PDA

View Full Version : native american shepard?

ratdogg
06-20-2007, 10:13 PM
ok! so I don't think I've mentioned this, but I work at a doggy daycare. There are two dogs I really feel a strong connection with (brother and sister) that are "Native American Sheperds". I've just barely started to research this breed, but I'm having a hard time finding out info about it. Does anyone have any cool links or information for me? I'd be VERY appreciative. thank you!

crow_noir
06-20-2007, 11:25 PM
With out looking it up I'd think you are thinking of the Native American Indian Dog.

Some people say they are real, others say it is a complete farce (as far as them having some of the original plains dogs in them.)

Either way they are a breed now. Some have reputable breeders, others don't.

I forget what it is but some breeders branched off and there is a line with another name now.

Pretty neat dogs, but it takes a special person to handle one. Personality wise I'd say you'd have the intelligence of a shepherd(GSD), the stubborn and assertiveness of an Akita, and the shyness of a wolf. (Though if i remember correctly none of those are in most of the lines.)

Still, at least you now may have a starting point to look up info. NAID.

ok! so I don't think I've mentioned this, but I work at a doggy daycare. There are two dogs I really feel a strong connection with (brother and sister) that are "Native American Sheperds". I've just barely started to research this breed, but I'm having a hard time finding out info about it. Does anyone have any cool links or information for me? I'd be VERY appreciative. thank you!

ratdogg
06-21-2007, 08:46 AM
ah ha! thank you! yes native american indian dog. thank you :)