PDA

View Full Version : Another missing pregnant mom, Jessie Davis

Pam
06-22-2007, 06:38 AM
For those who haven't see or heard about this story it is sounding all too familiar. Another woman..... who is almost ready to deliver her baby and now she is missing. The boyfriend, who also fathered her first child, is sounding more and more to me like a prime suspect although the police have stopped short of calling him that. He is married to another woman.

Her poor little two year old must have witnessed the abduction because he has been quoted as saying "mommy is in the rug." The comforter is missing off her bed and that is what they think the little boy is referring to.

I have seen her mother on the news lately and it reminds me oh so much of the Lacy Peterson case and watching Sharon Rocha plead with people to help find her daughter. It is breaking my heart. :( I hope she is found alive but it doesn't look good.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,285812,00.html

Daisy and Delilah
06-22-2007, 07:27 AM
This is such a sad story, Pam. I agree with you. I'll never forget the Lacey Peterson case. I felt so bad for her Mom and family because I could really relate to it. I pray that this girl is found alive and well soon. I feel that her little boy has witnessed more than we know. It's all heartbreaking. :(

Laura's Babies
06-22-2007, 10:17 AM
This is so sad! I have said all along that it was him without knowing any details... WHEN are they ever going to learn?

I think in these cases where they just vanish and someone has killed them and hid the body, it should be automatic death penalty for what they have put everyone through, including the wonderful people who give up their time to search for the missing person.

Cases like this make me SO mad! The price for cases like this should be extra harsh!.... It seems to be happening more and more and something needs to be done to stop it!

Alysser
06-22-2007, 10:21 AM
It amazes me that anyone is able to LIVE nowadays. I hate cases like this, they are so sad and scary...I cannot imagine how the 2 year old feels, he probably saw his mother being killed(hopefully not true)! I know it's sad to think such things, but with this case I thought it all along..that she was gone already. I really hope I'm wrong... :(

sparks19
06-22-2007, 10:33 AM
I did see this on TV the other day :( Very sad indeed. I did NOT know about the little boy saying those things.... how terrifying. Gosh I hope they can come to some sort of conclusion soon.... this poor family must just be torn apart inside.

wombat2u2004
06-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah....I read this one yesterday. The two year old could only say a couple of things.....the thing about the rug gets me tho.....sounds to me like her boyfriend is the one for the law to check out. It all sounds a little sus to me.
Wom

Vela
06-22-2007, 10:42 AM
The dogs hit on a freshly dug place of dirt during the search =/ Breaking news. How horribly sad. I feel like she won't be found alive=( Just like Laci.

luckies4me
06-22-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm pretty sure she was still alive when she was kidnapped as the police are pretty confident the little newborn girl that was found with her umbilical cord still attached belongs to the mother. I believe there are still pending DNA results. Of course, he could have killed her after she birthed the baby. I wonder what will happen to the baby...hopefully they won't give him to the father. And what is to become of the 2 year old son? Lets pray this baby and her other older child don't get put into the wrong hands.

I sure hope she is found alive, though the odds aren't looking so great. :( Such a sad sad story.

Marigold2
06-22-2007, 07:01 PM
This is about a an hour from where I live. Of course I think the boyfriend did this. He is married and I think the thought of a girlfriend having another baby is not what he wanted. Maybe his wife has had enough and finally gave him a very hard time and he felt he had to get rid of the mistress.

sparks19
06-22-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm pretty sure she was still alive when she was kidnapped as the police are pretty confident the little newborn girl that was found with her umbilical cord still attached belongs to the mother. I believe there are still pending DNA results. Of course, he could have killed her after she birthed the baby. I wonder what will happen to the baby...hopefully they won't give him to the father. And what is to become of the 2 year old son? Lets pray this baby and her other older child don't get put into the wrong hands.

I sure hope she is found alive, though the odds aren't looking so great. :( Such a sad sad story.

They have determined that this baby is not Jessie's..... a lady came forward and admitted to abandoning the baby. But I hope they still do tests.

Catty1
06-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Also, the mound of earth was NOT a burial site....it was a freshly planted marijuana grove.

k9krazee
06-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I just read this in the paper today :(

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 06:01 PM
CANTON, Ohio - The boyfriend of a missing pregnant woman was arrested on two counts of murder Saturday, and a body believed to be hers was found a week after she vanished from her home, authorities said. Jessie Davis, 26, was due to deliver a baby girl on July 3. Her mother found Davis' 2-year-old son alone in her home, where bedroom furniture was toppled and bleach spilled on the floor on June 15.

The boy gave investigators their first clues. "Mommy was crying. Mommy broke the table. Mommy's in rug," the boy said.

Thousands of volunteers had searched for Davis over several days, while investigators continued to question Bobby Cutts Jr., 30, a Canton police officer, who is the father of Davis' son. Her family says he also is the father of the unborn child.

Investigators were mum on many details of their work until they announced Cutts was taken into custody Saturday and was to be arraigned on charges of murder in the deaths of Davis and her unborn child.

The Stark County Sheriff's Department also said a woman's body was recovered in Summit County at 3:30 p.m. Authorities did not give a location but said they believed it to be Davis.

"Our hearts go out to the family of Jessie Marie Davis," Chief Deputy Rick Perez said at a news conference announcing the developments.

Catty1
06-23-2007, 06:08 PM
OMG...why the baby too? Just two weeks away from being born...OMG. :(

Pam
06-23-2007, 06:12 PM
I just heard this on the news now too. :( :( :( I just can't understand how someone can kill someone that they once loved and, even more than that, kill their own baby in the case of a pregnant woman. Sounds like another Scott Peterson case. Gosh this is just horrible. :( :(

moosmom
06-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Yup, it's her body. They've charged the boyfriend with murder.

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Yup, it's her body. They've charged the boyfriend with murder.

Did he admit to it ????
Wom

moosmom
06-23-2007, 06:48 PM
I don't know. I DO know they did two legal, warranted searches of the house and removed alot of stuff.

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 06:56 PM
Did he admit to it ????
Wom

No, but I heard something he said and he said that the police have got to start some where in making arrests and he can understand why it started with him because they dont have any other suspects, but still says he's innocent. He's charged on two accounts of murder. One for the child and one for Jessie Davis

And Did they find the baby? Was her body pregnant when found?

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Hmmmmmmm.....fair enough !!!!!
I suppose they have their evidence tho, but can they just arrest him as a suspect ??? Like without any evidence ????
Wom

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Hmmmmmmm.....fair enough !!!!!
I suppose they have their evidence tho, but can they just arrest him as a suspect ??? Like without any evidence ????
Wom

Yea, on the second search of the house they braught out multiplule bags of "evidence" although to convict him they need MUCH MORE evidence, as they have virtually nothing to sentence him.

Catty1
06-23-2007, 07:08 PM
So far, just rumours about his confession...

"Cutts Jr. is rumored to have led Police to the body."

"Speculation was rampant that Cutts had confessed and led police to the body.

Stark County Sheriff Tim Swanson confirmed the finding of the body and that Bobby Cutts Jr. was in custody. They did not discuss the location or whether or not Cutts had indeed confessed."

"Some early reports from local Ohio newspapers have claimed that Bobby Cutts, Jr. has confessed to the crimes. That was not confirmed by police in their late afternoon press conference announcing the arrest."

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 07:12 PM
So far, just rumours about his confession...

"Cutts Jr. is rumored to have led Police to the body."

"Speculation was rampant that Cutts had confessed and led police to the body.

Stark County Sheriff Tim Swanson confirmed the finding of the body and that Bobby Cutts Jr. was in custody. They did not discuss the location or whether or not Cutts had indeed confessed."

"Some early reports from local Ohio newspapers have claimed that Bobby Cutts, Jr. has confessed to the crimes. That was not confirmed by police in their late afternoon press conference announcing the arrest."

Thanks.

I'm also still wondering about if they've found the body of the baby or if she was still pregnant when found :confused:

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks.

I'm also still wondering about if they've found the body of the baby or if she was still pregnant when found :confused:

I assume she was still carrying the baby, as Cutts has been charged on TWO counts of murder.
That poor baby....so close to being born.
Wom

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 07:25 PM
I assume she was still carrying the baby, as Cutts has been charged on TWO counts of murder.
That poor baby....so close to being born.
Wom

True. But I don't know... I guess we'll have to wait and see

Marigold2
06-23-2007, 07:25 PM
I doubt they would have found the body so fast had not some info been given to them on her wereabouts. Since she was found in a heavly wooded area far from the home that she lived in. Cutts is I believe guilty. I believe his wife is black and she probably got tired of him having a white play toy hidden away. Perhaps they were in it together. So sad. When are woman going to stop sleeping with men who are married? No good ever comes of it especially when children are involved. Lets hope his punishment somehow fits the crime. As they say an ex-cop is a marked man in prison. I sure he will get his due in prison.

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I doubt they would have found the body so fast had not some info been given to them on her wereabouts. Since she was found in a heavly wooded area far from the home that she lived in. Cutts is I believe guilty. I believe his wife is black and she probably got tired of him having a white play toy hidden away. Perhaps they were in it together. So sad. When are woman going to stop sleeping with men who are married? No good ever comes of it especially when children are involved. Lets hope his punishment somehow fits the crime. As they say an ex-cop is a marked man in prison. I sure he will get his due in prison.

To tell you the truth, there's something about me that says he's not guilty although I don't know why... Intirely possible he is, and with sufficent evidence, I'll believe it.

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 07:37 PM
To tell you the truth, there's something about me that says he's not guilty although I don't know why... Intirely possible he is, and with sufficent evidence, I'll believe it.

Yup....it's early days......we'll all know whats going on in the next week.
Wom

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Yup....it's early days......we'll all know whats going on in the next week.
Wom

Or will we............lol. And even if the boyfriend "did it" I don't think he really did it, I think someone did it for him, but he was definately involved. Why wouldn't the two year old've said "Daddy was here!"??? Wouldbn't that make since? Obviously Jessie and the boyfriend have been involved lately.....

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Or will we............lol. And even if the boyfriend "did it" I don't think he really did it, I think someone did it for him, but he was definately involved. Why wouldn't the two year old've said "Daddy was here!"??? Wouldbn't that make since? Obviously Jessie and the boyfriend have been involved lately.....

True.....yes, I can see your point.
Wom

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 07:56 PM
True.....yes, I can see your point.
Wom

I know, I'm amazing ((jk even though I am)) But I mean something about him strikes me about not being the person to kill someonem although I know a lot of people are like that who kill pople...

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 08:06 PM
I know, I'm amazing ((jk even though I am)) But I mean something about him strikes me about not being the person to kill someonem although I know a lot of people are like that who kill pople...

Well.....let's just hope they find out soon who did it.
And I think the law should not go lightly on whoever did this.....such a terrible crime.
Wom

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Well.....let's just hope they find out soon who did it.
And I think the law should not go lightly on whoever did this.....such a terrible crime.
Wom

Agreed, but as mny dad pointed out, she's not the perfect person either... She's been having an affair with a married man for quite some time now.

Craftlady
06-23-2007, 08:10 PM
So sad, they found her body.
The boyfriend (cop) is being charged with her murder and unborn baby.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/23/missing.woman/index.htm

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Agreed, but as mny dad pointed out, she's not the perfect person either... She's been having an affair with a married man for quite some time now.

Ahhhhh......thats not a big deal in this day and age !!! Lots of people do that.
Wom

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Ahhhhh......thats not a big deal in this day and age !!! Lots of people do that.
Wom

Yea, but everyone was acting like she was the most innocent person on the face of the earth... Just thaught I should point that out... I wonder if there's going to be a news confrence tomorrow.... Achually I wonder WHEN the news confrence is tomorrow

wombat2u2004
06-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Yea, but everyone was acting like she was the most innocent person on the face of the earth... Just thaught I should point that out... I wonder if there's going to be a news confrence tomorrow.... Achually I wonder WHEN the news confrence is tomorrow

A news conference ??? I hope I'm invited........I've got a thumbscrew, I'll make him confess !!!!! :eek:
Wom

sweetpatata6
06-23-2007, 08:38 PM
A news conference ??? I hope I'm invited........I've got a thumbscrew, I'll make him confess !!!!! :eek:
Wom

Haha... Or you can just watch it on TV like the rest of us who arn't part of the press :p .

Marigold2
06-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Her poor poor mum, her nightmares will start now in earnest and never end. I hope the end for Jessie was quick. It's always amazing to me that when people like this are murdered, Jessie Davis, Laci Petterson, their suffering is done and over with before we even know they are missing. They are at peace now, it's the family that is left behind, parents, brothers, sisters, children that suffer a lifetime. The creatures that do these horrible deeds do not stop to think for one second how many people are hurt by this. How many grieve. Old classmates, neighbors, people you say hello to at the grocery store, teachers, so many peoples lives are touched by each one of us. I hope that all young woman stop and think about what they are doing and with whom. Sex is not love, sex does not mean a man will be kind, gentle, caring, forgiving, supportive, honest. Love is something that grows slowly over time along with trust. Perhaps through Jessie's death a young woman will say NO to a married man, no to a man she isn't quit sure about. When you are 17, 18, 19, 20 you don't know what true love is. That comes in your late 20's and early 30's. I hope Jessie's family will someday find happiness again.

Catty1
06-23-2007, 11:49 PM
And the boyfriend's family...they must be in shock...and his wife?

Prayers for all left behind.

Pam
06-24-2007, 06:11 AM
Yea, but everyone was acting like she was the most innocent person on the face of the earth... Just thaught I should point that out...

I believe it was reported that he was separated from his wife. Love is blind. *sigh* Her mother said on several interviews that she loved this man and she and her daughter went around and around about her relationship with Bobbie Cutts. Apparently he fathered yet another child with a third woman. He has been a busy man. :rolleyes: What a piece of scum. I hope he gets his just desserts in prison.

sweetpatata6
06-24-2007, 07:34 AM
I believe it was reported that he was separated from his wife. Love is blind. *sigh* Her mother said on several interviews that she loved this man and she and her daughter went around and around about her relationship with Bobbie Cutts. Apparently he fathered yet another child with a third woman. He has been a busy man. :rolleyes: What a piece of scum. I hope he gets his just desserts in prison.

Yes, he was in the process of seperating from his wife... And he also did have children with a third woman.

wombat2u2004
06-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Yes, he was in the process of seperating from his wife... And he also did have children with a third woman.

Geez.......who is this Cutts guy ??? Superman or something ??? :eek:
Wom

AbbyMom
06-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Geez.......who is this Cutts guy ??? Superman or something ??? :eek:
Wom

In case anybody missed it....this guy is a Canton police officer.

:mad:

Daisy and Delilah
06-24-2007, 10:34 AM
How can anyone be so cruel and heartless? How do you kill your own flesh and blood? I don't know what could make a person so angry that they just kill, with complete disregard. He is a sick man. I suspect he'll be seperated from the general population in prison for his protection. Too bad he can't live his life with some discomfort but our system protects these criminals. Of course, he would probably end up dead rather quickly.

I can't help but think that his son witnessed his Mom's murder and he'll be marked for life. It is a mystery why the little guy hasn't mentioned his Dad being there. There are still lots of hidden facts.

Rest in Peace Jessie and baby :(

ramanth
06-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Recent news:

Body Identified As Missing Pregnant Ohio Mom, Second Suspect Arrested (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286413,00.html)

So sad. :( :(

luckies4me
06-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Poor poor baby. Any day he would have been born. He never even got to start his life. Such a sad thing. :( :( :(

I don't understand people...

kitten645
06-25-2007, 12:50 AM
"When are woman going to stop sleeping with men who are married?"

Excuse me but when are MARRIED men going to stop sleeping with SINGLE women? In the big scheme of things, they are the ones causing the true pain. I know of many women tricked into the old "oh hey I'm "seperated" cop out. Blame needs to be correctly placed. She didn't ASK to be murdered.

Pam
06-25-2007, 03:39 AM
"When are woman going to stop sleeping with men who are married?"

Excuse me but when are MARRIED men going to stop sleeping with SINGLE women?

I heard it reported yesterday that he had told Jessie when he first met her that he was not married. Sounds more and more like Scott Peterson every day. :(

Maresche
06-25-2007, 07:08 AM
He wasn't married when they first met. Cutts' married his current wife after Blake (Jessie's son) was born. At least, that's what I've heard in all the local coverage this has been getting the past week or so.

I had no doubt from the beginning that she was dead. But I was really holding out hope for her little girl. :(

sweetpatata6
06-25-2007, 07:58 AM
I had no doubt from the beginning that she was dead. But I was really holding out hope for her little girl. :(

Same. I thaught it may have been one of those cases where another woman who desprately wanted a baby but couldn't have on or lost one for some reason murdured another woman and took the baby right out of the woumb ((sp?)) since she was so close to giving birth. Guess not :rolleyes: . God bless the family and friends of Jessie Davis and that all who were involved get what they deserve.

pitc9
06-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Being that is happened only about an hour from my house it's been on the news from day one. It was so sad .... I feel so bad for her family, mostly her little boy that saw it happen. :(

Today he and another lady are being charged with her murder. The other lady is being called "a friend" of his. She is not his wife. Who knows... maybe his wife will be added to the list also before this is all over. :(
Poor baby Chloe... she never had a chace to enter this world.

RIP Jessie and baby Chloe.
:(

cassiesmom
06-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Poor poor baby. Any day he would have been born. He never even got to start his life. Such a sad thing. :( :( :(

I don't understand people...

That's what I am thinking too. Baby was due to arrive any day and never even got to be born.

RICHARD
06-25-2007, 04:38 PM
What irritates me about these stories is the relatives of the victims going on every fricking TV show and doing interviews.

I realize their pain and their searching for answers but to schedule interviews one after another gets to be really ridiculous....

Especially when they talk to Nancy "Face" Grace and Greta Van Cistern.

They ask the stupidest questions about the case-talk about wrecking the police dept's case! and especially NG and her stupid faces and when she doesn't get the answer she wants, she interrupts the answer.

----------------

P.S. Here is one comment I heard from the news conference by that gal's mom....

"I waited all my life for that moment". She was referring to see that jerk at the arraingment.

You waited for your daughter to get killed?

------------

The media has created the "crusading parent". After a murder or crime, the parents are put in the media eye and become the spokesperson for the children.

Nothing wrong with that, but I am tired of seeing Ron Godlman's dad, Natalee Holloway's mom and everyone else. :rolleyes:

jennielynn1970
06-25-2007, 05:52 PM
I hate to say it, but when I was looking at his pic, all I thought of was THUG. He didn't even look like a nice guy, let alone a cop I'd want to have "protecting" me! Even after he was kicked off the force, they let him back on! Makes you wonder what is going on in police forces around the country when things like this come to light.

They said that the newest person arrested is a friend of his from school. She has a child also. I wonder if that is his child as well. He seems to like to spread the love...

She just looked like a really smart, and with it woman. Why get involved with such a loser?? I don't care about his color/race or anything, but geez... he's got issues from way back, has kids from multiple women, married a woman after having a kid with her, and she still sees him and get pregnant again while he's married to someone else?! Ugh!!! What was she thinking?!

It was sad, but you knew from day one, it was not going to be a happy ending. "Mommy was crying, mommy broke the table, Mommy's in the rug." Right there... you knew. So sad.

lizbud
06-25-2007, 07:08 PM
"P.S. Here is one comment I heard from the news conference by that gal's mom....

"I waited all my life for that moment". She was referring to see that jerk at the arraingment.

You waited for your daughter to get killed? "

That's not what she said Richard. What she said was " all of my life has
prepared me for this moment"

Not quite the same meaning at all.