PDA

View Full Version : Ignore feature

sirrahbed
06-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Where do I find the ignore feature? the one that makes it so some posts do not even show up? I knew how to do it on the old forum but can't seem to find it?? :confused:

Ginger's Mom
06-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Go to User Control Panel. On the left hand side there is a list of features. Under miscellaneous is the Buddy/Ignore list feature. Click on it and you can type in the name of the user you want to ignore.

Lady's Human
06-19-2007, 03:57 PM
If you open someone's profile right under the username is a bar which givees you the option to add the user to your ignore list.

sirrahbed
06-19-2007, 04:01 PM
got it! Thanks :)

jazzcat
06-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Uh oh, you better not be ignoring me Debbie! LOL!!!

If I have your attention, may I request some sirrah kitty pictures - please!!! I especially would like a Dylan fix!

kittycats_delight
06-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Uh oh, you better not be ignoring me Debbie! LOL!!!

If I have your attention, may I request som sirrah kitty pictures - please!!! I especially would like a Dylan fix!

LOL I doubt it is you but I can bet it is the same person that is going on a lot of ignore lists.

lizbud
06-19-2007, 04:47 PM
You know, I've only used the ignore feature one time in all the time I've been here ,and then removed it after one day. :rolleyes: I guess I'm just
too nosy to stick to it. :D

Killearn Kitties
06-19-2007, 04:53 PM
I've never actually put anybody on ignore personally. I remember JenLuckenbach saying that she did use it one time, but couldn't bear not knowing what was being said, so had to take it off. :D

Edwina's Secretary
06-19-2007, 05:15 PM
It is in Private Message. On the left you will see putting on buddy list/ignore.

I use it.

Catsnclay
06-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Ah yes, summertime, the trolls are out in full force this year, aren't they?! :rolleyes: :D

Lady's Human
06-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Summertime.....

And the trolling is sleazy

Miss hoppy's thumpin, and the tempers are high.

Logan
06-19-2007, 09:04 PM
I used it once on....

I don't understand why you would point out the name of someone you "ignored"! :confused: That's pretty rude. I'm tired of rude at Pet Talk. :(

Kfamr
06-19-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't understand why you would point out the name of someone you "ignored"! :confused: That's pretty rude. I'm tired of rude at Pet Talk. :(

I agree Logan and this isn't the first time this child has done this.

AdoreMyDogs
06-19-2007, 09:51 PM
I didn't even know there was an ignore feature. I haven't needed it yet, but I'm not around that much, although in the past I had a hard time with some people. I guess that's why I left PT for a couple or so years.

It's good to know there is an ignore feature in case I have that problem again, because I sure do like PT and the majority of the people here :)

*LabLoverKEB*
06-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Yes, I have to agree with Kay & Logan- that's pretty rude of you to name the person that was on your ignore list. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Husky_mom
06-20-2007, 12:45 PM
I havenīt used the ignore on anyone...... and not sure if anyone has me on it..... although, if anyone has me they canīt read me LOL........

Alysser
06-20-2007, 01:38 PM
I used the ignore option once for like one second, but then I felt guilty so I took the person off. :p I actually might have used it twice...I don't remember. I really would prefer not to use it but sometimes I feel like I am forced to.

I agree with Logan and Kay. Before he deleted the post, I saw it but I didn't say anything because I'd be banned if I did. :rolleyes:

shais_mom
06-20-2007, 01:51 PM
I use it - and if they say something and I have to know I just click on the view post feature. Some people are on mine under BOTH user names. Sometimes the stories get soooo big and bigger that it is HARD to ignore them! One thing I do like tho - @ least it USED to be that way - is if they are on your ignore list - PM's don't come thru. I had someone on once for a few month and when I took them off a PM they had sent me months before came thru. oops~ :p

sparks19
06-20-2007, 02:10 PM
I use it - and if they say something and I have to know I just click on the view post feature. Some people are on mine under BOTH user names. Sometimes the stories get soooo big and bigger that it is HARD to ignore them! One thing I do like tho - @ least it USED to be that way - is if they are on your ignore list - PM's don't come thru. I had someone on once for a few month and when I took them off a PM they had sent me months before came thru. oops~ :p

I don't know if this is what you mean by the above statement....

But I know sometimes a thread can be hard to follow if you have people on ignore lol. Someone will answer a question I can't see and then I am totally lost. It's like seeing one side of a conversation. So I don't use the ignore feature :p

shais_mom
06-20-2007, 02:14 PM
I don't know if this is what you mean by the above statement....

But I know sometimes a thread can be hard to follow if you have people on ignore lol. Someone will answer a question I can't see and then I am totally lost. It's like seeing one side of a conversation. So I don't use the ignore feature :p
no but I do see what YOU mean. :)
If that happens - I DO use the view single post feature.

I just mean that sometimes the story that is given is so UNbelieveable that rather than say anything - I just put it on ignore. Sometimes if I get really frusterated to a thread I'm following - I try to UNsubscribe from it so I don't get notices. It's a small step - and doesn't always work but I'm trying!

sparks19
06-20-2007, 02:42 PM
no but I do see what YOU mean. :)
If that happens - I DO use the view single post feature.

I just mean that sometimes the story that is given is so UNbelieveable that rather than say anything - I just put it on ignore. Sometimes if I get really frusterated to a thread I'm following - I try to UNsubscribe from it so I don't get notices. It's a small step - and doesn't always work but I'm trying!

AH I didn't know about the view single post function.

shais_mom
06-20-2007, 02:52 PM
yea -
when someone is on your ignore list - where they show up - over to the right side of the screen it says in smallish print -
view single post - - I knew the old forum had it but with the new style I admit it DID take me awhile to find it. Someone had to tell me where it was!

catmandu
06-20-2007, 06:53 PM
We Love Everyone And Ignore Noone. If I Really Had Trouble With A Pet Talker I Would Try And Work Things Out.but That Never Happened As There Are Great People Here.

CathyBogart
06-20-2007, 08:52 PM
I used it once after repeated arguments with the same person which got so out of control I was going to start ranting at them and probably wind up banned. Removed it a few weeks later, and they don't seem to post often anymore. :D

jennielynn1970
06-20-2007, 09:34 PM
I haven't ever used ignore, and I didn't know that there were people who had more than one screen name. Interesting. Is that for cat forum and dog forum, or just to be tricky??

ratdogg
06-20-2007, 09:40 PM
there's one person i put on ignore but only cause they were acting like a troll and it hurt my brain to read their ridiculous posts.

shais_mom
06-20-2007, 11:45 PM
I haven't ever used ignore, and I didn't know that there were people who had more than one screen name. Interesting. Is that for cat forum and dog forum, or just to be tricky??
just to be tricky ;)

shais_mom
06-20-2007, 11:48 PM
there's one person i put on ignore but only cause they were acting like a troll and it hurt my brain to read their ridiculous posts.
gee I wonder who that could be??
maybe the same person who hurts MY brain too? ;)

Catty1
06-20-2007, 11:50 PM
MY brain doesn't hurt any more. :)

Hellow
06-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Who, me?

luvofallhorses
06-20-2007, 11:51 PM
I only had one poster on ignore and she doesn't even post here anymore.

CathyBogart
06-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Reggie, if it is you on ignore they won't see your post. :)

JenBKR
06-21-2007, 01:59 PM
May be time to use that ignore feature myself to stop getting the pms from a certain person....then again, my curiosity usually gets the better of me......

sparks19
06-21-2007, 03:33 PM
May be time to use that ignore feature myself to stop getting the pms from a certain person....then again, my curiosity usually gets the better of me......

Sorry I will stop sending you dirty messages :p haha

and you know what they say about curiosity ;)

sandragonfly
06-21-2007, 03:36 PM
working for you debbie ok now?

I never had to use it because ingoring completely naturally is powerful. also, because of like above, curiosity kills you. ;) I tried it before when someone posted about it to see what it does but this feature never works for me anyway. if I had to, there'd be only one - I can read then take it or leave it.

Husky_mom
06-21-2007, 03:38 PM
I never had to use it because ingoring completely naturally is powerful. also, because of like above, curiosity kills you. ;) .

you know Iīm thankful Iīm not a cat......Iīm curious as can be LOL

I also just do the natural ignoring......but only to stay on the safe side as noone has bothered me THAT much to be on ignore.........hehe

JenBKR
06-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Sorry I will stop sending you dirty messages :p haha

Well now I rather enjoy getting the dirty messages ;)

buttercup132
06-21-2007, 03:48 PM
You know, I've only used the ignore feature one time in all the time I've been here ,and then removed it after one day. :rolleyes: I guess I'm just
too nosy to stick to it. :DSame, for me it's too hard becaus eyou still have the option of looking at thier posts and it's just soo tempting.

buttercup132
06-21-2007, 03:48 PM
too nosy to stick to it. :DSame, for me it's too hard becaus you still have the option of looking at thier posts and it's just soo tempting.

slick
06-21-2007, 04:05 PM
I have several names on my ignore list.

sirrahbed
06-21-2007, 04:24 PM
working for you debbie ok now?

oh yeah, it works great ................... except I now know how to "view post" and I look anyway :rolleyes:

I wish I could totally ignore threads that aggravate me. :o

Randi
06-21-2007, 04:36 PM
I never used the ignore feature myself, although I almost did last year. However, I think the person got banned anyway. :D

lizbud
06-21-2007, 04:49 PM
I never used the ignore feature myself, although I almost did last year. However, I think the person got banned anyway. :D

Gosh Randi, now I'm more curious than ever. I want to know who it
was for each person. :p :p J/K

Pawsitive Thinking
06-22-2007, 06:31 AM
too nosy to stick to it. :D

Glad it isn't just me :D

krazyaboutkatz
06-22-2007, 01:50 PM
I've never had to use it yet. I just try not to read certain posts but usually curiousity will get the best of me.:)

Cincy'sMom
06-22-2007, 11:16 PM
I think I had one or two people on it for awhile, and I don't ever remember who or why. I think it drove me crazy not to know, so I ended up turning it off.

luvofallhorses
06-22-2007, 11:56 PM
the person I had on ignore drove me nuts with her posts because she acted like she was a "know it all" :rolleyes:

AdoreMyDogs
06-23-2007, 12:08 AM
On the flipside of "Ignore" feature...what does the "Buddy" feature do? I have a couple people on my "Buddy List" and I have no idea what the buddy list does? Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, I am just curious. I've been here on PT for SOOO long and I just now learned there's an Ignore feature, I'd like to, also, know what the Buddy List is for, and what it does.

Killearn Kitties
06-23-2007, 03:16 AM
I know with the old software you could easily pick people from your Buddy list to send a PM to them. It was much faster than typing all their names individually. I'm not sure that it works with the current software though. If there is a point to the Buddy list now, I haven't discovered it yet. I'll be interested to find out.

Randi
06-23-2007, 05:47 AM
The Buddy list still works more or less the same way - if you click on Quick Links and then Open Buddy List, you can either click on one name, provided you have added some members to it (click the round icon) or choose up to 5 names to send a PM to. You check the 5 names in the boxes to the right and they'll all get it. :)

When you have the Buddy List open, you can also see who of your Buddies are online, there will be a green botton next to their name.

Argranade
06-23-2007, 08:37 AM
I've never used that ignore thing & dout I ever will,

If you don't like someone just don't read there posts.

Simple as that.

I can imagine alot of people have me on there ignore list from my old posts.

Meh...

sirrahbed
06-23-2007, 10:08 AM
The Buddy list still works more or less the same way ......

wow Thanks Randi! I have never been able to figure out how to use my list with the new software - and I never noticed quick links either :D