PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE!!! NOT AGAIN I think I found a Home for My Stray*Maybe Not anymore*

Anikaca77
06-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi All,

I've been trying like mad to find my girl "Baby" who's living outside (only because I have 5 kitties inside in a one bedroom apartment also please don't just that as being too small, I know it is but I love all my guys to death) Well I came across an ad on craig list this women offering to foster cats and kittens so I thought I'd give it a whirl and see if she was willing to take in Baby and give her a home.

And sure enough she is willing!!! :) I'm so excited so tonight I'm going to have to try to trap her and get her inside so tomorrow afternoon I'll be able to take her to meet this women Nicky.

I asked her some questions and here are the questions and answer:

Where do you plan on keeping her? Indoors only

Do you rent or own? own

Are children in the household? yes, and they are very used to cats

Will you be home during the day? everyday I am home

I'm assuming the answer for this is yes but sorry I still have to ask: Are cats allowed where you live? haha sure are

If she does not come around (become friendly) what do you plan on doing with her? Take time - it usually takes time for any cat to adjust to new surroundings.

Do you ever discipline your pets if you have any and if so how? My cats don't get disciplined really. I think they have the run of the house!

If a disciplinary or behavior problem arises, (such as she pees on the floor and not in the litter box) what steps will you take to work on it? Usually after they see the litter box, they catch on fairly fast. It's a natural thing for cats to prefer to go in the sand to cover it all up. And the other cats here use it as well so she will definately catch on! Not to mention we do have 3 boxes so far!

Do you have any current pets? yes I do - I have 4 cats and a dog. My dog is a big wuss and she is used to cats as well. She likes to play chase but if the cats want no part of it - she just hides in her crate... I have a 7 week old kitten here right now and my dog actually thinks she is her baby...

Are you planning on declawing her? no. It's not necessary. Cat have claws for a reason and I have cat trees for that.

Well that's all for now, I'm just hoping someone will be willing to let me borrow there cat trap if they have one for just tonight.

Melissa

krazyaboutkatz
06-22-2007, 01:23 PM
This is great news!!!:) I hope that you'll be able to trap her easily and that everything will work out for her. Please continue to keep us updated. Good luck.:)

Anikaca77
06-22-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm having the worst luck locating a trap. I might have to buy one but I don't think I'll need it again...who knows.

catmandu
06-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Have You Tried Your Humane Society Although You Usually Have To Pay A Rental There. But As Those Cages Are Expensive And That Will Save Money. I Tried To Catch Roccalno Last Week And I Got Every Porch Cat But Her.
At Least I Saw Who Was Hanging Around The Cat Cave!!!!!!!!!!\
Good Luck On That New Furrever Home.

Anikaca77
06-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Well I managed to get a trap last night and this women never e-mailed me back about meeting her today like I wanted to. I haven't heard from her yet I'm hoping that she is just too busy to reply right now but still wants to take in Baby.

I've had this happen so many times now where someone will say they want her and I have to quickly get a trap and then I never hear from them again....I'm just getting so disappointed.

catmandu
06-23-2007, 04:16 PM
THE GOOD NEWS HERE IS THAT ROCCALNOS UPSTAIRS IN THE CAT ENCLOSURE ON THE BACK PORCH. ITS A LOT NICER THAN THE CELLAR AND SHE HAS MET SEVERAL OF THE FOUND CATS WITHOUT INCEDENCE.
THIS IS A VERY GOOD START!!!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cats101940.jpg

Anikaca77
06-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Well I still haven't heard from this women yet...I figured I'd give her till Monday afternoon and if I still don't hear from her I will post on another website.

jennielynn1970
06-25-2007, 01:23 AM
Is Baby still inside with you?? I hope she's got a little more room to stretch out and use the potty than just the carrier, lol. Maybe the woman was just busy this weekend. It was gorgeous outside here in eastern PA, so maybe they were swimming or something. She looks like such a sweet little girl! I hope you find someone to adopt or foster her.

Did you ask her how she earns a living?? I mean, if she has kids, and is home all day, all the time, how is she getting money to pay bills and such. I'd definitely want to know that one.

Anikaca77
06-25-2007, 06:22 AM
No I didn't trap her. I usually wait till I know the person will take her before trapping her. No I didn't ask her how she earns a living I'm assuming a husband but I don't want to assume because I know what happens when you do assume things. I just hope she e-mails me today and says she will still take in Baby.

Is Baby still inside with you?? I hope she's got a little more room to stretch out and use the potty than just the carrier, lol. Maybe the woman was just busy this weekend. It was gorgeous outside here in eastern PA, so maybe they were swimming or something. She looks like such a sweet little girl! I hope you find someone to adopt or foster her.

Did you ask her how she earns a living?? I mean, if she has kids, and is home all day, all the time, how is she getting money to pay bills and such. I'd definitely want to know that one.

KittyGurl
06-25-2007, 12:52 PM
I hope the woman will take in Baby. She is a adorable cat and looks so sweet. I just have a question: how come you don't trap Baby yet? Keep us updated! Hopefully, Baby will have a home soon.

catmandu
06-25-2007, 02:10 PM
WE HOPE THIS LADY DIDT CHANGE HER MIND AND ET A CAT THAT SHE FEELS WILL BE LESS OF A HASSLE THAN BABY.
I WISH I COULD TAKE BABY I BET THAT SHE AND THE ROCCALNO WOULD HIT IT OFF.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cats101941.jpg

jennielynn1970
06-25-2007, 02:30 PM
If you're in Central Pa, or close to that, can you contact Castaway Critters??? They take in kitties, and I'm pretty sure they are a no-kill. I know that Huntingdon Shelter (close to Altoona) uses them as a back up for when they are full and need to get some out of their shelter to save them.

Here's Castaway Critters' site:
http://www.castawaycritters.org/

Anikaca77
06-26-2007, 07:27 AM
KittyGurl,

I would trap her but I have 5 cats already in a small one bedroom apartment and my oldest girl Anika has anixety issues so I don't want to stress her out any longer than I have too. That's why I have not brought her in yet. Trust me I want to so bad but with Anika it's better for her health if I only have Baby in the house for one night or two nights.

Melissa

I hope the woman will take in Baby. She is a adorable cat and looks so sweet. I just have a question: how come you don't trap Baby yet? Keep us updated! Hopefully, Baby will have a home soon.

Anikaca77
06-26-2007, 07:34 AM
I got an e-mail from Nicky (the lady that said she will take baby) and she said that she is still wanting to take in Baby and she just got really busy this past weekend. So I made an appointment with her for this Saturday to drive to Titusville, PA and drop off Baby at her house. She was going to meet me halfway but her husband has the car so I'll be driving the whole way plus that way I get to see where Baby is going to live and hopefully everything will work out and of course I'm going to make sure her house is clean and acceptable for Baby to stay there if I get any wrong feeling she will be coming back with me.

Melissa

KittyGurl
06-26-2007, 08:17 AM
That's great news! Keep us updated on Saturday.

Anikaca77
06-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Well I put the trap out last night waiting for Baby to go in and she never came around. I'm going to try tonight and see what happens. I really hope she comes around. I'm suppose to take her to Titusville, PA tomorrow afternoon. I hope I can get her.

Melissa

Anikaca77
06-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Well tonight baby came around but would not fall for the trap.

Instead just at 11 p.m. I caught a black cat. Very beautiful eyes very scared...needless to say she/he jumped around a bunch. He's got some battle scares I'm going to contact Nicky (the lady who said she would take in Baby) and see if she would take this kitty in. I have a spca voucher to get the cat fixed if it's not already but I'm just hoping that the lady will take her in...

I have her/he in a cage in the bathroom right now and he/she is growling not hissing any suggestions to keep her/him calm???

Catty1
06-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Cover the carrier with a towel or blanket, so kitty feels 'hidden' and secure. They don't like open spaces if they are in a strange area.

Are you pretty sure it's a stray? It might have been just scared of the live trap.

If this lady won't take kitty for some reason, do you think she will wait for Baby?

Good luck!

Anikaca77
06-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks,

I'm pretty sure this cat was bouncing up the walls like and trying to climb up the shower curtain like a feral cat normally does.

I'm pretty sure she will wait for Baby I'm going to call her first thing in the morning and see if she will take the new cat and Baby if I trap her.

I'm going to take a few pictures the battle scars are pretty scary looking....

Cover the carrier with a towel or blanket, so kitty feels 'hidden' and secure. They don't like open spaces if they are in a strange area.

Are you pretty sure it's a stray? It might have been just scared of the live trap.

If this lady won't take kitty for some reason, do you think she will wait for Baby?

Good luck!

Catty1
06-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Ohok....climbing a shower curtain AND having the battle scars...kind of a wild boy (I am guessing because of the scars from fighting).

I hope he can be healed up at the vet's, and learn that people can be nice... :)

I remember when Oscar was wild....and over a few months my then-boss fed and talked to him. Finally had him eating on the porch. I would come out on the porch, and Oscar would start to run from the bowl - I would stand still and talk nice to him.

In the next couple of days, he began to enjoy rubs and scritchies above the bridge of his nose, just above and between the eyes.

In no time, he became MY sucky boy!

I wish the same for that little guy, and for Baby too!

Anikaca77
06-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Here are the picture since the cat is black it's hard to see it's battle scars...I'm not sure if my vet is open tomorrow but I'm sure going to try to find someone to look at her if this lady say's she won't take her.

The cat is still growling but not hissing.

Anikaca77
06-29-2007, 11:07 PM
I can't get the pictures to load for some reason but he has a clean cut under his left eye and what looks to be an abcess on his chin/cheek on the right side like there was a major kitty fight.

I'm going to call this women first thing in the morning to see if she will take this new comer and then go from there.

Thanks

Anikaca77
06-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Everything is coming down...when it rains it rains....

I just got this e-mail from Nicky....

I just wanted to write to you and let you know we have a big dilemma. I took 2 of the cats to the vet today and it seems we have 1 with Feline Leukiema. Unfortunately, the others are too young for the vaccine and now I need to have them tested tomorrow at about 2 pm. I am contacting a rescue closer to you, since I know that you want to get Baby taken care of ASAP, and she deserves the absolute best. I'll know tomorrow about my other cats and am hoping and praying they are still neg. 1 of them is way too young for the vaccine but the other 2 might be able to get the vaccine. The previous owner of the cats swore they were tested and I should have insisted on paperwork since they were indoor/outdoor cats.
I am so upset right now I can't even sleep due to the anxiety of tomorrows tests. I have them seperated - in hopes that the less physical contact - the less likely the chance to spread it. I'll let you know what happens with them when I get back from the vet tomorrow. I hate to do this to anyone since I also had 3 more coming in a few days and the big fund raiser at my home in 1 week as well. Here is the email address for the rescue near you, I am very sure they'll take her if any of my other fur babies come back positive. I am so devastated.

[email protected]

They are located in state college so it will make it so much easier for you as well.
If the test comes back that my others are still neg I'll be keeping the neg ones downstairs and the others in my "sick kitty" room. Its just a room with beds and toys and litter pans and such that they can stay in until I can get Tom and Jerry (he needs tested again) treatment, and find out what the vet has to say.

If they come back neg and you don't take her to the other rescue I'll come down myself and get her. That way I can take her straight to the vet and get her tested and vaccinated.

I'm still so sorry.

Sincerely,
Nicky

So I went ahead and e-mailed the current situation to the e-mail address she provided me with and this is what they said:

Wehoo, we're driving the van to FL packed full of stuff we've held for the the
Florida kids!

We plan to be home the latest by July 9th, Not a clue how often or how we can
get on line at Mandy's house where we will be staying.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do either take her to the vets or see if Paws can help me out or something....

Catty1
06-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Let Nicky know...she probably has another contact at the shelter.

This gives you a little more time to get Baby, also.

I hope for the kitties sake that they test negative. Hers, and yours.

How is our little black friend doing?

HUGS!

jennielynn1970
06-30-2007, 01:55 AM
What about Castaway Critters in Harrisburg? Have you tried them?

Anikaca77
06-30-2007, 06:47 AM
Morning,
I just checked on the black cat and she so scared. She's/he's very pretty but so scared right now. I think we are going to try to see if paws can help this kitty out and then see about trapping Baby later on.

One other thing is she is a very scared...I talk to her/him and the cats shaking...it's so scared...

Anikaca77
06-30-2007, 06:48 AM
I haven't tried them yet but if paws won't take this kitty then i will contact them. Thanks

What about Castaway Critters in Harrisburg? Have you tried them?

Anikaca77
06-30-2007, 06:49 AM
I contacted Nicky and told her that I got the auto response and that she should keep me updated on her situation.

Thanks!

Let Nicky know...she probably has another contact at the shelter.

This gives you a little more time to get Baby, also.

I hope for the kitties sake that they test negative. Hers, and yours.

How is our little black friend doing?

HUGS!