PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Bellows needs your prayers. *UPDATAED* (7-7-07)

jenluckenbach
06-24-2007, 02:04 AM
My little boy baby does not seem to be doing well. :( I just got done forcing him to have his night time meal.

What am I doing wrong? :confused: :(

EDIT 7-2-07
I am taking Doc Bellows to the vet today. He is just TOO thin. :( Maybe it is nothing, but I need to have him looked at for peace of mind.

EDIT 7-7-07
Culture resulted in NO GROWTH. So who knows why he was frail. :confused: But he is eating now, and working on catching up with his sister.

jenluckenbach
06-24-2007, 06:23 AM
Well, no one had the opportunity to see this yet, but this morning he seems more perky. He is still going to go to the vet tomorrow morning as a precaution. And Maybelline is going for the vet's opinion on her hair (or lack there-of)

But please kee Dr. Bellows in your prayers. I fear he is not out of the woods yet.

Laura's Babies
06-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Do you ever get any sleep? You are not doing anything wrong! Those babies have a better chance under your care than they do anywhere so quit thinking that. Sometimes things just come along that knocks them down and humans have nothing to do with it, it is just nature. I am glad to hear he is feeling better and hope by the time tomorrow comes, this will be just a bad memory.

rosethecopycat
06-24-2007, 08:02 AM
It's what you are doing that is right.
He wouldn't stand a chance without you.

Keep the faith.

momcat
06-24-2007, 08:45 AM
And the prayers are on the way for both of you. You're not doing anything wrong, Jen. Unfortunately things come up that we have no control over, as sad as it may be baby kitties seem vulnerable to an assortment of problems. You give everything for your fosters so they'll be happy and healthy. And may I say you're wonderful at what you do for all these little ones. Be easy on yourself. Please let us know what your vet has to say?

catnapper
06-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Oh Jen, I am so sorry. ((hugs)) to his foster mommy and daddy.

PS: I'll see you this afternoon at the adoption event (with Cam!)

Catty1
06-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Jen - I didn't see your post til just now.

I hope Dr. Bellows comes through just fine...remember Maybelline, she was almost a goner!

Your bottle babies are doing WAAAY better than they would anywhere else! Please think of how many have done WELL!

HUGS!

catmandu
06-24-2007, 12:54 PM
I Dont Think That You Are Doing Anything Wrong Jen. Its Just These Kittensre So Fragile And Weak,
You Are Thier Hope And We Are Praying That They Will All Make It To Be The Cats Our Lord Intended For Them To Be.

kb2yjx
06-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Jen, you are giving the BEST care to all the little ones!!! Prayers for Dr. Bellows and you, too!!

Taz_Zoee
06-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Adding Dr Bellows to the list. :)

Kalei
06-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Lots of prayers on the way for Dr. Bellows to get feeling purr-fect! With your love and care I'm sure that Dr.Bellows will be better in no time:)

Medusa
06-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Imagine how bad it would be for him and the others if you weren't there. You're doing more than most people, so rest easy. :)

jenluckenbach
06-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Doc Bellows is giving me a roller coaster ride :rolleyes:
At 3am.......weak, and refusing to eat.
7am......perky and willing to eat.
1pm......refused to eat, had to force. sad looking
4pm......playing with his sister.
6pm......ate on his own.........

What will tonight bring? :confused: I fear to speculate.

catmandu
06-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Pet Angel Mommas Are With Dr Bellows Now Jen Helping Out By Comforting Him And Giving Him Thier Warmth. We Pray That That And Love And Tlc Will Pull Him Through The First And Most Crucial Months Of His Young Life.

cassiesmom
06-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Hang in there, Dr. B.! You can do it!

jennielynn1970
06-24-2007, 08:46 PM
He's already showing his colors as a typical male!! He just wants to make sure that he has your FULL attention and that you are only worrying about him! :p

Hope he does better!

jenluckenbach
06-25-2007, 04:07 AM
Well, I did feedings at 11pm and 5am. He seems very good! Ate on his own both times. Your prayers must be working. :)

Laura's Babies
06-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Sounds to me like he is on his OWN feeding schedule! Maybe he is just not a big eater and would rather sleep?

jazzcat
06-25-2007, 12:38 PM
So glad to hear he is doing better but I'll say a few extra prayers just to be safe.

jenluckenbach
06-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Sounds to me like he is on his OWN feeding schedule! Maybe he is just not a big eater and would rather sleep?
While this might be true, it is possible that this is waht caused his problem in the first place. I understand that babies get low blood sugar quickly and then it is hard for them to want to eat (and need to be coaxed or forced).
But his next feeding went well, and he is running around the room as fast as his tiny legs can take him (and peeing in the food dish :eek: ) WELL?? It LOOKED like a litter box :rolleyes: I guess. (LOL)

Taz_Zoee
06-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Oh goodie, I'm glad to hear he seems to be feeling better. :)

phesina
06-25-2007, 06:03 PM
It sounds like you are doing just the right things, Jen. As others have said, where would this little guy be without you?

And it sounds now like things are picking up for him..

Prayers are being sent along from all of us to you and Dr. Bellows and all your fosters.

Hugs and purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Priscilla Angel

kb2yjx
06-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Hey Jen!! I had to laugh when I read that Dr. Bellows peed in his food bowl!! I think that is a good sign!! I pray that it is and he continues to act zany!!

K & L
06-26-2007, 02:43 PM
This little guy is giving you a run for your money! He doesn't know how persistent you can be!! :D ;)

jenluckenbach
07-02-2007, 09:36 AM
I am taking Doc Bellows to the vet today. He is just TOO thin. :( Maybe it is nothing, but I need to have him looked at for peace of mind.

He IS eating, but I do not know if it is enough. He just doesn't look as good as his sister.

rkidsrcats
07-02-2007, 09:43 AM
We hope the vet has some ideas as to why he is so thin and how to get some meat on those little bones.
Good luck!

The Tribe

Catty1
07-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Dr. Bellows - hope the doc finds the perfect food for you!

Makes me think of a teenage male - their metabolism is roaring, and they are so active they burn off whatever they eat. Hollow leg syndrome!

Prayers for the wee guy.

jazzcat
07-02-2007, 11:31 AM
I sure hope it's nothing Jen. Prayers on the way.

catmandu
07-02-2007, 12:13 PM
One Food That I Have Tried Jen Is The Baby Kitten Food From Royal Canin Which Generally Is Promotionally Priced Most Of The Time.
We Are Praying For Dr Bellows And We Pray That He Can Survive This Crucial Time In His Young Life.

jenluckenbach
07-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Poor boy, :( He has an infection. We found an abcess on his rump. And the small bald patches on his feet are also indicative of an infection. She (vet) believes it is a staff infection. (a culture will be grown to determine). In the mean time, he will get clindamycin AND clavamox. And so will his sister.

The vet feels that it is possible this is the reason the other two died. It is very hard on babies, and she told me the outlook is not always good. but that the combination of these two medicines have been known to work.

I'll also need to keep the abcess drained and cleaned.

Poor thing actually weighs 1/2 ounce LESS than he did 3 weeks ago. :(

So he will be needing big time prayers over the next week or so.

Medusa
07-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Aw, poor little guy. Infections are tough on cats but little teeny tiny kitties, even worse. Lots of prayers going out for the sweet boy and you, too.

jennielynn1970
07-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Awe... poor little guy! How'd he get a staph infection?? I'm familiar with the abscess routine... that's what Calloway had. It was NASTY!! Thankfully it did get better, it took long time too. Hopefully Dr. Bellows will be a better patient and it will clear up quickly! Is the sister showing signs of having a staph infection as well, or is Dr. Hess just being cautious?

jenluckenbach
07-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Is the sister showing signs of having a staph infection as well, or is Dr. Hess just being cautious?
Just a precaution.

jazzcat
07-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Oh that doesn't sound good but you are on it now. You're a good foster meowmie Jen, on top of things. I bet the antibiotics will knock it out and are a good precaution of his sister.

Lots of prayers on the way.

Catty1
07-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Oh wee Bellows - take your meds and get better soon! Poor widdle guy!

I hope he starts gaining some weight, that will be a good sign.

PT Prayers big time for Dr. Bellows!

krazyaboutkatz
07-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Jen, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I'm so glad that you took him to the vet. I hope that both kittens will continue to thrive in your care and that Dr. Bellows gets well quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being his way.

Kalei
07-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh:( Poor Dr. Bellows. I hope the medicine works for you, doubly the prayers from me!

momcat
07-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Your prayers must be working. :)
In that case the best all of us can do is include more prayers starting right now. God is good when it comes to those who care for His special little creatures. Lots more prayers on the way for Dr. Bellows and you too!

kb2yjx
07-02-2007, 07:06 PM
OUCH!!! an abcess!!!! Poor Baby Bellows!!! Good to follow your instincts and took him to the vet, Jen!! BIG prayers for the wee baby!!!!

jenluckenbach
07-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Is it possible that draining the abscess and 1 dose of medicine could make hime fee better??? :confused: Actually, I do know that getting the pus out of a wound can make you feel 10 times better.

The little guy ran around tonight, after eating. Yesterday, and earlier today, all he wanted to do was cuddle with mom. (not a bad thing, of course ;), but certainly not normal)

Pray hard that he can beat this thing.

Taz_Zoee
07-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Come on Dr Bellows, you can beat this!!! :)

kimlovescats
07-03-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm sure getting the pressure of the abscess off helped the level of pain a great deal. Kittens are like little kids too, they bounce back quicker than adults! That's great to hear that he's feeling better. :)

pitc9
07-03-2007, 04:17 PM
:( Poor baby boy....

Prayers and {{hugs}} to you and Dr. Bellows.

jenluckenbach
07-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Got the culture results..........NO GROWTH!

We'll be keeping his and his sister on the antibiotics for the full turn, but I guess we don't have to worry about spreading any germs. :rolleyes:

He is eating VERY well and should be ready for adoption in just a couple short weeks :)

Medusa
07-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Yay again! Looks like ya rolled snake eyes!

phesina
07-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Excellent! Today, 07/07/07, is your and Dr. Bellows's lucky day!

Prayers that he continues to do so well and gets a wonderful new home eventually, and meanwhile he couldn't be in a better place.

Fantastic work, Jen.

Pat

catmandu
07-07-2007, 04:55 PM
That Great News That Dr Bellows Has Turned The Corner On His Illness And Will Soon Hopefully Be A Companion In A Wonderful Furr Ever Home Soon.
Jen , Youve Done It Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Con Cat Ulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kalei
07-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Awww! I'm so happy that Dr. Bellows is well on his way to recovery:D Prayers that when he is ready the most loving parents will find him:)

Catty1
07-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Great news! :D