PDA

View Full Version : A rant about risk.

smokey the elder
06-21-2007, 10:53 AM
I am fed up with getting all these emails saying that such-and-such is hazardous when I know that the dose of stuff you're getting is miniscule and you're more likely to win the lottery than get sick from, say, drinking water out of PET bottles. Meanwhile, the same people do one or more of the following: smoke, overeat, drink and drive, drive distracted, use recreational pharmaceuticals to excess, drive a cycle without a helmet, drive without a seatbelt, have no working smoke detectors in their house.

Nuff said! :p

Lady's Human
06-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Smokey, you have no idea how irritated I get by the same emails and statements.

Can we PLEASE go back to using common sense about things?

Lady's Human
06-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Just remember......

DiHydrogen Oxide is known as a universal solvent. Be careful how much you come into contact with it. In sufficient quantities over a period of time it can DISSOLVE YOUR SKIN! :eek:

Killearn Kitties
06-21-2007, 11:46 AM
DiHydrogen Oxide is known as a universal solvent. Be careful how much you come into contact with it. In sufficient quantities over a period of time it can DISSOLVE YOUR SKIN! :eek:
Oh no! Oh no! I must tell everyone I know today!! I swear I will never use it again!!

Why do I never get these emails? :D I'm not complaining. I don't want them. I just wonder why I don't get them?

RICHARD
06-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Do you mean Poly bottles or the pet dish?

Sometimes I drink too much and really don't want to go all the way to the kitchen!

----------

Seriously.

IF I can't spell it, I won't use it. :eek:

smokey the elder
06-21-2007, 02:48 PM
People have actually died from water poisoning; it dilutes the electrolytes in their body.