PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely distraught over this...

jennielynn1970
06-14-2007, 04:52 PM
I took in a new foster on Monday night. She's a smushy faced blue and cream persian. She was all shaved because she had been outside all winter and really, they had no idea how long before that. She had just been trapped and was taken to the vet and spayed and given her shots. I picked her up and put her in the room I had Ally in (I put Ally upstairs in the other single room, and put Frankie Baby in with the other two kitties).

So, new kitty, who is as of yet unnamed (I've been calling her Sweetie and Princess), had been hiding under the bookcases in my library, and whenever I'd touch her, or try to anyway, she'd just flinch and growl and bolt to another area of the room. Once she was in the one window and she tried to crawl up into it when I approached her, so I totally backed away and she calmed down.

I knew she was scared, so I figured if I put some of the sweet kitties in with her, one at a time or two, she'd feel better knowing there were other kitties in the room. Last night I went to see how Autumn and Jorgie were doing with her in there, and when I went into the room, I saw Autumn sleeping in the chair, but no Jorgie. So, I'm looking under the bookshelves thinking Jorgie was with her there to make her feel more comfortable. Only, there were NO CATS under any bookcases. NONE!!!! I look up at the window, and see that the screen is torn away at the bottom and has been pushed out!! :eek: :eek:

I look out on the roof to the kitchen and don't see anything, so I run downstairs, and out onto the deck and there on the neighbor's roof is JORGIE!!! :eek: But there's no other cat there. I have no idea where Sweetie went. I don't even know if she left a long time before Jorgie went out the window, or was he following her??? He's so skittish himself, I doubt he'd break out the screen or just wander out alone. I did manage to get him back inside, but had to let him come in on his own, otherwise he would have bolted (he has the same kind of background as Sweetie does.. maybe he related to her in that way).

So, I've put her on Tabby Tracker and Lost and Pound, but I don't even have any pics of her. She was always in the corner and you couldn't see a darn thing except that she was shaved and looked really pathetic. I put out posters with a picture of a cat that has a face like her, but stated that it wasn't her face. I don't know what else to do. She's not friendly, she not going to reach out to anyone. I have no idea where to look. I've been all over the neighborhood, looked in all the nooks and crannies and nothing. I've talked to the kids in the area and they haven't seen anything either. I'm going to check the area vets and the Humane Society, but honestly, if the Humane Society gets ahold of her, she'll be PTS. They won't keep an unfriendly, feral cat. Heck, this Humane Society doesn't even keep great cats with potential. I call them the INHumane Society.

Karen
06-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Oh how awful. Well, hopefully with the flyers up, someone will spot her - a shaved kitty is a distinctive sight, that may help her being spotted so you can recapture her. You'll be in our prayers.

Catty1
06-14-2007, 05:24 PM
OH no...was she found hiding to begin with, or was she live-trapped?

I ask because if she is prone to hiding, she might not be far away.

All I can suggest is a live trap with stinky tuna in it!

I hope someone sees her soon - do you have people to help you look?

In a neighbourhood, the kids always seem to know - ask them too!

PRAYERS for poor Sweetie! And for you, Jenn!

catmandu
06-14-2007, 05:40 PM
The Pet Angel Search And Rescue Squads On The Job And We Hope That They Can Find Her And Get Her Back To You.
That Would Be Frustratiing As You Would Have Thought That Once In Your House That They Would Be All Right.
We Are All Sending Prayers For Her.

Laura's Babies
06-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Poor kitty baby! She must be terrified!

jazzcat
06-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Oh no, how awful. I'm so sorry.

I sure hope you can find her.

Catty1
06-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Sweetie cat - please let someone find you and take you back to Meowmie Jenn.

You will find out you don't have to be scared any more.

HUGS!

jennielynn1970
06-14-2007, 09:26 PM
I was out all afternoon and I have been out this evening, and still nothing. I have no idea where she is at this point. I have posters everywhere, and the kids in the area haven't seen her either.

Logan
06-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Jenn, I am praying that you will locate her. I know this is tearing at your heart. :(

Logan

krazyaboutkatz
06-14-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I sure hope that some one will be able to find her. Please come home Sweetie.

Freedom
06-15-2007, 07:15 AM
Put out some tuna in oil. She won't stray far from a food source! It may take a bit, but she'll hang out and eventually you will see her.

You do SO much for these kitties, just keep on and let her get over her fright.

Come one Sweetie, come home and EAT!

Medusa
06-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Aw, I'm so sorry. Too many lost kitties lately. It's scary. Praying extra hard that your little 'baldy' comes back home.

Kalei
06-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Oh my goodness what terrible news! And such a little kitty at that. I hope wherever she is that she knows where she is going. I"m glad you got Jorgie back. And I will pray very much that little Sweetie will be found.

phesina
06-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Prayers that little Sweetie will soon be home again.

Cataholic
06-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Oh, I am so very sorry to hear this. :(

catnapper
06-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Oh no!!! I see this happened yesterday, so is there any news today?

Scooter's Mom
06-16-2007, 12:25 PM
I hope you've found her by now. Poor kitty!

Randi
06-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Oh what a situation! A shaved kitty out there - I hope it's not cold. It may not be easy to get her inside but when she gets hungy, she'll probably come looking for food. I really hope it'll be soon. Did it look like she and Jorge had a fight?

momcat
06-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Is there any news on Sweetie Princess? How sad this whole thing is. Chances are she's not too far away, just too scared to come out from where she's hiding. While reading your post about her, I couldn't help but wonder if she might have been abused by a previous owner and as a result is afraid of people. Prayers being prayed for her safe return. Please keep us updated?

Lizzie
06-16-2007, 08:32 PM
I keep checking in on this thread, hoping to hear good news. Is it possible that she is making her way back to the area where she was trapped, going back to her old food sources and hiding places?

Kalei
06-16-2007, 08:36 PM
I hope we get an update soon:( Jenn where are you and Sweetie?

jennielynn1970
06-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey there, was in Reading all day at an adoption event. Left three of my fosters there, and the house seems sooooo quite now! Wow!!

I have seen and heard nothing. Neither have the neighborhood kids (I've been bribing them with the freeze pops to keep looking for her, lol). I've put out food, but the only cat I see eating it is the tuxie. And a SKUNK. Ugh!

One of the other volunteers and I were talking today, and she thinks maybe she'll head back to where she was trapped. It sounded like that was Allentown, just the other end of Allentown. I have no idea. I even left open the crawl space under my deck hoping that she would find that and go in there for safety (and food), but no such luck. I'm just hoping that no one thought she was a rat and shot her! She's not a huge cat, and really looked like a rat when she scurried/scuttled the perimeter of the room to get under things. I don't have a good feeling about this at all.

Jorgie doesn't fight anyone!! He's so mellow, and he's my United Nations peacekeeper cat. He loves all cats (is scared to death of humans). If anything, Sweetie forced open the screen and he followed her. That's his personality.

Catty1
06-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Oh, I hope she goes back to the other end of town!

When Riddick escaped from the Humane Society - a five minutes drive from here - it took him 3 weeks to come back to where he had been hanging out for years.

hugs and hopes!

momcat
06-17-2007, 02:39 PM
The prayers for Sweetie Princess to find her way back to you continue.....