PDA

View Full Version : Snoopers is gone. COTD Mar 9 02

Daffy
07-19-2002, 10:28 AM
:( My dear Snoopers is gone. I had to have him put to sleep due to organ failure. He was 20 yrs old. I sure do miss the old guy. He was the greatest cat. He did have a great life & was spoiled rotten!! I layed him to rest in my garden beside his sister Daffy. She had to be put to sleep last fall at age 16. I cannot have anymore cats as my husband discovered a few years ago he was allergic to them. I will have to build him a room in the shed so I can have more cats! *LOL* I am glad that he was COTD on Mar 9 02. May he rest in peace.

ramanth
07-19-2002, 10:29 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. :(

My thoughts and sympathies are with you.

lovemymaltese
07-19-2002, 10:30 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Snoopers. I pray that your heart heals quickly. I went back and looked at Snoopers when he was cat of the day, he is so lovely sitting there in the snow. I sure that he led a blessed 20 years.

Lachesis
07-19-2002, 10:35 AM
Oh man Im so sorry to read thing :( Im so sorry for your loss....

Efrat
07-19-2002, 10:40 AM
This is sad :( but at least you had many years of happiness togehter! May he rest in peace!

zippy-kat
07-19-2002, 11:11 AM
Oh handsome Snoopers~

What a beauty you are, inside and out! And I do believe I see heavenly-kitten-wings tucked under that lucious fur. Be good Precious Furry One and know you are missed.

My sympathy for your loss.
{{hugs}}

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-19-2002, 11:54 AM
My deepest sympathy for your loss :(
Dear Snoopers may you rest in peace. and may you and Daffy find many bugs to pounce and big green fields to romp and play in at the Rainbow Bridge.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-19-2002, 12:06 PM
(((HUGS)))
I'm so sorry for your loss. If it's any comfort, Snoopers had a wonderfully long life. I hope all my cats live to his age. That doesn't make the pain go away though. I'm sure he and his sister are playing and getting into all kinds of mischief at the Rainbow Bridge while they wait for you. Prayers are will you.

Edwina's Secretary
07-19-2002, 12:26 PM
I went back and took another look at Snoopers. What a dignified and noble cat! He will be missed.

Tell your husband I am allergic to cats. I take my claritan every other day and wash my hands after playing/petting Edwina and do just fine.

May Snoopers rest in peace along side Daffy.

sasvermont
07-19-2002, 12:29 PM
R.I.P. Snoopers.

So sorry to hear Snoopers had to go. 20 years is a long life for a kitty cat.

(((((((MOM)))))))))

Logan
07-19-2002, 12:36 PM
Bless his heart, what a wonderful life your Snoopers had. And I know your life was blessed because he was in it for so many years. We're crying with you, dear friend. Thank you for letting us know that there is yet one more waiting for us in Heaven. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this sad time. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-19-2002, 12:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Snoopers. http://www.emoticons4u.com/sad/855.gif

I can tell he led a good pampered life because of his age.

Snoopers, rest in peace and enjoy being with your sister again.

Daffy, I hope your husband relents, or gets Claritin like Edwina's Secretary, because I believe there's nothing better for a grieving heart than a new little kitten.

{{hugs}}
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/cryhug_1_.gif

gini
07-19-2002, 02:15 PM
Please accept my sincere sympathy over your loss of Snoopers. I too, went back to have another look at his special picture. I am glad that you had so many wonderful years with him. It is obvious he was dearly loved.

Yes, - Claritin and a kitten when the time is just right - should be in your future.

krazyaboutkatz
07-20-2002, 01:39 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Snoopers. :( I'm so glad that he was able to be with you for 20 years though. Just remember the good memories that you had of him and he'll always be with you. Just remember that Daffy and Snoopers will be waiting for you so you'll be able to see them some day. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I also think that you should try to convince your husband into letting you get another cat.

Pam
07-20-2002, 06:23 AM
http://catoftheday.com/archive/2002/March/09.jpg

I remember Snoopers well! The photo was awesome! I am so sorry to hear of his passing but how wonderful that he lived to be 20 years old and was loved so, not to mention the day he starred as our Cat of the Day. I picture him running with Daffy at the Rainbow Bridge unhindered by his aged body.

Yes, I definitely think some Claritin and a new kitty might be just what the doctored ordered for you and your hubby. ;)

sammi
07-20-2002, 12:40 PM
So sorry for your loss. You must have lots of wonderful memories of your kitties, and I hope that makes the pain somewhat less.

yorkster
07-20-2002, 03:37 PM
So sorry for your loss. You should feel proud that you were abel to give Snoopers a long and happy life.
Take care.

ILOVECINDER
07-21-2002, 07:22 PM
i'm so sorry that snoopers is gone. :( he was a lovely cat. i hope that he will rest in peace with daffy.

~-~-ilovecinder-~-~

kohala
07-21-2002, 07:33 PM
I remember being so enthralled by his beautiful picture!! It was before I started posting on this site. I hope your heart is easing some, I know it has to be difficult. That's one of the hard parts about having an older kitty - you know you don't have as much time left with them as you'd like. It makes me so sad to know that Grasshopper may not be with us when we finally relocate to Idaho. Thank God for happy memories, they are truly healing.
Legrubs and nosesnuggles from Grasshopper

Ann
07-22-2002, 07:22 AM
I am so sorry for your loss... He was truly beautiful.

He got 20 wonderful years though, so try to be happy for that. My darling Titti also had to be put to sleep because of organ failure and I can't think of it without starting to cry.

Daffy
07-23-2002, 10:28 AM
:) Thankyou everyone for all your thoughtful posts. I still keep thinking the old guy is sleeping on the love seat ( it was his favorite place) & i keep looking where the food dishes were to see if he needs some food. Also when I come home from work I keep thinking he is going to greet me at the door..... It cetainly is tough but I do have all the fond memories & I know he had a great life. Thankyou all. It was really comforting to read the posts.

NoahsMommy
07-23-2002, 02:55 PM
I'm so so sorry.... :(

Snoopers was a beautiful kitty....I am sure he will be greatly missed. :( :( :(

My prayers are with you.

kohala
07-23-2002, 11:02 PM
There was an interesting piece on tonight's news about Grief Counselling ans Support Groups for people who had lost their animal friends - it was very informative; I'm glad I saw it. Maybe there is a Network News page that has the article - I think it was CBS. Loss and grief have very real effects on us - like you mentioned when you are coming home. My heart went out to you in a way I can't explain when I read that. Bless you.

Gio
07-24-2002, 04:49 AM
I know very well how you feel having gone trough the same with my RB cats. My thoughts are with you.

Vio&Juni
07-24-2002, 06:51 AM
I am sure, he will always live in your memory. Such a handsome guy. I remember his picture very well.

tatsxxx11
07-24-2002, 10:22 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss:( How well I remember Snoopers, our beautiful COTD. The photo you posted of him was one of the most moving I have ever had the privelege of seeing on COTD. I know precious Snoopers is resting peacefully beside sweet Daffy. One day in the future you will all be united. I hope that thought and the many wonderful memories you hold in your heart, will give you some comfort during this very sad time. Bless you dear Snoopers.

Puffin83
07-24-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Pam
http://catoftheday.com/archive/2002/March/09.jpg

I remember Snoopers well! The photo was awesome! I am so sorry to hear of his passing but how wonderful that he lived to be 20 years old and was loved so, not to mention the day he starred as our Cat of the Day. I picture him running with Daffy at the Rainbow Bridge unhindered by his aged body.

Yes, I definitely think some Claritin and a new kitty might be just what the doctored ordered for you and your hubby. ;) Yes Snoopers is in the spirit realm...His spirit will come back to you and love you and be a giver of energy to you. I'm not a Christian either.:)

*I take science and have metaphysics swirled in...

Puffin83
07-24-2002, 07:35 PM
By the way, what the jig is rainbow ridge?

Karen
07-24-2002, 08:01 PM
Puffin - here's one version of The Rainbow Bridge Story (http://www.rainbowbridge.org/)