PDA

View Full Version : Attention Pet Bowl Shoppers!!!!

Catty1
06-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Karen sent me two of these for the Pet Talk Swap - so cute!

They broke, unfortunately - and I have been doing a search to track them down.

Found a pic on eBay:

http://i23.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/79/ca/606e_1.JPG

If you have seen these somewhere in your neighbourhood, please let me or Karen know! (Especially Canada....Alberta! :D )

PS - on the bottom, it says "Nantucket" and "Made in China".

Thanks!

catnapper
06-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Hmmm... Cameron broke one of my cat bowls this week. I think Pouncer would like this replacement! :D

Catsnclay
06-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Please, please be very careful of item made in China - even more so if you are going to use them for food purposes.

We have a strict standard here in the USA for lead in glazes, whereas China, Mexico and other foriegn countries do not. Anything made in the USA cannot have lead in it (yes, it is poision!!) But....anything imported, they do not hold them to the same standards :rolleyes: and we don't know why.

The last thing you want to do is poision yourself or one of your precious babies by eating or drinking out of these dishes.

While they are pretty, please just keep them as a knick knack instead of using them.

Is there a way you can glue back the pieces of the broken ones?

elizabethann
06-17-2007, 03:41 PM
I've seen them around here but I can't remember where. I think it was either the DOLLAR STORE or the CHRISTMAS TREE SHOP. If I ever see them again, I will pick some up for you. Do you just want PRINCE? How about PRINCESS?

Karen
06-17-2007, 04:07 PM
I got them at the Christmas Tree shop - you might still have them at yours - if you do, can you pick up two "prnce" bowls for me to send her? Both her kitties are boys, so that's why they both got "Prince" bowls.

For those worried about the glazes, the inside of the bowl has no colored glaza at all, just clear. It's usually the reds and oranges that one has to worry about have lead in it, the clear glaze should be safe.

Catty1
06-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Also - because I think the "points" on them took the stress and radiated the breaks through the rest of the bowl - poor things! - may I suggest bubble wrap and a square box?

Well, yeah...I guess they'd have to come that way now LOL.

Still amazing that the delicate cat statue was FINE and the heavier stuff...like the bowls...didn't make it.

THANKS for looking, folks! :)

elizabethann
06-18-2007, 07:51 AM
I got them at the Christmas Tree shop - you might still have them at yours - if you do, can you pick up two "prnce" bowls for me to send her? Both her kitties are boys, so that's why they both got "Prince" bowls.

For those worried about the glazes, the inside of the bowl has no colored glaza at all, just clear. It's usually the reds and oranges that one has to worry about have lead in it, the clear glaze should be safe.

The next time I go, I will make a point of looking for those bowls and will pick up 2 PRINCE ones.

Catty1
06-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Not to be a pain....but would the store package them for shipping? Some do (not a dollar store, though! :D )

Thanks for this!

Catsnclay
06-19-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm not trying to start anything here, but please be aware that Imports DO use lead in their glazes. Lead in glaze can be fatal.

The reds & oranges are the worst, but be aware that it is there.

I'm not saying "don't buy it", but rather don't use it for feeding purposes.

Please buy AMERICAN/CANIDIAN - not only will it help the economy, but it will be safer! There are a lot of "starving" artists out there that make wonderful cat & dog bowls - please support them rather than the Imports.

Thank you! ;)

dukedogsmom
06-19-2007, 08:39 PM
You could always have a certain PTer paint one for you :D