PDA

View Full Version : To Move or Not To Move?!

DoggiesAreTheBest
07-19-2002, 08:23 AM
Well, Andrew will graduate flight school at the end of August and as of right now, he is 1st in his class! I am so proud of him. He has been offered a slot in fixed wing flight school (airplanes). He is now a rotatry pilot (helicopters).

He is going to accept the slot. This means that Andrew could be in Alabama for another 6 months. But it also mean he is not deployable!

What should I do? I am really unhappy here without him. And my job is starting to get aweful. Bad president has taken over and all my subordinates were fired and the prez's buddies got hired! They don't do jack, and I have to pull their weight. Being away from Andrew doesn't help either!

I need a push. I am worried about not finding a job that pays as well as this does :(

What do you guys think?

moosmom
07-19-2002, 08:34 AM
Do what your heart tells you to do. If you're unhappy without Andrew and your job sucks, go!! You can get a job anywhere. I learned that. I am now moving to Michigan from Connecticut and I don't have a job yet. But I'm confident that I WILL get one once I get there. There are lots of temporary agencies out there that are looking. Some might even have temp to perm jobs.

Life is full of chances. And if you don't take them, you'll always wonder "What if??" Go girl, be with him. Life is way to short to wonder.

Go on to www.monster.com They have tons of jobs listed in every state in the country.

Tell Andrew I said congratulations!!! He sounds like a very smart and wonderful man. No couple should be apart like that.

I wish you alot of luck. Please keep us posted. ;)

Stenograsaurus
07-19-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
I am worried about not finding a job that pays as well as this does :(

What do you guys think?

Money can't buy happiness!!!! Go wherever your heart leads you.

anna_66
07-19-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Stenograsaurus

My thoughts exactly!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-19-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Do what your heart tells you to do.

Good advice. And also the "you can find a job anywhere" too. Even if it doesn't pay as much, if you're happier that is worth much more than money in the bank. And it sounds like you're young enough that even if it doesn't pay as much right now, it might grow into something much bigger and better than it sounds like your present job will. Right now I commute from the Chicago suburbs into the city everyday. I do not work right downtown so taking the train to work isn't an option, which means I sit in traffic for 2 hours every day (1 hour in, 1 hour out) and I hate it. My job is great, and I did look for one out in the suburbs when I moved there, but I couldn't find one that would have been comparable to mine. My boss treats me very well (as you can tell by how many vacations I take) and really, the one and only thing I can complain about in my job is the commute. So to me, the right job and a great boss, not to mention the good pay and benefits, all make the hassle of driving in worth it. I call it the hassle factor. The benefits of the job outweigh the hassle factor, so I stay. To me it sounds like your hassle factor is starting to outweigh the benefits, so it might be time for a change. And if the new job doesn't pay as much, that would be ok because the hassle factor is way down too. Don't know if I'm explaining this very well, but I hope you get the idea. You're young enough that you should not pass up opportunities when they appear. Remember, when one door closes, another opens. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! And congratulations to Andrew for being first in his class!!!

Karen
07-19-2002, 09:14 AM
Go! Move to be with him, and you WILL find a job. Even if it doesn't pay as much, being happy is worth more than the difference. Perhaps your job situation getting more difficult is just the push you need ... if not, we'll help push ...

Draker'll help pack - okay, probably not, but ...

(You asked for our opinion ...)

Congratulations to him, by the way, first in his class is no small deal!

lovemymaltese
07-19-2002, 09:29 AM
Congratulations to Andrew that is very impressive. I agree, do what your heart tells you. I think that Ursella the sea witch from Little Mermaid said it best when she said "Life's full of tough choices, isn't it"? You'll make the right decision.

moosmom
07-19-2002, 09:54 AM
AMEN TO THAT!! I think you've just gotten the shove you needed! So what're you waiting for????

sammi
07-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Go with your heart. With your high education jobs won't be a problem as will $$. And if you have to live on a shorter budget it will be worth it to be happy. Everyone has already said it - your young, newly married and you deserve to be happy.
Yes, you must be very proud of Andrew as you should be!

Hoe is your dog situation coming along? Any takers yet? Is she a nice girl? And how old is she?

DoggiesAreTheBest
07-19-2002, 11:26 AM
Well, I think I am going to go. I will start looking for Jobs and take the week vacation I have left and then give them two weeks notice.

I will have to come back in December to walk for my Masters, but that is doable. I can do my Thesis from Alabama.

Wow! I have decided to accept that jobs in AL don't pay as well as here. I am OK with it. I know Andrew, Drake, and I will be glad to be all together again! This means I need to step on it and find Roxey a home!

Logan
07-19-2002, 11:39 AM
You go and be with the one you love, Souraya. But don't forget to come by Greenville first and pick up that lovely dining room suit that is waiting on you! :D

I'm so proud of Andrew, and I know you will find just the right thing for you. :)

Fuzzy317
07-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Souraya, the jobs in Alabama may not pay as well, but I think the cost of living is a bit lower.

I am free most weeks, Thursday through Saturday, and if need be a little Sunday. So, my truck, trailer, hand truck, and myself, are available to assist with your move.

Just let me know when, and I will be there. I think you already have my cell number, if not I will PM it to you.

mugsy
07-19-2002, 01:10 PM
I'm with Fuzzy, the cost of living has got to be lower in AL. And with 2 incomes the lower amount in the beginning probably won't be noticeable. Not only that, you guys should be together. Andrew is a lucky guy to have you!! Tell him congrats on being 1st in his class!! What a guy!!

Cincy'sMom
07-19-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Stenograsaurus

Well said! It is hard to give a job and move to a new place, but if you feel it is right you should go. And since your hubby it already there it will be easier and definatly worth it to have more time together!