PDA

View Full Version : Question on Rabbits

Lori Jordan
06-22-2007, 02:36 PM
I have had Bailee a little over 2 months.I was just wondering when i can feed her greens.Alot have said not until she is 6 months.Is that true?

Karen
06-22-2007, 02:49 PM
I have had Bailee a little over 2 months.I was just wondering when i can feed her greens.Alot have said not until she is 6 months.Is that true?

Miss Hoppy has lived on greens and hay since we brought her home at about 8 weeks of age. She is 10 years old, and still doing fine. She refused the first pellets we offered her - dumped them out of the dish and hopped away from them, and so she has been a greens bunny ever since!

(She gets treats, and of course her 3 raisins a night, too ... worry not!)

buttercup132
06-22-2007, 02:59 PM
People always say 6 months because they are very watery but I don't think that's true. Maybe just start her off with greens instead of fruits and vegetables.

Lori Jordan
06-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks,
They all infact have told me with Bailee being longhaired,she will not be able to digest greens easy.

But i do feed her hay,They say it helps the digest hairballs easier?

What greens do you suggest i start her off on?

Also im feeding her Martins,What foods are recomended?

buttercup132
06-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Thanks,
They all infact have told me with Bailee being longhaired,she will not be able to digest greens easy.

But i do feed her hay,They say it helps the digest hairballs easier?

What greens do you suggest i start her off on?

Also im feeding her Martins,What foods are recomended?
Try giving her some Khale at first or Spinach. Just start her off with a little at first. Yes hay dose help wiht hairballs.
And you can just cut out pellets all together if you want. I honestly have no clue about brands of pellets mine get them sometimes as a treat.

Blue Dragonfly
06-24-2007, 11:03 AM
give them the option, when they are ready, they will eat there greens. just make sure they have a balanced diet.