PDA

View Full Version : Time settings...

crow_noir
06-19-2007, 10:58 PM
OK, i finally got another message board to display the correct time for me. I'm ready to take on the challenge of this one. ...No matter how many times i have to poke it with my invisible spear.

I've used automatic DST, I've used DST off, I've used DST ON. I'm -500. It is still displaying incorrectly for me. It is almost Midnight here, but it is showing that it is almost 11PM.

(When i tried a different time zone -400 on the other message board it just end up setting me an hour ahead. ...I'm not going to get into what eventually worked since it's a different set up entirely over there. Still it was funny... almost no matter that i did it was putting me an hour ahead or an hour behind. I don't want the same crazy run around here.)

Karen
06-19-2007, 11:04 PM
You should set it to GMT -5 - Eastern, and "automatically detect DST" - as you are in the same time zone as I am, and that always works for me!

crow_noir
06-19-2007, 11:34 PM
That's what i had it set at and it was showing the wrong time. (I was messing around with settings tonight and forgot to switch it back. I just did and hit refresh and it's still showing that it's about 11:30pm.)

You should set it to GMT -5 - Eastern, and "automatically detect DST" - as you are in the same time zone as I am, and that always works for me!

Karen
06-19-2007, 11:43 PM
And yet the time on your computer is okay? Try logging out, restarting your browser, log back in, change it to something else and then back ... and see if that works.

crow_noir
06-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Oyh! It may take me a while to get back to you on this. I have a few projects I'm working on... and am close-a-phobic. *snicker* Why oh why did i ever have to discover the standby mode? I do a full shut down about every two weeks these days. I'm a bad computer owner.

Yup the time on my computer is fine (well, I have it set 10 minutes fast but that shouldn't count.) Almost every other site I'm on is fine. This is one of the last mysteries for me.

And yet the time on your computer is okay? Try logging out, restarting your browser, log back in, change it to something else and then back ... and see if that works.

Jessika
06-20-2007, 12:42 AM
Just a side-note that I've seen on SOME message boards... the board clock runs on the server that the site is hosted on. If the server is in, for example, central time zone, you will need to adjust your board time zone settings as if it were based off of CST. However some board scripts have a feature where the admin can offset the time by x amount of hours to correct this. I'm sure Karen has already done this as she is saying she has her time zone set properly and it's displaying correctly. And myself, I have mine on CST and it displays the correct time zone too, so that probably isn't the problem, but just in case I wanted to throw that thought out there because someone else may be having this problem on another board and it might help them out :)