PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Siggy help please

Freedom
06-18-2007, 03:01 PM
I just spent an hour making a new siggy. I have the same problem I had last time.

IT IS HUGE!

I can't figure out how to reduce the size when I save it.

I am using Photoshop Elements 5.0.

Can someone TELL ME how to resize?

And where do you folks find the lovely rainbows? I don't have any in my graphics files!

Thanks anyone!
Sandie

I can't even upload it as an attachment!!! GGRRRRR!!

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/Siggy/10picsig.jpg

Roxyluvsme13
06-18-2007, 03:05 PM
It should be under Image>Image Size? At least that's how it is in regular photoshop..

And for rainbows, I don't really know how to explain that so I will leave it to someone else.

Freedom
06-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Darn. I've done that twice. The second time, I set it to 2 inches by 2 inches and saved it.

It is still enormous!!!
I saved it with a different name, and I uploaded to photobucket on the new name. Nothing.

Other suggestions? I'm willing to try!

Roxyluvsme13
06-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Wow, that is really weird. It should have resized it? Do you see where it says inches? Try changing that to pixels.

Karen
06-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Under image size, make sure it is set to 72 dpi, then 2 inches by 2 inches. 72 dpi is screen resolution.

When you save, also do a "save as" and choose .jpg, or use the "save for Web" feature, that will help you choose the amount of compression, and create a smaller file size.

Freedom
06-18-2007, 05:53 PM
There is NOTHING called dpi.

If I change PPI, then that SETS the inches automatically. And a ppi of 72 equals a 35 inch square!

I give up. I've spent over 3 hours on this; AGAIN. I gave up last time at the 5 hour mark. I'm learning. . . . .

Anyone wanna make me a siggy?

kittycats_delight
06-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Sandra if you want to email me the siggy I will fix it up to the right size for you. Email it to [email protected]

ChrisH
06-19-2007, 01:23 PM
I found an Elements Save For Web video tutorial for you. It's for 3 but I should think the principals are the same. Hope it helps.

http://www.photoshopsupport.com/elements/tt/save-for-web.html

Freedom
06-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks to all.

Kittycats delight fixed my siggy for my HOORAY!

I will look at the tutorial, as I really want to learn to do this . . . one day. As my Dad always says, "You can't learn any younger!"

So I'll start looking at the tutorial and such and maybe eventually it will all make sense.

Roxyluvsme13
06-19-2007, 06:07 PM
You're doing well for just starting :P. You should see the first thing I made on photoshop. :eek: