PDA

View Full Version : Charlie is at the vet's office for his surgery

Scooter's Mom
06-14-2007, 11:03 PM
We dropped my Charlie baby off tonight so he could have his surgery tomorrow. I am so nervous for him. My bed just won't be the same without my little cuddle monster purring at me all night. Gosh I miss him already.

With everything they're doing (surgery, 2 nights at the vet's office, new antibiotics, pain meds there and for afterwards and some other things) it's going to run about $250.00. I don't have it, but have $340 worth of room on my credit card. It's how I've managed to pay all the emergency vet bills with his foot and with Oreo in the past month... since I didn't get paid for 3 weeks of May (b/c of my surgery). So hopefully it won't go over $340 or I'll be in big trouble! I'll be paying for this a long time, but they are so worth it.

I've been sniffling and crying half the night. I love my little kitty, even if he is mean to everyone else. And he loves me so much.

Please keep him in your thoughts Friday.

Thanks,
Crystal

krazyaboutkatz
06-14-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm sure that everything will go well. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please update us when you can.

Catty1
06-14-2007, 11:53 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} Just a few hours, and your baby will be home. :) Not even one more sleep!

Maybe he will be nicer to others when his owie heals.

Healing prayers for dear Charlie.

Scooter's Mom
06-15-2007, 12:09 AM
I forgot to mention I can't pick him up until Saturday morning. They want to monitor him since he's had such a rough time.

Thanks ya'll... your thoughts and prayers mean so much.

Laura's Babies
06-15-2007, 07:07 AM
I would be there every day to see my baby if one of them had to stay that long.. The house just isn't the same with one of them gone. Prayers sent for a fast and speedy recovery.

Anikaca77
06-15-2007, 07:20 AM
My prays for Charlie to recover just fine.

Medusa
06-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Aw, I have a soft spot in my heart for "mean" kitties cuz Puddy is the Queen of Mean. But I say they're just misunderstood. Prayers going out to dear Charlie and you.

catmandu
06-15-2007, 02:55 PM
I KNOW THAT THE PET ANGEL VISITORS WILL BE THERE TONIGHT TO HELP CHARLIE FORGET HIS OUCHIE AND HELP HIM FEEL A LOT BETTER ABOUT BEING AWAY FROM HIS MEEOWMIE.
THEY WILL BRING TREATS FROM BEIJING TAHT THEY KNOW THAT CHARLIES JUST GOING TO ADORE!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats101900.jpg
AND SOME ARE COMING OVER TO SEE ROCCALNO WHO WILL BE RECOVERING IN A SMALL DOG CRATE AT THE FOUND PARADISE CAT HOTEL.

Kalei
06-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Aw, poor Charlie. And I feel so bad for you, I know what you mean by not having your cuddley kitty to be with you at nighttime. My Bobo has slept right under my arm with his cheek against mine for 15 years now and sometimes I get bad sleeps if he's not with me.

I will pray that Charlie will get through the surgery very greatly and will be home in your bed very soon:)

Scooter's Mom
06-15-2007, 09:09 PM
My husband talked to the vets office since I wasn't able to get to my phone at work today. Charlie was awake and doing well. We can go pick him up at 9am tomorrow.

Yay!!! I hope he's going to be okay and that the nasty infection in his foot is gone finally.

Catty1
06-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Did he get to keep his toe?

It will be interesting to find out what was causing poor Charlie so much trouble!

HUGS to that furbaby!

Scooter's Mom
06-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Hubby didn't ask if he kept his toe. And when I got a chance to call, the office was closed.

Grr - new policy at work is "no phone calls" at all... and when I had my lunch break, the office was closed.

jennielynn1970
06-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Will thinking of you and Charlie tonight, and when you pick him up tomorrow! Hope the trouble wasn't too bad and he gets to keep his poor little toe! Give him some gentle pets and hugs for me.

Scooter's Mom
06-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Charlie boy is HOME! He even got to keep his toe, which is such a happy surprise! They removed the broken toenail that was causing the infection to keep recurring and he should be fine. We were sent home with pain meds for him, and told to continue the antibiotics until they are gone.

I am SO relieved. I didn't realize the special place he had in my heart until the past month. I always said, "no kitty will ever be in my heart like Scooter Bug" which may be true in some ways, but Charlie sure has a tight hold on my heart in so many others!

Thank you again!
Crystal - and Charlie

Catty1
06-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Oh GOOD - now it will heal up and stay that way! HUGS to dear Charlie!

Thanks to his purrents for helping him! :)

Medusa
06-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Yay, what great news! Good for Charlie!

krazyaboutkatz
06-16-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm glad to hear that everything went well and that Charlie is now home.:) I hope that he'll make a quick recovery.:)

LuckyNumber7
06-16-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm so happy your Charlie is home and safe with you! Charlie, I hope your toe feels better after this!

momcat
06-17-2007, 03:05 PM
Such good news that all went well and Charlie is well on the road to recovery!