PDA

View Full Version : Updated: I Feel So Bad - Mending Awesome!

sandragonfly
06-21-2007, 11:04 AM
A New Surprise!

thread down there in pet general, people have guessed it. ;)

I'm getting a new cat! :D (I hope I am right.. lol) ..

:eek: curiosity have been killing me all week .. and still don't know what colors, length or breed.. only can think of one out of two breeds because it was something I always yadded about dreaming having one - but, tomorrow I will meet her/him! :D

all I know is "this cat ranked second best marking in the world" .. :eek: :confused: and is a bit under a year old. will be the youngest. :o

before you call me crazy .. it was she who gave me! :p I told her, are you crazy, we're on the roadtrip! .. well, where my cats are staying for a month, this cat will have her/his own room and hopefully by the time I leave, they all get along. :D

----
edit ~ update below.

Husky_mom
06-21-2007, 12:11 PM
it HAS to be a Maine Coon!!!

it has been ranked number 2 since 1992 or so......

catmandu
06-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Con Cat Ulations And Are We Dying From Curiousity , Like Our Cats To See Those Photos. A New Cats Always Exciting.

sandragonfly
06-22-2007, 05:38 PM
HE'S HERE!!!!
:D http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/pinkgrin.gif :D

my goodness, he's so big and beautiful!!!! and his personality is a miracle. :eek: he is about nine months old.. he's just a loving and cuddly boy. :D I have never seen this cat, especially in his colours before and am in love!!

now I'll have to think of his name.. I'll definitely need to take some pictures of him and will post if I see anyone more interested.

husky, not the breed that was ranked - this cat won second best marking! but nope, not a maine coon. :D

so, please welcome, welcome to pet talk, untitled! :D (lol, that's name for now..)

Husky_mom
06-22-2007, 05:41 PM
*raises hand* I wanna see I wanna see!!!!............ come on come on hurry with the pics!! :D

Taz_Zoee
06-22-2007, 07:57 PM
You'd better post pictures!!! What are you thinking? ;) :p Of course we want to see him. :D :D

Laura's Babies
06-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Do you want us to beg?? OK! PLEASE! PLEASE! PRETTY PLEASE with cat hair all over it?

kittycats_delight
06-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Gina is gone camping, she left yesterday so we won't see him until Gina gets back. I am sure as soon as she gets a pic of this little doll we will see him. :)

sandragonfly
06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
yes, all over your nose! hah no laura.. you don't have to, just post. when I had to bump on the same day I made this thread, I wasn't sure. :)

with all the commotion going on, we're behind on updates and pictures and he did not do well over the weekend. :(

I'll try and update in a bit, we're flithy and hungry! from camping. ;)

rg_girlca
06-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Oh Gina, "CONGRATULATIONS" on your new addition. I can't wait to meet him. I hope you are enjoying your roadtrip.

Take care and be safe. :)

sandragonfly
06-27-2007, 06:34 PM
I am and thank you. :) thanks for bumping this up too, when I got the notification - I realized I've forgotten I wanted to update.

ok here it goes ..

a few of you know I picked him, my new cat up last friday morning, on the same day I left for camping.

I felt guilty leaving him alone here, well, not exactly alone - without me but my friend promised me she'd follow my instructions of introduction and that it'll only be three days..

so, when I came back, he was different from last time I saw him. :eek: :( physically, he was shredded really good by one of my friend's cats. all over his muzzle, shoulders and chest. really bad. :( not eyes, thankfully!

and emotionally, that poor little thing was shaking, meowing constantly like he's in pain in bathroom corner wanting me to pet him but is scared to death coming out. when I am near him and pet him, he falls down on his butt like I switched his neurosystem off and being all immobiled, relaxed.. that worries me ..

I kept on getting watery eyes everytime I seee him now. deeply my heart, I knew I shouldn't have left.. stupid me. I hope all of what happened wouldn't spoil him and his hope of new home. :(

last night I gave him a sooth warm bath because he had some dried blood over him, and was smelly when I got him - wow, in despite what happened, he did marvelously great.

he's all dry and clean now, snuggling up curled in his purple bed. he is doing well at his expectation today and still a sweetheart! he would let me rub his belly, acts like he never gets enough of it.

I was dumbfounded and felt so stupid for thinking I'd be a good meowmie. there's not much I could tell or reassure this cat that it will never happen again. :mad: I wish I'd take this all away with magic wand and just want to hold him all night. :( it wasn't kid's fault either, the boy accidentally opened the door when friend was in the kitchen and he got out.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/sigh.gif

catmandu
06-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Thats Too Bad That He Had Such A Rough Start As Your Cat, But We Know That Things Will Be A Lot Better From Now On.
]

Catty1
06-27-2007, 06:51 PM
He sounds like he is on the mend, and with the bath can bond even closer to you.

Accidents happen...give that sweetie a tummy rub for me! We'll wait til he fluffs up again before a picture.

phesina
06-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Oh Gina... the poor little guy. And what a shock for you.

It sounds like he is on the mend, especially after that wonderful bath. I'm sure all the nursing and attention and TLC you are giving him are reassuring him that he's safe now.

We are all sending our prayers and healing energies and encouragement and good wishes to him (and you and the rest of the Ark too).

Love, tummy-rubs, and purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and of course Priscilla Angel

Kalei
06-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Oh I'm so sorry about what happened to your new kitty, he seems like a sweetheart:)

I can't wait to see pics sometime, and don't worry you are good meowmie, and I'm sure he'll be back to normal in no time with your tender loving care:)

Taz_Zoee
06-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Oh Gina, I'm sorry about what happened to your newest kitty. :( But that's all over now and you will show this guy how happy and loved he will be for the rest of his life. :)

sandragonfly
06-28-2007, 08:00 PM
sorry for a bit delay, my eyes were dilated all day. :o

thankyou dear everyone! I'm happy to tell you a big good news. :D

he's doing just amazingly great! he already came out and ran, yes, zooms! around a bit, rolled on the indoor welcoming mat like nobody is watching him. and is stratching the couch and bed :rolleyes: happily. :D (don't worry about it, we're training him as much as we can!) and he's eating a lot better also! he still likes his sink in bathroom where he can hide at some time. been two days I came back, gosh, I feel much relieved now.

he's very very affectionate cat. :eek: very demanding for love, he tries to "romance" you and does the flipflops right next you for some constant bellyrubs. :D all of my cats are quiet and very respectful, that helped a lot too. :)

I have one picture of him my friend saved in case I guessed right which I never did. :p

WELCOME TO PET TALK LITTLE GUY!!
http://i10.tinypic.com/66e4wo5.jpg

Kalei
06-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Oh my Gosh!!!!!!!!!! :eek: *dies of the beauty of this cat* *get's back up, cough cough* Wow, I've never seen such a beautiful cat, and he looks so elegant standing on the statue like that....he looks like he was born from a wild cat:D

I'm so glad he is doing much better, and I knew he would:D

*looks again...faints*

rg_girlca
06-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Quoted by sandragonfly
I was dumbfounded and felt so stupid for thinking I'd be a good meowmie. there's not much I could tell or reassure this cat that it will never happen again.

Gina, stop this foolish talk, right now, young lady. :mad: Like you said, It wasn't the kids fault as it was an accident and it certainly wasn't your fault either. You ARE and will always be a good meowmie. You have proven that in the past with the love and care that you have given your animals and there are things you can do to reassure this cat that it will never happen again.

YOU can start the introductions at a more slower pace now and by giving him all the love and care that you do so well with your others, as this will help reassure him.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that this precious boy has a full and speedy recovery from his wounds and BIG {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} for you Gina.

Please keep us posted on how things are going with the both of you.

OMG!!!!! I just saw your post and picture of this amazing cat. I'm happy to hear that he is doing better and Gina, he is absolutely breathtaking. What a beautiful, beautiful cat. I can't wait to see more pictures of him in his forever loving and caring home.

Exactly what breed is he? He is absolutely stunning.

Catty1
06-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Gina, is he an Ocicat? He is STUNNING! I am glad he is such a loving boy!

Good news on his healing, which he did with the help of his Wonderful Ark Meowmie! :)

Thanks for the pic!

Taz_Zoee
06-28-2007, 09:09 PM
WOW!! That is an awesome looking cat!!! I'm sorry, did I miss a name of this stunning creature? Or did I already ask that? Oh my, I'm losing my mind. I'm sorry, I'll look back through the posts to see if it was already mentioned.

krazyaboutkatz
06-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Wow! He sure is gorgeous.:) I hope that he'll settle in with the other cats easily.:) We really do need to see many more pictures of him.;)

sandragonfly
06-29-2007, 12:21 AM
no I didn't named him yet ... wanna help? :D I have had thought a few - so hard to pick a name for this beautiful boy. :)

he's just a snow/silver bengal - I told you he's big!! :D well, in that picture, his tail puffed up a little as in a exciting fear. so it made him look a bit bigger. ;) can you believe he's only 9 months old ...? :eek: but really, he is smaller than that picture, still the biggest cat of the ark. oh, I forgot to say this too, that his eyes are greener than in that picture.

((((thanks)))) lori! sorry for my rambles, I was so upset at that time but I feel much better now, the little guy tells me! :)

thank you everyone!

Catty1
06-29-2007, 12:54 AM
Mercury or Quicksilver.

Silver Moon!

What a handsome boy....my, my, my.... :eek:

Husky_mom
06-29-2007, 10:28 AM
*DYING HERE TOO*.....What a STUNNER!!!!........

way way adorable......I donŽt know what else to say other than CONGRATS!!

and donŽt worry youŽll do fine, you are an awesome mommy......:)

when I saw the silver theme I thought Silver Hawk......IŽve always loved that name......;)

Donnaj4962
06-29-2007, 10:49 AM
WOW! :eek: :eek: :eek: He is stunning! Congratulations on the newest member of the Ark! You are a great Meowmie... and don't let anyone tell you any different. I hope he will behave on the roadtrip back to NY! I am sure that by then, everyone will be the best of friends and the rest of the Ark will let him know that they LOVE the car and that it is such a great adventure!

Enjoy the rest of your trip... and getting to know your new baby!

Catty1
06-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Snowbaby Snowguy Flakemeister :p

Hey - PHANTOM! Wasn't the comic strip character kind of silvery? That's not why I thought of it...

Silvio...

sandragonfly
06-29-2007, 03:37 PM
hehe...those names! well, although all of my furkids have their nature names (zephrya [breeze], ocean, miles, clayton, eclypse, star, midnight, whispers, echo, etc.), I can't really see him having space or planet names. :p but I do like quicksilver .. and silverhawk! my first thought was juggles. juggles! .. haha.

my friend have been calling him locket. I thought it was cute, matching his dark pink heart-nose and silver lining. :) it's what I like so far. we also have thought a few, greystoke? dante? bonjour? professor? picasso? achilles? socket? founder? featherstone? .. too long? ah, we'll keep thinking!

my appreciation:
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t88/americadroplets/newuntitle.jpg
at sister's house. :D looks much smaller huh?

catmandu
06-29-2007, 04:52 PM
He Has To Be One Of The Most Stunning Cats That I Have Ever Seen.
Hes Truly Magnificent And I Ahve Never Seen Coloring Like That On Any Cat.
Hes Just Superb!!!
I Cant Wait Until He Settles In So We Can See More Of Him. If He Goes Tothe Patriotic Parties The Lady Cats Will Be
Swoooooooning!!!!

momcat
06-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Concatulations on your beautiful and exquisite new kitty! He is absolutely breathtaking!!!

Welcome to Pet Talk, sweet kitty! What a lucky little guy you are to be in such a wonderful home where you'll be loved, cared for, and have everything a sweet kitty like you deserves. PT kitties get only the very best of everything. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of you! Sending you welcome scritchies and tummy rubs!

Catty1
06-29-2007, 06:04 PM
I was trying to think what in nature was silver....I thought of a type of art called 'watermark' - also, it is a tune by Enya.

Orinoco Flow. Orin?

I dunno - he just defies naming! :)

phesina
06-29-2007, 06:45 PM
What a GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS guy!

And of course he is doing much better.. He knows he's in the greatest, most wonderful home he could ever be in!

buttercup132
06-29-2007, 08:04 PM
:eek: He's gorgeous!