PDA

View Full Version : Cue courtesy/customer service thread.

RICHARD
06-21-2007, 03:05 PM
I was in a fast food restaurant the other day and was behind man who was having an animated convo with the cashier.

He was talking to her about fish tacos.....I didn't catch the drift of it at first, but this guy was being an smartass and sassing the gal about the signs outside...

He was adamant about the fact the sign said "Seafood Tacos" and he was only able to buy shrimp tacos not fish tacos.

----------------------------

I get really ticked off when people start to mistreat clerks and sales personnel.

9 times out of 10 the person helping you is not the owner, signmaker or policy person.

That person is trying to help you, and isn't trying to make your day crappy by not putting the correct price in the computer.

You are not the only person that will shop there today. That clerk has seen people before you and people after you....DON'T wreck their day by being rude, obnoxious or a real AH. THere is nothing worse than getting a clerk who is humiliated right before your turn.

If you don't see what you came for, at the price you want or the quantity-it's not the end of the world. Get a grip, go home or eff off.

Do not complain in line loud enough for everyone to hear.
I'll shoot you a look-if it continues I'll make a comment.
I am 6'2", grumpy and have a real quick wit-I don't mind if you answer.

Have your check, money or CC ready...

Watching you pull out cell phones, wallets, tampons and wrinkled up receipts
to get the 48 cents out of the bottom of your purse ticks me off. The same goes with men with cargo shorts on......I don't have time for you to do a body cavity search on yourself.

Don't huff and puff audibly when I let someone with a few items go ahead of you. A guy or gal with a pack of diapers and a gallon of milk probably has to get home quickly......I just have beer, top ramen and dish soap....

I'm going home to get drunk, not change a kid, I am in no hurry!

HERE GOES MY REAL PEEVE....

DON'T pick up that gossip tabloid, pack of gum or anything at the checkout stand and not put it back where you got it...THAT FRICKING DRIVES ME CRAZY.....

Don't rethink your purchase and toss it next to the conveyor- more often than not I end up having to move it again or run the risk of buying Stay Free Maxi Pads...while I fumble with my money and bagging my own groceries,.

Whew.....anyone else?

sparks19
06-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Yes that drives me crazy.

I worked in fast food before and it never ceases to amaze me the things people complain about.

I am always polite to people working in such industries because I know how frustrating it can be. Just last night we went to KFC and this lady got the wrong thing and she came storming in and was complaining and talking to the kids that were working like they were idiots. The manager came up and asked what the problem was and the lady said she got the wrong thing. The kids were putting together her meal as she was still complaining about it and the manager said "Ok well I can see they are working on getting you a new meal right now" the lady stood there and complained the whole time to everyone in line and on her way out she says "I guess you get what you pay for"..... GRRRRR I always want to ask people like that how they would feel if they made a simple mistake and I came to their work and treated them like they were the idiot in front of everyone. Mistakes happen..... sometimes its frustrating but YOU are not the only person in that restaurant.... a simple explanation of what happened is suffice and they will fix your problem. I don't know about you but yelling at me does NOT make me want to fix your problem faster.

Edwina's Secretary
06-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Sales people who continue conversations with co-workers when I am either waiting for service or being served. Recently I wanted to ask the pharmacy technician a questions...but her conversation with a co-worker regarding her car registration took precedent.

I hate being a bother by asking the sales person to stop talking and take my money.... So rude of me! :rolleyes:

Sales people who say "No problem" or "have a good one" in place of please or thank you. They are not synonymous.

I should hope doing your job is not a problem. I would hate to think the service I am paying for is a problem!

And have a good what? It does give me a few seconds of wondering...good day...good life...good roll in the....? But it certainly doesn't tell me the merchant appreciates my business!

Yesterday I had the best customer service experience I have had in years and years! I tried to send a couple of pizzas today but will have to try again tomorrow (due to technical difficulties....) And I will be sending a letter to the company as well!

Laura's Babies
06-21-2007, 04:23 PM
I realize this is going in the other direction but here goes...

My peeve is standing there, the only person in the place other than the employees and having to wait 15 minutes for my order to be taken, then wait another 5 to 10 minutes for my order....

Just yesterday I was in a fast food place, half my order was filled and sat down while they had a long conversation.. People who can not work and talk at the same time should not be allowed to talk at work!

Once while traveling, my sister and I wanted a milk shake so we stopped at a Burger King to get one. We stood there for 20 minutes and nobody came to take our order. We were completely ignored and we left without anything. :rolleyes:

And while I am at it... What is with this LOUD music everywhere you go to eat now days? Go out for a nice quiet meal and get blasted out by loud music.. forget table conversation and a nice quiet, relaxing meal... Let's hurry up and get out of here! Outback was horriable, we had to yell across the table and so did all the other people who were there.. Sounded like a darn bar room in there. I won't go back there again.

A recent visit to IHop, my first time to ever walk inside one.. someone was vacuming the entire place with a yellow vaccum cleaner that was so high pitched that it was driving me NUTS!5 minutes, 10 minues, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, she was vacumming until I called the waitress and asked her to PLEASE shut the thing off or I was going to have to leave! It was killing me! To me that was terriably RUDE! If you got a spill, get it up but leave regular housekeeping for when the place has closed!

On the correct side of this topic, I was in a airport once and heard a lady throwing a fit at the KFC counter, she wanted chicken wings and this KFC was small with a limitted menu and didn't even have any wings. She stood there and threw a fit and made a fool out of herself. Everyone that heard her was laughing at her.

sparks19
06-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Laura's Babies..... Yes I must admit that crappy customer service REALLY aggravates me.... having worked in customer service since I was 14 I just can't see how it can be so difficult to do your job.

And no one should tolerate that kind of behaviour from someone who is getting paid to provide a service to you. In fact, my hubby often has to tell me to go find a table because I get so frustrated when that happens.

I remember one time we were at BK and they were SO slow..... and the girl at the register was the only one actually TRYING to do work. Well I guess she forgot to mark orders as "here" or "to go" (now this is not a huge deal) but the manager totallyl berated her in front of all the employees and customers. then a few minutes later the MANAGER handed a customer her order in a bag and the customer just politely mentioned that it was supposed to be for "here" (she wasn't rude or anything she just thought that perhaps it was the wrong order since her's wasn't "to go") the MANAGER then slapped the bag down on the counter and said in a very loud voice "WELL IT SAYS "TO GO"" :EEK: WHAT???? The fact that it was in a bag would not have been a big deal and i would have just taken the bag but after a response like that? I think I would have told the manager that I didn't care WHAT IT SAYS.... do your job and put it on a tray. My husband gave me our drink cups and told me to go fill them up and find a table before I completely lost my mind lol.

I just have no patience for that kind of thing and I normally won't say anything unless it's really bad and this manager was really bad.... to berate your employees in front of customers is totally unacceptable IMO and any manager should know better.

but then you get those customers that throw a fit because they asked for three pieces of ice in their cup and they got four pieces instead lol

moosmom
06-21-2007, 04:50 PM
RICHARD,

Thank you!!!

I work in retail and love my job. I work in Customer Service and have met all types of people. For the most part they're all great. Here is my take on things from the other side of the counter.

I give every customer I'm helping my undivided attention. It's very rude when someone approaches me while talking on the cellphone. I don't do it and get really pissed off when people do it to me. Rather than check them out, I stand there and stare at them, chatting away, waiting for them to hang up. If they look at me like I have two heads, I say, "I'll just wait till you're finished." Most of them hang up quickly.

Then there are the people who are in SUCH a big hurry. If there is a line at the registers, I ask if I can help the NEXT PERSON IN LINE. By that I mean, the person who is NEXT. I wind up with someone who just got in line as opposed to someone whose been in line for a while. I try to be fair and have gotten the "hairy eyeball" because I didn't take them first. Oh well. Sucks to be them.

Take the "sneaker skates" that is the latest rage with the kids. Call me a 6iatch, but I very politely tell them there is no skating in the store. It takes one kid to create havoc with those things. Personally, I don't care if the parents get mad at me. They'll be the first ones to sue the store if their precious little kid gets hurt in the process.

Lately I've noticed that a lot of people are cranky, no matter how nice you are to them. I tell them to have a great day because I truly mean it (contrary to ES opinion).

When someone writes a check and it doesn't go through, don't curse me out and ask me why their check has been rejected. I'm not the bank. I don't KNOW why your check won't go through.

Returns...if you don't have your receipt, expect to produce your driver's license. Don't cuss me out and tell me it's an invasion of your privacy. It's store policy for returns without receipts. I don't make the rules, I just try to enforce them. When I get a customer that's rude, I pass the buck to a manager. I don't get paid the big bucks they do to take that kind of crap.

Our store offers gift packaging for anyone purchasing off a bridal registry. I do my best to make the package look nice and presentable. It is not gift WRAPPING, but rather a nice gift bag with tissue, tule and a card attached. I take offense when, after I've presented the package to a customer and I get, "What??? That's it???" Then they turn to their friends and say, "That's okay, I'll just re-do it when I get home."

Then there are the customers who wait till the very last minute (our store closes at 9:30 pm) and decide they absolutely, positively HAVE TO HAVE something that can't wait till the morning. They come running in to the store and end up "browsing" while we're trying to close the store. I've been on my feet all day long, I'm tired and I want to go home. When I make the announcement that we are closing and to please bring all purchases to the check out, PLEASE do so. We have families that we want to go home to as well.

I try to treat our customers like I want to be treated. You can't please everyone, unfortunately. And whoever said "The Customer is Always Right" should have his head examined. That's one saying that is taken to extreme in some cases.

Okay, I'm done ranting. You've opened a can of worms RICHARD and I thank you!! There is more to one side.

Sorry this is so long.

sparks19
06-21-2007, 05:00 PM
LOL Moosmom.... I know exactly what you mean.

I remember when I worked at Tim Hortons (for those that don't know it's a coffee/donut shop and is like an institution in Canada.... people just HAVE to have their Timmy's)

there is nothing like dealing with people before they have their morning coffee :rolleyes:

but you would not believe how many times in the drive thru (now Timmy's drive thru in the morning is usually lined up down the street.... not becuase we are slow but becuase it's just that popular.... we try to have you from the drive thru speaker to pulling away from the window in 30 seconds.... that's if you don't have an order a mile long) Anyway.... how many times I heard through the drive thru speaker or at the window "Could you hurry that up I'm late for work"

WHAT???? first off, it's not MY fault you are late for work.... perhaps you should get your priorities straight and go to work instead of waiting in line at timmy's.

Second, if you are in that big a hurry you shouldn't have order a dozen donuts, two bagels toasted one with cream cheese one with peanut butter, and a coffee for everyone you work with. I'm sorry but it takes time to put an order like that together.... I can't just snap my fingers and have it done... and I'm sure you want it done right. if I do it faster and get it wrong I bet you will be storming in that door any second to tell me what a moron I am and to tell me AGAIN how late for work you are.

GO TO WORK.

Pam
06-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Richard this is a thread that is good for viewing both sides and I am enjoying it a lot.

I work for an ophthalmologist and of course my problems are in dealing with patients who do not know their insurance requirements. We make phone calls ahead of time telling them to make sure the referral has been called in to the primary doc and then, prior to their visit, go online to try to retrieve the referral. This all takes considerable time. When they arrive and get angry that they won't be seen because there is no referral in the system it is enough to make you want to pull out your hair.

We also have patients who call to make an appointment and then want a card sent out a few days in advance to remind them of their appointment. I tell them that we don't mail reminder cards but try to make a reminder call the day before but, depending on how that day is going, it might not be possible. We encourage them to keep track of their appointments themselves. I have even had patients ask me how to do this. Ummmm, buy a calendar. :rolleyes:

Freedom
06-21-2007, 05:31 PM
And while I am at it... What is with this LOUD music everywhere you go to eat now days? Go out for a nice quiet meal and get blasted out by loud music.. forget table conversation and a nice quiet, relaxing meal... Let's hurry up and get out of here! Outback was horriable, we had to yell across the table and so did all the other people who were there.. Sounded like a darn bar room in there. I won't go back there again.

The music drives me nuts, too! Dad likes the food at TGIFriday's so we go there once every two weeks or so. The music is . . . current pop charts stuff, definitely not from my generation. One recent visit, the music was loud, and the lyrics were . . . X rated, in my opinion. I asked the hostess if they could change the channel or turn it off. She told me it is the store franchise requirement, as they cater to the young twenty somethings. She did soften it a teensy tiny bit. Dad couldn't understand the words; but it was so loud we couldn't converse, and I had to answer all the waitress' questions to him. :rolleyes:

Anyone know the name of the Old Fuddy Duddy's restaurant chain? :rolleyes:

RICHARD
06-21-2007, 07:01 PM
We encourage them to keep track of their appointments themselves. I have even had patients ask me how to do this. Ummmm, buy a calendar. :rolleyes:+

LOL,

I just posted a rant about that in the "Lady dies in the waiting room" thread.

Here's another one.

I get a card to sched a woman for a gall bladder removal.

Here's a tidbit for you all looking for an operation.

A scheduler usually gets next month of openings in an operating room one month in advance. By the middle of the month that month is FULL. iIf you can call in mid month and ask for a date within the FIRST TEN DAYS OF THE FOLLOWING MONTH.

Operating room time is precious and costly. I had to get the MOST URGENT cases in......Gangrene of the foot cannot wait...I am sorry but I have to get that person in first.

A woman called in and asked for a spot, I explained to her that the month was full and if she called in 1.5 weeks I could get her in ASAP. She made sure that I knew about her situation and the prep she needed to get done..Like get her life partner to care for her. I apologized and put her card out front on the pile to make sure she got in.

From the demographic info I saw this woman was a teacher..she also made it a point to scratch out the Who To Contact in Case of Emergency and Name of Spouse boxes and write "Life Partner" and the name of the LP...

Here in CA city workers and teachers are the biggest PITAs....they think that they have priority. That and the fact that this woman made it a point to let me know she was gay..I doin't care who you bed down with, but this is important in the story...

----

A week later I get a forwarded voice mail from the boss.

THe person identifies themselves as the Gall Bladder Broad and she's spewing GALL...This "see you next Tuesday" is ranting that I haven't given her a call with a date. She has get time off work and her LP has to take time off to take care of her....and she's hinting that this is discrimination because I am a man scheduling her.

She's called the admin office and I have to go upstairs and talk to the Admin Sect. I explained the situation and she rolled her eyes and shook her head.

--------------

I went down to my desk got her a pre op appointment, her surgery dates and called her back,

This POS was so nice it wrankled my arse..

"Oh, thank you for calling!" "Oh wonderful!" "This is great....." You could hear the satisfaction in her voice.......she got exactly what she wanted.

When I finished I didn't bother to say goodbye, good luck or eff you. I hung up on her arse.

She got what she wanted by calling the boss, hospital administration and claiming that I was biased against lesbians.

-------------------

I have been held up by clerks who are too busy to help me, but I either walk out, find another person or take my business elsewhere.

My life is too short to be put off by people who dole out crappy service.

karyn674
06-22-2007, 04:51 AM
Things you encounter whilst working!!!!!!

I do make-up so I meet new people most of the time. Sometimes you meet people so rude you'd like to make them so ugly!!!! Like one time this lady booked me and I went to her address and she was telling me how she adores her make up artist that she couldn't take her for this occasion of hers!.......so she booked me instead :mad:

But the worse of them all was at the theater. It was opera week-end and I had Cavalleria Rusticana if I'm not mistaken, and both me and my sis who's also a makeup artist where working in the makeup room on these Italian opera singers. At one point the wig groomer came into our room from the back door went to the sink with a wigg in his hand and started spraying a LOT of hairspray without even noticing that these people have to perfom on stage!

The guy who I was about to start was shoked, jumped on his feet and in broken English he said 'you come to my room, you come to my room' and dashed out as if he'd just met the devil.

So, slowly I gathered my brushes and other stuff that I might need and headed to the 3rd floor where the camerini of the singers where. When I came infront of the door bearing his name I knocked and a voice from inside said 'Avanti' so I opened the door to find him in front of the mirror wearing only his black undies, a black boots up to his knees and a wip in his hand!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I WAS PETRIFIED!

The second thing I did after scanning him from top to bottom trying to realize if i'm dreaming or not, was to dash downstairs refusing to do his make up in his room!

Some people do amaze you that is true!

I remember I was so furious at him that day I asked my sister to do his make-up cos I just couldn't, if I had the opportunity to have his face that day was only to slap him hard!

Now I look back and laugh about it!

jackmilliesmom
06-22-2007, 05:47 AM
Sales people who say "No problem" or "have a good one" in place of please or thank you. They are not synonymous.

I should hope doing your job is not a problem. I would hate to think the service I am paying for is a problem!

And have a good what? It does give me a few seconds of wondering...good day...good life...good roll in the....? But it certainly doesn't tell me the merchant appreciates my business!

It could be worse you know they could say something else and be rude at least they were in some way polite and not bitchy.........

sparks19
06-22-2007, 08:22 AM
It could be worse you know they could say something else and be rude at least they were in some way polite and not bitchy.........

LOL yes there are lots of worse things they could say.... Or they could say nothing at all, which kind of annoys me.

I always tell everyone to have a good day and it drives me nuts when I get a blank stare in return lol.

mruffruff
06-22-2007, 12:55 PM
I really dislike the loud music in stores and restaurants. Some of it is so loud, I get a headache. One of the religion-based thrift stores is very guilty of this. I often walk out before I'm finished shopping. And I avoid eating places that have loud music. Ryan's restaurant plays the oldies (50's & 60's) at a decent volume so I don't mind going there.

Common courtesy isn't common anymore. We have all become self-absorbed. We want it all and RIGHT NOW! Hang up the cell phone and place your order, pay the clerk, or discuss a problem. Getting nasty solves nothing!

If you are working with the public, concentrate on your job and be as polite as you can; no cell phones, conversations, reading, or ignoring customers. If that's too hard, you shouldn't be there.

I like to try to put myself in the other person's shoes. Even if I get stepped on occasionally.

mina'smomma
06-22-2007, 01:33 PM

Ok I do have to admit I do say No problem to my clients when they leave, but if I don't they tend to think that they've somehow burden my day. I'm a Veterans Service Officer and I handle around 200 claims for benefits. So when a client is profusely saying "Thank you" for doing my job and just ranting on I say "You're Welcome and Have A Nice Day." the first time and then kick in the "No Problem it's what I love" after that. I feel that it reassures them that they ARE NOT a burden to me and I enjoy assisting them.

sparks19
06-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Ok I do have to admit I do say No problem to my clients when they leave, but if I don't they tend to think that they've somehow burden my day. I'm a Veterans Service Officer and I handle around 200 claims for benefits. So when a client is profusely saying "Thank you" for doing my job and just ranting on I say "You're Welcome and Have A Nice Day." the first time and then kick in the "No Problem it's what I love" after that. I feel that it reassures them that they ARE NOT a burden to me and I enjoy assisting them.

That is true.... at a certain point "You're welcome" and "have a good day" gets very repetitive. Both for customer and employee. You figure in a CS job you say "you're welcome" hundreds of times a day lol..... it's only natural to switch it up a little now and then.

Plus, being on a first name basis with many of our customers.... I find it rather impersonal to give them the usual lines of "thank you" and "Have a good day". I have a very casual relationship with many of them and it seems so out of place to suddenly get very proper with them.... I would much rather wish them good luck with the project they are planning.... but I always tell everyone to have a good one or have a good day. They like it because it gives them a more personalized feeling atmosphere and not like I am just spewing out generic terms.... I am actually taking an interest in what they are doing.

Kfamr
06-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Richard, crap like this is EXACTLY why I quit my job and WHY I was so miserable there.

The customers were so incredibly rude. HELLO - we have feelings too! Just because we don't wear a tie and a suit to work everyday does not make us less of a person than you!! :mad:

I have been cursed at more than one occasion from a customer - when I pride myself on customer service and trying to make the customer happy. Do I deserve to be cursed at when trying to do my job? NO.

My mom told me a story a lady had to wait about 2-3 minutes in the drive-thru, this is after I quit. The customer in front of her had a large order. She came up to the window and said "I feel like f***ing bombing this place" and went on about how horrible the service is, how rude the employees are, bleh bleh bleh. People like her make me incredibly ill and she was actually one of the reasons I spent my first 2 weeks at the new location in tears.

Blue_Frog
06-22-2007, 02:39 PM
My mom told me a story a lady had to wait about 2-3 minutes in the drive-thru, this is after I quit. The customer in front of her had a large order. She came up to the window and said "I feel like f***ing bombing this place" and went on about how horrible the service is, how rude the employees are, bleh bleh bleh. People like her make me incredibly ill and she was actually one of the reasons I spent my first 2 weeks at the new location in tears.
Ugh. Thats just awful for your poor mom! :mad:
step.1. Write down license plate
step.2. Call police with bomb threat "Gee officer, a customer threatened us and our staff at the drive through, heres her car plate number" :p

At least phones gives you the anonimity of not having a customer directly in your face. When I still did phone support at previous companies, i dont know how often I used to get threatened over the phone ... "blah blah, i broke my stuff, its somehow your fault, and now im really angry and if you don't fix it, i'm coming to get you, i know where the office is ...". Never threaten someone who has your customer profile up on their screen if you ever want decent customer service or support again -- they do keep records of 'irates' in situations like this, and have (and i'm sure they continue to do) refused customers service for life.

Edwina's Secretary
06-22-2007, 08:45 PM
INSTEAD of saying "thank you" and "you're welcome"....

First time I have ever heard good manners...i.e. "please" and "thank you" referred to as boring and impersonal...gosh... :D :D

lizbud
06-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Richard, crap like this is EXACTLY why I quit my job and WHY I was so miserable there.

The customers were so incredibly rude. HELLO - we have feelings too! Just because we don't wear a tie and a suit to work everyday does not make us less of a person than you!! :mad:

I didn't know you quit your job. It must have been really bad for you cause
I know how much pride you take in what you do. :(

I learned long ago that I just cannot work in most "service type" jobs.Any
thing involveing face to face with a customer, forget it.Computer Prog.
was perfect, I worked at my own pace & produced a product (program)
that was used by a customer (Agency). No listening to complaints all day.

AdoreMyDogs
06-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Any kind of abuse is totally unnecessary. I must say, though, to abuse anyone in the food service business is dangerous. I'd NEVER, EVER gripe at anyone in the food service business....bad things can happen to your food. It's one thing to complain if there's a problem, but it leaves you at risk of eating something really gross if you go too far. If I ever have a problem at a food joint, whether it be fast food or sit-down, I ALWAYS leave and go somewhere else. If it was a problem that needs attention, I contact corporate. Anyone who gripes at and/or abuses food service employees, you are putting yourself at risk. I would NEVER imagine getting revenge and doing something terrible to someones' food, but not everyone is as honest as me.

Abuse is bad, of course, but abusing someone in the food service business is just plain risky.

sparks19
06-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Any kind of abuse is totally unnecessary. I must say, though, to abuse anyone in the food service business is dangerous. I'd NEVER, EVER gripe at anyone in the food service business....bad things can happen to your food. It's one thing to complain if there's a problem, but it leaves you at risk of eating something really gross if you go too far. If I ever have a problem at a food joint, whether it be fast food or sit-down, I ALWAYS leave and go somewhere else. If it was a problem that needs attention, I contact corporate. Anyone who gripes at and/or abuses food service employees, you are putting yourself at risk. I would NEVER imagine getting revenge and doing something terrible to someones' food, but not everyone is as honest as me.

Abuse is bad, of course, but abusing someone in the food service business is just plain risky.

LOL Gross.... good point :D

sparks19
06-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Another pet Peeve.....

When you are VISIBLY assisting a customer and another customer just butts in with their question like you aren't even talking to the first customer.

This just happened to me lol.

I was checking a lady out at the counter and she was asking me if we had a piece of silver that was on one of our bracelets.... WHILE this lady was asking her question this other lady walked in and started talking right over top of her and asked me how much a certain piece was (even though the price was RIGHT in front of her face) I just said "I can help you with that just give me one moment to finish with this customer" and she SIGHED at me :eek: I was serving this other lady first.... and she was asking a question when this woman butted in and spoke right over top of her.

moosmom
06-25-2007, 04:10 PM
I was checking a lady out at the counter and she was asking me if we had a piece of silver that was on one of our bracelets.... WHILE this lady was asking her question this other lady walked in and started talking right over top of her and asked me how much a certain piece was (even though the price was RIGHT in front of her face) I just said "I can help you with that just give me one moment to finish with this customer" and she SIGHED at me I was serving this other lady first.... and she was asking a question when this woman butted in and spoke right over top of her.

THAT is downright obnoxious. Some people just don't get it. Or plain just don't give a $^it!!!.

dukedogsmom
06-25-2007, 04:38 PM
This is just a general thing but the attitude that just because they are in customer service, that gives the customer free reign on how to treat them. I swear, I'd get fired the first time someone pulled crap with me. Business owners shouldn't allow their employees to be treated like that. Here's a good website: www.customerssuck.com

Catlady711
06-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Here's a good website: www.customerssuck.com

I've always loved that website! Just when I think I'VE had a bad day with the clients, I read about how bad it could be! Kinda makes me feel like it's not so bad then.

I could fill pages and pages of customer service stories (from both sides of the fence) but I'll try to limit myself...

Teachers: We also have a problem with these. One retired teacher likes to call up late in the day and say things like "I'll take an appt. at 3:15 on Thurs". What? you don't call us and tell us what time you'll take an appt. You can tell us when you'd prefer to get in and we'll do the best to accomodate you. Even if I DID have 3:15 on Thurs. open I won't give it to the guy just because of his attitude!

Late people: We have clients that like to stop in at 2 minutes to close to 'just pick up some food". Usually it ends up also entailing "just a quick question" while they are there. We end up being 20 minutes late getting to go home. Also people that call right at close time doing the same thing.

Just a QUICK question: It's NEVER a quick question. Usually it entails someone trying to get some free magical fix without having to make an appointment. Those "quick" questions frequently take up to 15 minutes to answer properly and still usually result in having to make an appt.

Barking dogs: Clients that have uncontrollable barking dogs in the lobby or check out area! It's impossible to hear the phone or carry on business with that much noise going on, not to mention it terrifies the other animals in the hospital! I recently had to leave an exam room (that had a closed door!) to request a waiting client take her dog outside until we had a room available because her dog was scaring the beejeebers out of a young puppy we were trying to work on, not to mention the receptionist had to yell in the phone to be heard and had to ask her caller to keep repeating themselves. The lady with the barking dog got all huffy because I asked her to wait outside!

Cell phones: Recently a man came in to pick up his dog from surgery, while I was getting his paperwork around his cell phone rang, so of course he had to answer it. I impatiently waited while he conversed and he just kinda looked at me like 'well so finish what you were doing'. I told him I'd finish when his phone conversation was over so I could go over the aftercare instructions with him. He said "oh that's ok, just go ahead anyways" and REFUSED to hang up his cell phone. I doubt he heard anything I was saying about the aftercare, I just hope he took the time to actually read over the written instructions later.

Cashiers: After having worked as a cashier for several years, I tend to look at the types of people in long lines, and the cashiers, before I chose one. If I see older men with a few items I'll chose that line, they tend to pay in cash and have a handy wallet. If I see a lady with a huge purse and many items I'll skip that line because they tend to wait until everything is rung up, THEN they go digging through their 'luggage' looking for the checkbook. If I see a person with one or two small kids running around I'll pick a different line, mostly the customer tends to be hollaring at the kids to behave instead of putting their items on the belt, or paying and leaving. If I see a cashier yaking alot with the customers I'll pick a different line, the cashiers like that tend to take forever to ring up items. If I see a cashier who looks frustrated or hectic I'll chose a different line, it could mean they are new and unsure of prices etc. and will take longer.

Guess I'd better stop here otherwise I could go on all night! ROFL

sparks19
06-28-2007, 01:42 PM
ALRIGHT.....

I know sometimes you just have to bring your kids along shopping.... and that is not a problem.... IF YOU ARE GOING TO LOOK AFTER THEM!!!!!

We have this girl that comes in all the time with her two children.... and she just sets them down on the floor and goes about her business while her kids destroy the store. Today she came in and totally ignored the kids while they dinged the service bell OVER AND OVER AND OVER.... I eventually took the bell away since she wasn't going to do anything about it. Then the kids took her lotion out of her purse and squirted it all over the floor.... easily cleaned up but COME ON. Then they went over to our seed bead display and pulled a bunch of tubes down which caused the lids to pop off and seed beads were everywhere.

This always happens whenever she comes in because she just DOES NOT watch her kids.... and they are young kids that obviously need close supervision.

But my boss is such a pushover that she doesn't ever say anything, which can be frustrating since she doesn't make her pay for the beads that get broken or lost.... if this was a one time thing I could see letting it go.... but this happens EVERYTIME. I hate when this lady comes in because I can just forsee the disaster that is about to take place.