PDA

View Full Version : So You Think You Can Dance

sparks19
06-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Did anyone watch the first night of competition?

I thought the majority of it was wonderful.... there were a few routines I found a little bit ho hum.... but the dancers were all quite good. and I was quite surprised by a few of them :D

I really liked Lacey's performance (Benji's sister)

Jadapit
06-14-2007, 05:33 PM
I watched it. I really enjoyed it. I love the hip- hop dancing. I would love to be able to dance like that. I forget the one couples names. The girl was so much taller than her partner. They didn't go well together.

sparks19
06-14-2007, 05:40 PM
I watched it. I really enjoyed it. I love the hip- hop dancing. I would love to be able to dance like that. I forget the one couples names. The girl was so much taller than her partner. They didn't go well together.

LOL the guys name was Ricky but I can't remember her name..... yeah they looked so strange together.... it was a like a kid having his mom teach him to dance lol. He's kind of an oddball .... I remember him during the auditions.... very strange in deed and he really seems to have a thing for Cat Deely.

Yes the hip hop routines are usually my favourite just because they are usually the most fun. I liked the first one much better than the second one though. But I love Shane Sparks routines.

Jadapit
06-14-2007, 05:55 PM
It was driving me crazy not knowing the name of Ricky's partner so I went to the web site to find her name. Its Ashlee.

I love Hok, that guy can bust the moves. He's amazing. I also like Jessi. She danced the waltz with her partner.

I think Shane Sparks is *hot* ;)

Its on again tonight, dont forget to watch it. :)

sparks19
06-14-2007, 05:58 PM
It was driving me crazy not knowing the name of Ricky's partner so I went to the web site to find her name. Its Ashlee.

I love Hok, that guy can bust the moves. He's amazing. I also like Jessi. She danced the waltz with her partner.

I think Shane Sparks is *hot* ;)

Its on again tonight, dont forget to watch it. :)

I definitely will not forget to watch :D My guess is Ricky and Ashlee (thanks for looking up her name lol) will be hitting the bricks tonight. what is your prediction?

Jadapit
06-14-2007, 06:03 PM
I think your right it will be Ricky and Ashlee hitting the bricks.

RedHedd
06-14-2007, 06:14 PM
I tried to stay up to watch (rough day at work). Lacey was my favorite - that dance routine brought me to tears.

I agree, Ricky and Ashlee will probably be cut tonight.

luvofallhorses
06-14-2007, 08:14 PM
I LOVE that show and have watched the last 2 seasons and I loved last night. :) I think Shane Sparks is pretty hot, too. :D he is very straight forward and honest and a good choreographer. he choregraphed
"you got served" :)

sparks19
06-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Looks like we were all right :D They were the logical choice.... I think it might get hard to choose from here on out though.

And I was so thrilled to see Benji lol I just love him.

luvofallhorses
06-14-2007, 09:28 PM
I am glad his little sister auditioned I think she's Lacey right? she's a great dancer. :D and very pretty. :) I love the ones who did the jive to "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavinge.

JenBKR
06-15-2007, 08:40 AM
I wasn't surprised at all that Ashlee and Ricky got cut, I didn't care for their dance. I liked Sara and her partner's dance, can't remember his name.....it was definitely different. And I was thrilled to see Benji again too, I miss him this season! His personality shines through his dancing - I think that's why I like him so much.

Taz_Zoee
06-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Grr, I did it again!! I always forget most of you are on the East coast and see things three hours before I do. I was reading through this thread last night and saw who got kicked off before I watched the show. :( I had done the same thing with American Idol. So now I just need to remember to not look at this thread until AFTER I watch the show. LOL
But I too was glad Ashlee and Ricky were off. Although I really liked Ricky's personality. There are soooo many good dancers this year. It's gonna be a tough one. Last year Benji and Danyell were my favorites from the beginning. And this year I can't pick a favorite yet. I do like Lacey, and I also like Dominic, the B boy from Sacramento. I'm so excited and glad it's back on!!! :D :D :D

sparks19
06-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah it has been hard to pick a favourite so far.... but for now I really like Lacey (Benji's sister) Their dance was so beautiful.

Awww I'm sorry I spoiled it for you :( I will try to hold my tongue until the next day.... :D

Taz_Zoee
06-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah it has been hard to pick a favourite so far.... but for now I really like Lacey (Benji's sister) Their dance was so beautiful.

Awww I'm sorry I spoiled it for you :( I will try to hold my tongue until the next day.... :D

No, you guys can talk about it when you want to. I just need to learn to not come on the thread until after I've seen it. :D Sometimes I just forget about the time difference. :)

sparks19
06-15-2007, 12:55 PM
No, you guys can talk about it when you want to. I just need to learn to not come on the thread until after I've seen it. :D Sometimes I just forget about the time difference. :)

LOL but I feel bad that I didn't even think about different time zones :D

I think we did a pretty good job with keeping Idol underwraps until the next day.... :D we can control ourselves for a few hours hehe

Lobodeb
06-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Is anyone else bothered by the severe nepotism this year? Benji's sister, Lacey, Stanislov's sister Faina and Travis' adopted brother, Danny.

I like Jessi. I think she's really good. I don't really have a favorite from the guys yet.

RedHedd
06-17-2007, 10:53 AM
I think they've handled the potential accusations of nepotism very well. Lacey, Faina and Danny are excellent dancers.

Lobodeb
06-18-2007, 12:23 AM
I think they've handled the potential accusations of nepotism very well. Lacey, Faina and Danny are excellent dancers.

I didn't mean to take that away from them. Yes, they are fantastic dancers. Still, I don't care for it much. It's just me.

sparks19
06-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Anyone see the results tonight?

I think that was CRAP!!!!!! Jessie did NOT deserve to go. that was all a legal issue about her health scare and nothing more. She was the BEST one out there tonight. She busted her hump tonight performing and the other girls did nothing. and they way they just let her go was bull. no explanation no nothing. GRRRR

luvofallhorses
06-29-2007, 12:22 AM
I was sad to see Jessie go. :( but maybe they don't want to jeopordize her health again, ya know? I honestly thought Cedric would go home but he didn't. He needs to work harder next time according to the judges or he will go home for sure.

sparks19
06-29-2007, 08:26 AM
I was sad to see Jessie go. :( but maybe they don't want to jeopordize her health again, ya know? I honestly thought Cedric would go home but he didn't. He needs to work harder next time according to the judges or he will go home for sure.

I'm sure it has something to do with her health.... but they way they went about it was bull. It was obvious she had NO idea that they were planning to do that and they could have at least said that she was a great dancer and they just thought it would be better for her health if she left the show.... they give everyone else a big explanation of why they have chosen them.... but she got NOTHING. They called her forward and said you are leaving us tonight.... and that was it. I just couldn't believe it. I mean of course if her health is in jeopardy by all means she and the show need to protect her but it was just so shady how they did it.

luvofallhorses
06-29-2007, 09:37 AM
yeah I thought they were pretty rude to her :(

Taz_Zoee
06-29-2007, 09:51 AM
I totally agree Sparks19. I thought the same thing. That was not cool.
And I was very bothered that Cedric was not in the bottom 3. He's got to go! I really like everyone else, a lot.
I'd have to say my two favorite couples are Lacey & Kameron (who are obviously hot and heavy with each other) and Dominic & Sabra (who have great personalities, well mainly Dominic).
Who are your favorites??

sparks19
06-29-2007, 11:19 AM
I totally agree Sparks19. I thought the same thing. That was not cool.
And I was very bothered that Cedric was not in the bottom 3. He's got to go! I really like everyone else, a lot.
I'd have to say my two favorite couples are Lacey & Kameron (who are obviously hot and heavy with each other) and Dominic & Sabra (who have great personalities, well mainly Dominic).
Who are your favorites??

Well I really like Lacey and Kameron as well.... and Pasha and Jessie were another favourite of mine. I thought that jessie and pasha were so cute last night.... I think they might have quite a connection ;) I knew when she was asked what she would miss most that she was gonna say pasha.