PDA

View Full Version : book 7- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- 7-21-07

Suki Wingy
06-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Who is going to the midnight release of the book? I am somewhere, but since it is the very last one ( :( !) I want to do something big! I am going with at least one other person but we want to dress up and go to some event. Someone told me there is a place downtown Chicago that turns into Diagon Alley at the book releases, so I searched google several times but I can't find it. Does I'm searching Mugglenet but I can't find any info on any gatherings in my (chigagoland) area.

What are YOU guys doing?

Kirsten
06-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Can't wait!! But I have to wait for the German translation which won't be published before the end of October... :( I wouldn't have a problem to read the English version, but I have the other 6 books in German, too, and I want the series to be completed that way. Some bookstores here offer a delivery at midnight, and I'm thinking about such an order. Would be sort of cool to get the book at midnight! :)

Kirsten

Suki Wingy
06-23-2007, 08:31 PM
That's too bad! I LOVE the books. Every summer that a new book comes out I re-read the whole searies leading up to it but for 2006 (last year) I re-read it anyway. For book 6 I got it at midnight and read until 4 am, then slept for 3 hours, then got up to work at the barn saddling and grooming horses! I don't do well on little sleep, but of course on my breaks I was reading. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
06-24-2007, 10:41 AM
I love the Harry Potter series too and can't wait for the last installment! I probably won't go to a midnight release, but I'm planning on buying from Amazon so I can get it delivered the same day it's released. I did that last year, and it was hard to wait for the book to show up in the mailbox! But it was cheaper to buy that way. I of course read it in one sitting, and I expect this year will be no different! :p

Sonia59
06-24-2007, 03:44 PM
I ordered it three months ago and I will receive it in my mail box the day it is released.

ramanth
06-24-2007, 05:36 PM
I'll be in Toronto at Casa Loma for a midnight release party. :D

smokey the elder
06-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Maybe you have to solve a puzzle to find Diagon Alley! That would certainly fit.

Roxyluvsme13
06-25-2007, 10:14 AM
No idea what I'm doing, will probably buy it that day. It comes out on my birthday :D.

k9krazee
06-25-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm not planning on going to any huge parties or anything, but I will probably will be at my little local bookstore at midnight to get it.

Suki Wingy
06-25-2007, 07:26 PM
That's what I did in 2005. They played the first 3 movies all night and had bertie bott's beans, which I refuse to eat after a few sardine ones.

Alysser
06-25-2007, 07:33 PM
I am not an avid Harry Potter reader, but I do enjoy the movies and I love going to see them. I hate reading the books, it takes me WAY too long! My Dad pre-ordered my sisters book and on the night it is released My dad, me, and my sister will be going to the midnight party at our local Barnes and Nobles. I always have fun at those things! I will not be getting a book, I'll just have to wait for the movie to come out, usually I just ask my sister what happens.

Suki Wingy
06-25-2007, 08:36 PM
ok, I found this from 2003, but are they doing it this year too?
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20030516/ai_n12501775

Woo HOO! I found it!!!
http://www.magictreebookstore.com/hpschedule.htm

Now I just gotta email tones of people. :)