :rolleyes: )

All this because I was in a bad area and I didn't see a stop sign. They ran warrant checks on both of us, which is the right of the cops I suppose. They had us both out of the car and we were searched too, but we had nothing to hide.

On one hand Im glad we found out about this and can fix it but on the other I feel so bad for running that darn stop sign and getting pulled over to begin with (which I have to pay for that too)

Court is at 8 am tomorow, at least I can make it to work and not miss any time and still be able to attend. Hopefully my dad is right and they'll just let him go with time served since the fine isn't too bad. I hope so, Spook isn't eating and no ammount of coaxing is helping. She misses her dady more than I do :(