PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Found In Hospital Parking Lot in Delaware

Pam
06-18-2007, 06:08 AM
This story has been in our local news for almost two weeks now. This dear little boy was found crying in the parking lot at Christiana Hospital in Delaware (the same hospital where my little grandson was born a year ago). His mom left him there with a note pinned to his shirt. :(

I just heard today that they have finally found out the little boy's name and that of the mom but they are still unable to locate the mother. I imagine she could be anywhere so I thought it wouldn't hurt to post this at Pet Talk. I just can't imagine the circumstances that caused this mom to do this. :( Link below:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19253518/

Daisy and Delilah
06-18-2007, 07:17 AM
What a heart breaking story. I can't imagine anyone having to give up a child that they love so much. Surely there is local help available to her until she gets on her feet again. I really hope good news comes out of this, Pam. :(

finn's mom
06-18-2007, 08:05 AM
She must have really felt like she was at the end of her rope to abandon him that way and leave a note like that. :(

And, I don't know, is there a way for mothers and/or fathers to give up their children safely and legally when they get in a situation where they can't take care of them anymore? Instead of just leaving them in stores or parking lots where anyone could pick them up? :(

Poor baby, poor girl. :(

:(

petslover
06-18-2007, 10:13 AM
That is really awful. I can't imagine just driving off leaving a child in the parking lot. I am sorry, but that is heartless. There are safer ways to give up your kid instead of leaving him in a parking lot. That angers me. :mad:

cyber-sibes
06-18-2007, 10:22 AM
How sad. She must be in a lot of emotional pain to do such a desparate thing. I hope they do find her and help her. I'm adding them to my prayers.

Catty1
06-18-2007, 11:22 AM
The note said she lost her job and her medical coverage...she must have been in a great deal of emotional pain to do this, as all accounts so far point to Michael as a happy boy and her as a great mom.

I think she didn't want to be found...leaving her boy in a parking lot is NOT the right way at all...I would guess in her mind it was preferable to going somewhere official and having a record...

I hope she has other family who will help her come forward.

Prayers for that little boy and her.

Kalei
06-18-2007, 11:57 AM
What a terrible story, no matter how in the hole I could ever be or even living on the streets, I would never abandon anything I love like that, not a baby or an animal, If It came down to it I would go for help and seek the child an adopted family that would take the child in and love him.

Poor child, I hope he finds somebody that loves him dearly so he can continue to be happy.

AdoreMyDogs
06-18-2007, 12:37 PM
How sad :( I can't imagine doing that to my child or an animal. I wonder what goes threw someones head that they think this is their only way out :( I wonder how a woman, who witnesses say loved that child, could surcome to such a horrible act. Very, very sad situation :(

Karen
06-18-2007, 12:44 PM
And, I don't know, is there a way for mothers and/or fathers to give up their children safely and legally when they get in a situation where they can't take care of them anymore? Instead of just leaving them in stores or parking lots where anyone could pick them up? :(

You may be thinking of the Baby Safe Haven law that some states hav, but that is meant for infants - newborn to 30 days old in New Jersey, for example. In Massachusetts and some other places it's 7 days old ...

http://www.njsafehaven.org/

http://www.babysafehaven.com/

But this child is a toddler, poor thing. There are social services she might have been able to use, maybe she just wasn't thinking clearly.

lvpets2002
06-18-2007, 12:47 PM
:) Yes in Texas the baby has to be left at a Fire Station or a Police Station..

Cataholic
06-19-2007, 02:55 PM
How very sad. She must have felt as she had no choice. Poor little boy, poor mommy. :(

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-19-2007, 04:01 PM
That is really awful. I can't imagine just driving off leaving a child in the parking lot. I am sorry, but that is heartless. There are safer ways to give up your kid instead of leaving him in a parking lot. That angers me. :mad:

I agree with you 100% Tia! I can understand that she had no choice as to give up her son; but she could have taken him to a safer place then, such as a hospital or an orphanage :mad:

lizbud
06-19-2007, 05:31 PM
What a terrible story, no matter how in the hole I could ever be or even living on the streets, I would never abandon anything I love like that, not a baby or an animal,

I feel the same way. I do hope the boy & the mom get the help they need.

Hellow
06-19-2007, 06:48 PM
This just ticks me off. :mad: i mean, why didnt she just ask a government official where to take her child instead of leaving him in a parking lot? This just makes me sick. :mad:

Catty1
06-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Just read another news story, with a bit of interesting info...the boy's dad has not been seen at work since June 11th. And no family members have called his workplace.

Because the mom's purse was left behind...did the dad kidnap her? Put the note on the child?

As one official said, "It doesn't add up." :(

Pam
06-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Just read another news story, with a bit of interesting info...the boy's dad has not been seen at work since June 11th. And no family members have called his workplace.

Because the mom's purse was left behind...did the dad kidnap her? Put the note on the child?

As one official said, "It doesn't add up." :(

My co-worker and I were just talking about this today. We both sort of felt from the beginning that maybe the woman didn't write the note. Maybe something awful happened to her and the person who dropped off the little boy was responsible. We just couldn't imagine a loving mom doing something like this. From all reports that is what she was. Now I am fearful that she has met up with foul play. I hope not, but it doesn't look good at all. I have yet to hear about any family members coming forth either to take the little boy. Very puzzling.

Pam
06-22-2007, 06:00 AM
Well, now it seems that the father of the little boy was actually married to another woman who had no idea of the affair or the existence of this little boy. Can you imagine what that poor woman is going through right now? This man, the father, has been missing as well.

They also said that the note stated that the mom had just lost her job. It turns out that she hadn't been working since before the baby was born (11 months prior) so that was not true. Also the baby's name on the note was incorrect. Possibly written down that way on purpose to turn suspicion away from the father??? I know I am probably already judging him badly but that is the way these things often turn out with the circle of suspicion starting with those closest to the victim/victims.

Pam
06-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Well things are not looking good. The father of the boy (who is married to another woman) has left the country and fled to Milan, Italy. :mad: That says a lot to me. The father's car was found in Staten Island, NY and will be gone over with a fine tooth comb. The FBI has been called in. The little boy's mother is still missing and her keys, etc. are still in her apartment. I am feeling that this woman has probably been killed. I guess it is just because so many other women recently have met the same fate. At least the little boy is OK. So sad.....

Pam
06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Breaking News on this case just in.....The police are investigating Mob ties with the baby's father. Oh boy this doesn't look good for the mother. *sigh*

Catty1
06-28-2007, 04:08 PM
:(

luckies4me
06-28-2007, 04:12 PM
This thread has brought tears to my eyes. From what I have read, it seems the father has killed the mother. So very very sad. Poor little boy. I wonder what the fathers wife is thinking! :(

Pam
06-28-2007, 05:09 PM
The police have issued some sort of arrest warrant for him even though he is out of the country. It seems that his cell phone pinged off a tower right by the hospital at the time the little boy was dropped off there. :( The house he shared with his wife was formerly owned by a NJ Mob boss. :eek:

Catty1
06-28-2007, 05:53 PM
The house he shared with his wife was formerly owned by a NJ Mob boss.

Who was in prison. It would be easy to jump to conclusions. He may have hung around with nasties and have done some terrible things...but this strikes me as a crime done by him, not by the Mob. No reason for them to waste their time, it's small stuff.

sandragonfly
06-28-2007, 11:15 PM
:( my first thought when I read this week ago, this couldn't be the mother.

I hope she's okay ... until confirmed. :(

ramanth
06-29-2007, 07:35 AM
How very sad. :(

Pam
08-02-2007, 04:10 PM
The father has just returned from Italy and has gotten himself an attorney. Good idea. :rolleyes: They say he will be able to raise bail though. Obviously this man is a flight risk. :rolleyes: They want to ask him some questions regarding the missing status of the little boy's mother. He is only a *person of interest* at this point. Stay tuned....

pitc9
08-02-2007, 04:16 PM
:eek:

Thanks for the updates!!