PDA

View Full Version : Had such a nice day

sparks19
06-23-2007, 07:58 PM
We kind of celebrated my birthday today since we both worked yesterday.

We got up this morning and went out to Lowe's to pick out some paint for the nursery.... while we were out we happened upon a yard sale. I LOVE me a yard sale lol so we had to stop. just our luck... it was ALL baby stuff.

I got a boppy, TONS of neutral clothing, and a sleep positioner for only 23 bucks..... We filled an entire garbage bag with clothes LOL. so I was very happy about that.

We came home and started on the nursery.... it still needs another coat of paint but here are some before and after pics....

Before
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/IMGA0805-1.jpg
After
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b357/sparks1919/IMGA0808-1.jpg

We are going to leave the baseboards white and we might do a light blue with white sponging to look like clouds on the ceiling :D

Then after all that we went to Outback for dinner. OMG was it delicious. and for dessert we had "Chocolate Thunder from Down Under" anyone who hasn't had this NEEDS to try it. SO GOOD.

We are going to do the second coat of paint tomorrow.

So all in all it was a great day.

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm glad you had such a good day!! :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

And OMG I LOVE THAT COLOR!

I also love the idea of the clouds. It's very gender friendly and a pretty color!

sparks19
06-23-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm glad you had such a good day!! :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

And OMG I LOVE THAT COLOR!

I also love the idea of the clouds. It's very gender friendly and a pretty color!

Thank you :D

it actually looks a lot darker in the picture but it is a nice yellow..... the crib set is also yellow :D we just don't have the crib yet to set up the bedding lol

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Good on ya mate....glad you had a good day.
You should become a painter....you look like a painter....not a bead threader !!!
I did also notice in those pics, that you have a roller in your hand, and hubby has a glass of beer in his hand .... :D
Wom

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Thank you :D

it actually looks a lot darker in the picture but it is a nice yellow..... the crib set is also yellow :D we just don't have the crib yet to set up the bedding lol

What does the bedding look like?

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Good on ya mate....glad you had a good day.
You should become a painter....you look like a painter....not a bead threader !!!
I did also notice in those pics, that you have a roller in your hand, and hubby has a glass of beer in his hand .... :D
Wom

Good observing Wom... Tho that's not a beer bottle :rolleyes: .

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Good observing Wom... Tho that's not a beer bottle :rolleyes: .

Yeah......but have a look at the look on his face....he's out of it man !!!!! :D
Wom

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah......but have a look at the look on his face....he's out of it man !!!!! :D
Wom

:p Ok what ever you say.... And that comming from a man who wears pink paintes :eek: :D .

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 08:24 PM
:p Ok what ever you say.... And that comming from a man who wears pink paintes :eek: :D .

That's true, but I don't wear pink panties and drink at the same time !!!!! LOL

sparks19
06-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Here is the nursery set we got.
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/netkidswear_1955_24701165

LOL that was WATER BTW.... he didn't have beer until dinner.... he just always looks that goofy :D lol

And just a correction on the pink panties Wombat likes to wear.... don't forget they ALSO have sequins on them :p

and if you'll notice.... my shirt is the same color as the walls.... that way you wouldn't notice all the paint that didn't make it to the wall lol

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Here is the nursery set we got.

And just a correction on the pink panties Wombat likes to wear.... don't forget they ALSO have sequins on them :p

and if you'll notice.... my shirt is the same color as the walls.... that way you wouldn't notice all the paint that didn't make it to the wall lol

Haha how could I forget about the sequins?! *hits head* lol

And my friend and I were painting her walls, and I was COVERED in paint and my parents were like I hope you two didn't mess around too much :p But it was a neat paint job...

I love the cow jumping over the moon!! :D sooo cute!

sparks19
06-23-2007, 08:47 PM

And my friend and I were painting her walls, and I was COVERED in paint and my parents were like I hope you two didn't mess around too much :p But it was a neat paint job...

That is why we chose that set :D I LOVE LOVE LOVE cows. So the cow jumping over the moon sold me on that set lol

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 08:48 PM
That is why we chose that set :D I LOVE LOVE LOVE cows. So the cow jumping over the moon sold me on that set lol

Hehe the baby's gonna love it!! :D
P.S. when do we figure out if it's a boy or girl?! :)

Hellow
06-23-2007, 08:56 PM
I remember when i was a wee mate i had thoes glow in the dark stars on the cieling and my mom painted a hilside scene on my wall with the clouds and sun and everything. I loved it!

sparks19
06-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Hehe the baby's gonna love it!! :D
P.S. when do we figure out if it's a boy or girl?! :)

when the baby is born ;)

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 09:12 PM

Awwwwww what ???? You forgot about the sequins ??? I'm complaining to Brody's Mum about this....she told me to specifically mention them, as she took all day to sew them on !!!! :rolleyes:
Wom

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 09:17 PM

Nope.......it's definately the humpty dumpty I like best.
Wom

Marigold2
06-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

sparks19
06-23-2007, 09:47 PM
Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

The mystery is ... who did it?

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 09:53 PM

Mrs. Dumpty ???

sparks19
06-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Mrs. Dumpty ???

he must have been fooling around on her with the McMuffin down the lane :D

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 09:57 PM
he must have been fooling around on her with the McMuffin down the lane :D

And you have these effigies in your childs nursery ???? LOL

sweetpatata6
06-24-2007, 07:38 AM

WOMBAT!!!! Is there something you need to confess to us?!?!?! :D

wombat2u2004
06-24-2007, 07:51 AM
WOMBAT!!!! Is there something you need to confess to us?!?!?! :D

Yeah....I must admit I ate the little fat bugger !!!!!
Poached humpty dumpty....mmmm....good with bacon !!!!
Wom

Pam
06-24-2007, 08:04 AM
It sounds like a perfect day to me, and a belated Happy Birthday to you! I am glad you got to go to a few yard sales and get some nice things. My daughter just had a very successful yard sale yesterday and it was almost all baby things (clothing, etc.) Just think, when you are finished having your family you can then turn around and sell everything too! It's a win-win situation because no one wants to pay top dollar for things when babies grow so fast. By the way, you have a lot of willpower. I would never be able to wait until the baby was born to find out the sex. I am just too curious! :D

sweetpatata6
06-24-2007, 02:45 PM
By the way, you have a lot of willpower. I would never be able to wait until the baby was born to find out the sex. I am just too curious! :D

Diddo!!

Taz_Zoee
06-24-2007, 03:38 PM
That's gonna be a cute baby room. And I'm glad you're waiting until it's born to find out the sex. That's the way it was done in the "old" days, and I like the element of surprise. If I ever had a baby (which probably won't happen) I'd want to wait too. But Bruce said he'd want to find out. And I think the whole one person knowing and the other not doesn't work too well. LOL
And I don't even want to know about Wom's pink sequined undies. I'm glad I missed that thread. :D

sweetpatata6
06-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Yeah....I must admit I ate the little fat bugger !!!!!
Poached humpty dumpty....mmmm....good with bacon !!!!
Wom

I bet!!

sparks19
06-24-2007, 03:45 PM
LOL we didn't think I would make it not finding out the sex..... but it turned out that when we went for the ultrasound where you can find out.... the baby was protecting me from myself lol. the tech didn't even ask she just said "I don't know if you wanted to find out the sex or not but I cannot tell because this baby will just not uncross his or her legs" Knowing that she didn't know helped keep me under control lol. If she had said she knew the sex and then asked if we wanted to know I probably would have cracked. I can't even wait till Christmas day to open presents haha How am I supposed to wait 9 months if I know someone else knows the sex of my baby :D So luckily this little one ALSO wanted to keep it a surprise.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-25-2007, 06:02 AM
I love the nursery set - its going to look gorgeous!

Let me know if you need any sequins :rolleyes:

sweetpatata6
06-25-2007, 08:02 AM
LOL we didn't think I would make it not finding out the sex..... but it turned out that when we went for the ultrasound where you can find out.... the baby was protecting me from myself lol. the tech didn't even ask she just said "I don't know if you wanted to find out the sex or not but I cannot tell because this baby will just not uncross his or her legs" Knowing that she didn't know helped keep me under control lol. If she had said she knew the sex and then asked if we wanted to know I probably would have cracked. I can't even wait till Christmas day to open presents haha How am I supposed to wait 9 months if I know someone else knows the sex of my baby :D So luckily this little one ALSO wanted to keep it a surprise.

That helps!! :D My teacher was so excicted to find out what her baby was, and I was like it's going to be a boy ((it was)) and she for some reason thaught it was going to be a girl, and I was like OR the baby couldn't cooperate!! And she goes "LEAH! Don't say that!" lol. And everyone cracked up.

sparks19
06-25-2007, 08:21 AM
I love the nursery set - its going to look gorgeous!

Let me know if you need any sequins :rolleyes:

LOL

Thank you

I would love some sequins but I don't want to take them away from Wombat :D he seems very attached to the sequins lol

wombat2u2004
06-25-2007, 08:23 AM
LOL

Thank you

I would love some sequins but I don't want to take them away from Wombat :D he seems very attached to the sequins lol

They're mine !!!! Don't touch them !!!!

sparks19
06-25-2007, 09:53 AM

SEE....

He's very protective of his sequins :D I can't compete with that lol

sweetpatata6
06-25-2007, 10:14 AM

A little bitter, are we wom about our sequins??? Do we need some counciling about sharing? :p