PDA

View Full Version : Saw a mistreated bun

Marigold2
06-23-2007, 09:39 PM
The city that I live in had a city wide garage sale today. I saw a bunny for sale at one of the last houses I went to. Poor little girl had finger and toe nails about an inch long. Was in an outdoor cage with only wire under her little feet and was not feed the correct items. She also had something on her behind, the woman said it was just dirt but I am afraid it might be an infection or a lot of caked on dirt. Her cage was dirty and she was so sad looking. I already have two buns my precious Benny and Snowy and they are both fixed and potty trained, also very bonded. I cannot release another bun into their room but perhaps I can purchase this little girl for what they were asking and foster her for a bit. I just hate the thought of her in that home, I shan't be able to sleep tonight. Thoughts of poor suffering bunny on the mind. I hope I can find the house she lived at since I was driving around in an somewhat unfamiliar development. Apperently this little black and white cutey was the daughters and she got tired of it, how flipping sad is that. I will go back tomorrow and look for that house. I hope she is still there. Wish me luck guys.

Kalei
06-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I wish you all my luck!!!! That poor bunny, I hate seeing people just get tired of their animals and then leave them to poor healthy and possible death, its sickening. I mean how would they like it if their parents got tired of them and didn't feed them or let them use the washroom?

I'm so glad you are thinking of going to purchase that bunny, you are such a great person, I hope you find the cutey and come back to update us!

Karen
06-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Good luck. That bunny needs a nail trim, but with them that long, it'll be hard to judge where the quick is. She needs to be in a better home, and bless you for trying to rescue her. I wish you luck.

Yet another example of why no one should buy a child a bunny for Easter.

Hellow
06-23-2007, 10:51 PM
well, i mean, i am kind of tired of Little Bit because he wakes me up a 3:00 in the mornin gnawing but i wouldent put him in a garage sale, how sad.

Catty1
06-23-2007, 11:48 PM
OH, I hope you can foster her...she can know health and love...it would be wonderful to watch her blossom!

THERE'S a name for her....Blossom.

I hope she is still there also. Please post an update!

JuniorxMyxLove
06-24-2007, 11:54 AM
That's how I feel about these bunnies my neighbor has, but my mom would never let me take them, and their not for sale. I'm trying to get my mom to call the animal shelter, but whenever I talk to her, she just says "You can't even tell me about those bunnies anymore." because it makes her so sad.

Marigold2
06-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Update on Oreo the bunny.

I went back over today and she had not been sold. The lady was really nice and very sweet. I gave her a huge packet of info from House Rabbit Society on what to feed, house, litter all the bunny info anyone could ever need. I checked her behind and it was just matted dirt, not loose stool or an infection, and together the lady and I clipped her nails. If someone buys her they will be given the info and if not the woman has all she needs. The lady really did seem to care but just didn't have the correct info. Hubby won't let me get her. I can't afford to throw him out.
To Junior, please pick up the phone and call animal control yourself. Those bunnies are suffering and to stand by and do nothing is worst then being the abuser oneself.

Karen
06-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Oh, thank you for caring enough to educate the woman, that will make life so much better for that bunny!

Lady's Human
06-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Thanks Marigold. I'm sure the bun appreciates your efforts!

Hellow
06-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes, you did great. But it seems like that the person would have enough common since to know that you are supposed to feed a rabbit RABBIT food and not to let it's nails get an inch long and to not let it's fur get caked with dirt.

crow_noir
06-25-2007, 03:18 AM
Thank you so much Marigold for all that you did!!! :D

And wow, that was wonderful that the woman was willing to accept your help! :)