PDA

View Full Version : If I could change one thing about myself

Marigold2
06-23-2007, 09:42 PM
If magically you could change one thing, ONLY ONE thing about yourself, what would it be?
For me it would be good health, no more back and neck pains.

joycenalex
06-23-2007, 09:52 PM
wow, just one thing huh? let me think....

Karen
06-23-2007, 09:53 PM
My allergies. I'd rather have none, thank you.

Queen of Poop
06-23-2007, 09:54 PM
I'd feel better about myself and stop worrying that no one likes me.

sparks19
06-23-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm with you Marigold.... no more back and neck pain.

Marigold2
06-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Well heck for what it's worth I like you.

Karen
06-23-2007, 10:12 PM

You don't have to worry about that - WE like you! ;)
And another thing - anyone who loves animals enough to CHOOSE the username Queen of Poop has GOT to be an animal-lover and a pretty special person to boot. And one that has a sense of humor - all reasons for people to like you!

Hellow
06-23-2007, 10:52 PM
I would get rid of my asthma, or however you spell it.

catnapper
06-23-2007, 11:08 PM
I'd give anything to not have all my food issues. I'm allergic to anything aged or fermented. That rules out pretty much half the "good" food. Try dieting when half the tradional diet food is on my cannot eat list. No yogurt. No cottage cheese. No pickles. No raisins. I basically have found out I can survive on carbs -- they don't give me mind-blowing migraines like many other foods do. Then on top of that --- I have weird food preferences. I won't eat red meat. I won't touch anything thats still attached to the bone. I hate sauces. I hate tomatoes. I could go on and on about my food issues I would do anything to NOT be picky and get sick.

slick
06-23-2007, 11:16 PM
I'd feel better about myself and stop worrying that no one likes me. This comment makes me sad :( because I was there about 5 years ago. I spent many, many years worrying about how to get people to like me and now I see it as such a waste of time and energy. There are others whom I don't like, so how can I possibly expect everyone to like me??? I'm sure there are PT'ers that don't like me and maybe have me on their ignore list....so what???? The ones that stay close matter the most.

For what's it's worth, I like you and I think you are very, very "speshal". ♥♥

Long ago before you posted this, I thought about contacting you. My brother lives in Calgary and is always wanting me to visit. Catty1 lives in the vicinity as well. I keep thinking about how I can see my brother and have a mini PT meeting at the same time :D One day it will happen but only if you and Catty1 agree.

Big {{{hugs}}}
xoxoxo

Now, about the topic of this thread. The one thing I would change about myself is....hmmmmm.....to be more assertive. To say "No, I'm sorry, I can't do that". "No, you can't treat me that way."

You'd think that having cancer would make me wish for good health, but really cancer is the best thing that could have happened to me for reasons that are too long to post here. :)

Catty1
06-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Gayle - I had to learn over time that whatever anyone else thinks or does is none of my business! :D (Got that from someone in a 12 step group)

Or - this is a saying I like: The person who worries about what others think of him/her wouldn't worry so much if he/she knew how seldom they DO.

On the other hand, you have come out of a very controlling and abusive situation quite recently. You were told and shown you were 'less than.'

Know what? THEY LIED! :) Again, over time, make up your own wonderful stuff about yourself, and that will be true for you!

Slick - I am definitely into a mini PT meeting! Gayle?

OK...I wouldn't mind changing my crooked lower teeth. And maybe a couple of grooves in my face...but overall, I like me.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-24-2007, 06:17 AM
NO health-issues, NO doubt about that :(

Laura's Babies
06-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Better health, no more aches and pains! I finally got my wish of bening able to eat what I want again.

Catnapper, I know about not being able to eat what you like/love/want having had IBS most of my life and being so limitted as to what I could eat. You all know how long Taco Bell have has Taco Salads? Just about a week ago, I finally got to eat one after so many years of wishing I could. I can't believe I ate the WHOLE thing in one sitting!! Just this month I have had fresh corn on the cobb...MMMmmmmm!

karyn674
06-24-2007, 09:28 AM
I agree wit you Slick:

I'd choose to learn to say no and get satisfied whilst saying it!

Would have done better with a million no's in my life

columbine
06-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Well, I'd say allergies, except they mostly go away when I take time off anyway! So I'll pick anemia, so I'd have energy to work harder and pay off my debts and get out of town for good, and be more active and healthier. (Standard girl-stuff anemia - "That doesn't really happen" if you're an HMO medical professional, so I just gobble lots of iron supplements and don't even bother trying to give blood any more because I always flunk hemoglobin.)

Felicia's Mom
06-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I would have better health. This would include no more seizures, and walking again without use of a walker.

Pembroke_Corgi
06-24-2007, 10:48 AM
I am fortunate enough to have good health (hopefully it stay that way!). I think if I could change one thing, I would be debt-free. College is so expensive these days. I have loans from my undergrad (which stared at $3,500/ year for tuition and four years later was $5,000- now 2 years after I graduated it's over $6,000 :eek: I feel sorry for future generations who want to go to an affordable college :( )and more from graduate school, but I didn't have much of a choice if I wanted an education! College isn't free, and I even got a few scholarships but I still owe a lot of money.

joycenalex
06-24-2007, 11:30 AM
after thinking about it, and discussing it this am, both with the dogs and my human and myself, it's this... i'd get rid of the self critical voice in my head. the voice that tells me so many not true and hurtful/hateful things. the voice that tells me how unspecial, unloveable, undesirable, unworthy i am. those internalized years of critical voice has helped create a fearful, self limiting woman, who is just now starting to see how wrong that voice, and the untruths were.
sure i have some physical limitations, that prevent things, but that voice has got to go, first

Cincy'sMom
06-24-2007, 06:14 PM
I think I'd be better at budgetting. I am not at all good with money.

Lobodeb
06-24-2007, 06:35 PM
I wish I was better able to metabolize the crap I put in my body. That sounds terribly lazy, but it's true. I hate exercising, so I could ask for that, but the bottom line is that I think I would feel better about myself if I was thinner. Being thinner natrually, I think would help me in many areas of my life.

carole
06-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I am with a lot of you, to have no health issues, to get rid of my fibromyalgia and all that goes along with it.

sweetpatata6
06-24-2007, 09:16 PM
I would eithr have to say my food pickyness ((it's hard to find things to eat sometimes because Im so picky)) and it's not like I can help it and a lot of people can't see why I just can't get over it.

OR PREFERIBLY

My skin is so sensitive it's not even funny. I would LOVE to get rid of that. There have been a few times where my skin has itched so much I've accidentily rubbed my skin raw.

crow_noir
06-25-2007, 04:06 AM
It's really a toss up. I really don't know if i could choose JUST one thing.

Either I'd like to be in good health or undo whatever happened back in 2001/2002 so that I'd no longer be angry and hateful any more (i really miss the old me.)

Hmmm... after pondering this a bit i wonder if the other could be included as mental health, and I'd just wish to be totally healthy. :D ;) :p

If magically you could change one thing, ONLY ONE thing about yourself, what would it be?

anna_66
06-25-2007, 02:20 PM
The one thing I would change about me at this very moment would be to get rid of this big hematoma on my leg from the bite.

Roxyluvsme13
06-25-2007, 02:25 PM
My fatness :(

boris91
06-25-2007, 02:30 PM
if i could change one thing about my self it would be my sensitive and dry skin i hate it i can use handwash or most soaps/shower gels

but if i could change one thing about my mum i would get rid of her back and leg pain for her i hate that she has athritis (sp?) :(

dogzr#1
06-25-2007, 02:33 PM
I would like to change my lazyness for one thing. I'm not as lazy as some people, but I'm too lazy for my own liking, if that makes sense.

Or

I would like to change my nose :o I got a big nose from my dad's side of the family and I don't like it at all! I actually plan on getting a nose job when I get older. My friends say it's not that bad but I still don't like it.

cassiesmom
06-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Me and the Cowardly Lion:
COURAGE

wombat2u2004
06-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Uh....

Well I am shy when meeting people in person and I am very shy about answering questions at school and end up basically whispering it.... which is very annoying. Ok so I am pretty confident with people I know and stuff (unless I know them through the internet and I am meeting them for the first time...... my head goes blank :( ) but I am mostly pretty shy. I really wish I had more confidence. *Sigh*

(But on the internet I can talk to basically anyone about anything----)

HAH !!!!! Yeah like we believe that !!!!! :D
What about that time you dobbed me in to my daughter because I stole a couple of her easter eggs. Your head didn't go blank then did it ????? :D
Wom

Alysser
06-29-2007, 09:01 PM
My hair for sure. I HATE my hair, it's so curly and frizzy. Whenever I get out of the shower I have to straighten it. It annoys the crap outta me.

Whisk_Luva
06-30-2007, 03:10 AM
HAH !!!!! Yeah like we believe that !!!!! :D
What about that time you dobbed me in to my daughter because I stole a couple of her easter eggs. Your head didn't go blank then did it ????? :D
Wom

That was on the internet though! :p