PDA

View Full Version : how to make my dog stop wetting

jaxxie11
07-18-2002, 12:43 PM
I have a 4 year-old teacup maltese, who is housebroken, so I thought. He still insists on wetting in the house, but only in certain places. Does anyone have this problem????? I can't take it anymore. He is such a good dog but this is driving me crazy!!!! Email's would be appreciated at [email protected]

lovemymaltese
07-18-2002, 01:28 PM
teacup maltese, I have a maltese also. I bet that pups a cutie. I was given advice from my vet to stop house wetting accidents. You take an empty soda can and fill it with about 10-15 pennies and tape up the top. When the dog makes a accident, you put their face near the accident (so they know why you are doing this)and shake the can and say no. It works, and it works well. I have adviced many people with this method and it has workedlike a charm everytime. The dogs hate the noise and do not want to do anything to hear it.

Another thing is dogs tend to use the restroom in the same areas. You should clean to area well (i.e shampooer) and then there is products on the market that can be sprayed that is non-toxic to pets/humans that deter pets from using the restroom there. Spray it in the spots that you notice he uses. I hope this helps. Keep of posted on the progress.

ChrisAK
07-19-2002, 12:30 PM
Teacup, if she is housebroken, and wetting now, then she may have a medical problem. Animals have this tendency to drink a lot of water when something is bothering them. Nature tends to want to flush their system out. If she is doing this excessively or more than normal take her to the vet, explain the situation and have them do an exam. This is a sign to the start of so many problems.

While she is there and you live close enough, go home, and place baking soda and an absorbant towel on the wet area to absorb the urine. Vacuum up and add more soda with a little water and repeat. Once you have all the urine up, then get an enzyme cleaner and spray the area, then let sit for a few minutes. Absorb with papertowels and let dry. You do not want your pet to notice you are interested in their spot. It does creat marking problems.

Hope this helps.

:p