PDA

View Full Version : ...deployed.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Again.

Butch got a call on Saturday saying he's been given 30 days and then he has to report to some base in Alabama.

He's going BACK. He's been there once already, in 2004, I think. He hated it then and he hates it now. He keeps saying all these 'ifs'... "If I don't come back, do this..." It's driving me crazy.

You all know he's one of my best friends and like a father to me. I've cried a lot over this issue, knowing he'll be gone for at least 15 months, but I know it won't help. I've gotta be strong, as does he. Just please please pray that when he leaves us on July 13th that he comes home safe.

Just another note, I don't believe he is healthy enough to go back. He had a semi-heart attack two months ago, his blood pressure is ridiculous, he is diabetic and he is not in physical shape to go overseas. (About the "heart attack- he was in a motorcycle many years ago, and when he crashed, he tore all the muscles BETWEEN his ribs. They've healed, but two months ago, after some physical labor, they "dettached" again, and he thought he was having a heart attack because the pain was so bad. Doc said that this is likely to happen again at any time, with any amount of physical labor and there isn't much to do but wait it out.)

I just don't want him to go. Please let him come back safe. He's like a father to me. Ever since my dad has meet his girlfriend, Angie, I've lost the tight relationship we had. My dad always called me his best friend, but now he has Angie, and I've been put on the back burner. I think it's because I'm not used to sharing him. Even when my parents were married, my dad was always with me and he was my best friend. Now I have to share him with my stepmom and stepsisters and it's really hard for me. Therefore, I've started to cling to Butch, and this deployment hit me like a shockwave.

Let him come home safe. :(

Hellow
06-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Prayers being sent out

Karen
06-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Maybe he's just going to a desk job, not physical labor, surely the military knows about his medical condition. Is he "just" going to Alabama, or is that preparatory to shipping overseas? In any case, tell him we all owe him a debt of gratitude for his service to our country, and he'll be in our prayers.

Laura's Babies
06-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Once they see his medical history, they may just send him back! It sounds like he really don't need to be over there.

Lady's Human
06-17-2007, 10:58 PM
If he has serious medical problems, they will NOT deploy him. The first part of deployment prep is a medical history review. If there are issues, he will be released from A/D within 10 days, as after that title 10 orders take over.

cocker_luva
06-18-2007, 12:04 AM
i know how you feel, my hubby, AJ is over in afghanistan right now. i wont see him til next march or may

AdoreMyDogs
06-18-2007, 12:07 AM
I am so sorry :( your family will be in my prayers. I do hope he gets sent back home due to health issues.

Catty1
06-18-2007, 01:26 AM
Maybe with it being Father's Day, you can try reconnecting with your dad a bit more.

Have you told him how you feel? Maybe the two of you need a chat.

I know Butch is like a father to you - but you only have one real father. :)

HUGS!

Alysser
06-18-2007, 05:26 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking of you and Butch. :(

moosmom
06-18-2007, 08:24 AM
ILMAG,

Laura's Babies is right. Once they get a look at his medical history, he'll probably get a desk job.

You and Butch will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh and BTW, regarding your Dad and his new girlfriend. Hang in there. I know you and your Dad are close, the same way me and my Dad were close, until he met my stepmonster. I wound up having to meet him for lunch after his daily golf games, just to be able to spend time with him without Barbie putting in her two cents.

smokey the elder
06-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Poor guy. I'd think he'd be 4F with all that stuff. Good luck to him.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-20-2007, 08:16 PM
All we can do is wait, I guess.

He has an SRP on Friday (some military doctor thing) and he told me that is for SURE when he will find out IF he is getting deployed. What I'm hoping happens is that they realize that he is pre-diabetic (if not diabetic, I haven't been keeping up), he's overweight and his injury from his LAST tour in Iraq is still giving him a lot of pain.

Keep your fingers crossed, everyone. I don't want him to go and I can't run this snowcone stand by myself all summer, lol.

Lady's Human
06-20-2007, 08:17 PM
SRP=soldier readiness processing

sweetpatata6
06-20-2007, 08:18 PM
All we can do is wait, I guess.

He has an SRP on Friday (some military doctor thing) and he told me that is for SURE when he will find out IF he is getting deployed. What I'm hoping happens is that they realize that he is pre-diabetic (if not diabetic, I haven't been keeping up), he's overweight and his injury from his LAST tour in Iraq is still giving him a lot of pain.

Keep your fingers crossed, everyone. I don't want him to go and I can't run this snowcone stand by myself all summer, lol.

Don't worry, mine have been crossed the whole time, and I'm praying!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-21-2007, 08:06 PM
8:00 AM tomorrow.

I'll be dreading the phone call all day.

My fingers, toes, eyes, legs... everything's crossed.

sweetpatata6
06-22-2007, 06:55 AM
8:00 AM tomorrow.

I'll be dreading the phone call all day.

My fingers, toes, eyes, legs... everything's crossed.

Will do. :D ((gotta keep positive thaughts ya know?))

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-22-2007, 08:50 PM
He's been given the okay to go to Iraq.

July 13th is when his 30 days are up and he's off to Shelby (wherever that is).

And now we wait...

Lady's Human
06-22-2007, 08:57 PM
The SRP he just went through means little to nothing.

The real medical checks will be done at Camp Shelby, Mississippi.

Units will push anyone with a body temp in the proper range through an SRP to keep their numbers correct for paper purposes.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Thank you for the continued hope.

Just out of curiousity, how do you know so much about the military? I am in no way trying to be rude, I'm just wondering. Do you have a member of the family in the military or were you in it once?

So, when at Camp Shelby. will they realize his medical status and possibly send him back? Or is there no going back from here?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-03-2007, 10:32 AM
He has agreed to waive his thirty days and leave on the 11th of July instead of the 13th. They originally asked him to leave on the 9th when another unit was shipping out, but he didn't want to, so they compromised and agreed on the 11th instead.

Next week Wednesday, guys. :(

Lady's Human, please keep me updated on what you know. What happens next?

Lady's Human
07-03-2007, 03:09 PM
I was in the military for 20 years, I'm just waiting on my retirement orders (Some )(@*#&)@(! paper pusher screwed up :mad: and didn't check one of the boxes, I was supposed to retire in May).

I was the Operations Sergeant for a Mobilization team, which is the same type of organization which runs Camp Shelby. I was also a Unit Assistor for several deploying units. The Unit Assistor aids the deploying unit command with dotting the "i"s and crossing the "t"s prior to deployment, and is one of the people charged with ensuring that the deploying unit's training and personnel are up to snuff. (Actually the unit I'm retiring from has several people at Shelby as trainers.) In addition, I was a trainer for weapons ranges and communications classes.

Unless they have radically changed the deployment process (highly doubtful), when he gets to Shelby he will undergo further medical screening within 72 hours of arrival. If they find a problem which will keep him from deploying, he will be released back to his home unit or higher command within 10 days of arrival.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-10-2007, 09:00 PM
I saw him for the last time tonight.

It was bittersweet- he was in his uniform (he looks so charming in his uniform :)) and he gave me a hug and it was great, until he drove away, then I lost it. I cried the whole way home and I still have tears streaming down my face.

You have to understand that this friend was more than just my boss and a great friend-- he was like my dad. I've lost my relationship with my dad over the past two years with the addition of a step-family. Slowly but surely, I am losing the people that I thought I could trust... Angie has turned into a very controlling person and I can't talk to her like I used to be able to. My dad has started devoting most of his attention to her and her family. My mom and I have never been close. My friends are ditching me for bigger and better things--alcohol and drugs. Butch became the one person I knew would ALWAYS be there for me, night or day. He TOLD me he would be there for me whenever I needed him, and he always was. Now that he's gone, who do I turn to? It's like I've been kicked out of the car on a roadtrip in the middle of nowhere, some deserted highway with nothing but the clothes on my back. I have nowhere to turn.

I know I need to rekindle things with my dad. I know. I'm not one to share my feelings easily though. Maybe through time, things will work out, but right now, I'm just broken hearted and lost.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
07-16-2007, 09:46 PM
There's hope.

Like Lady's Human mentioned, he's going through some pretty rigorous medical testing right now (I just got off the phone with him) and he said that they mentioned if his glucose levels remain HIGH, that he will be sent home.

I can't help but jump up and down and hope that his glucose level will be just high enough that they won't let him go, but I know how awful that sounds. He sounds unsure, he thinks that he'll be okay to go and his levels won't be too high, but I can't help but hope.

Fingers crossed. :)