PDA

View Full Version : Poor Corkscrew

Uabassoon
06-14-2007, 12:51 PM
I guess he has a UTI right now and he is not a happy camper. We went to the vet yesterday morning to get a urine sample done, the vet sent him home with antibiotics and some food before the results even came out because Corkscrew yelled the second he touched his bladder. The vet called this morning when I was in the shower with the results he said that there was some blood in his urine but other than that everything else seemed ok. He's supposed to call back later to actually discuss with me and see if I have any questions.

We tried to let Corkscrew out of the bathroom last night (I had him in there to monitor him) but first thing he did was just on the couch and try to pee, then he ran to a corner and tried to pee. So until the antibiotics start kicking in I guess he is going to have to stay in the bathroom which he is NOT happy about! Hopefully be feels better soon so he can come out and play again. I'll update when I actually get a chance to talk to the vet.

Randi
06-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Oh poor Corkscrew, he must feel terrible. :( I do hope the antibiotics will kick in soon!

Sending lots of positive thoughts and gentle scritchies, and please give him some kisses from me.

Cinder & Smoke
06-14-2007, 02:18 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

I guess he has a UTI right now and he is not a happy camper.
Corkscrew yelled the second he touched his bladder.

First thing he did was jump on the couch and try to pee,
then he ran to a corner and tried to pee.

I'll update when I actually get a chance to talk to the vet.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif

The "attempting to pee" with nothing being produced sounds like a
Urinary Blockage ... and not "just" a UTI.

Ask the Vet if he checked the urine for traces of "Crystals",
and/or if there's possibly a "stone" blocking his bladder.

Medusa
06-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Aw poor Corkscrew. My Puddy just had a UTI and she did the same thing except that she didn't jump on the furniture. But she had blood and clots in he urine. The antibiotics cleared it right up. He'll be fine but it's scary to see, that's for sure. We feel so bad for them. Hope he feels better really soon.

Laura's Babies
06-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Awww! Poor baby! I HOPE those meds kick in soon and give him some relief. It is so sad when they are in pain...

momcat
06-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Prayers are on the way for Corkscrew's speedy recovery, please give him some feel better scritchies from me?

catmandu
06-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Oh No Not Our Friend Corkscrew!!!
The Found Cats Are Sending Prayers To Thier Pal That The White Coats Can Unblock Him And That Corkscrew Will Be A Happy Healthy Cat Once More.

Uabassoon
06-14-2007, 05:43 PM
The "attempting to pee" with nothing being produced sounds like a
Urinary Blockage ... and not "just" a UTI.

Ask the Vet if he checked the urine for traces of "Crystals",
and/or if there's possibly a "stone" blocking his bladder.

On the message the vet said no crystals, and other than the blood everything else looked fine, but I will ask him when I actually am able to talk to him. We've been playing phone tag all day. Yesterday he was peeing in small amounts though, when we went to the vet his bladder wasn't very full as he peed in the carrier on the way over. I'm also checking the litterbox since he is isolated and he is peeing, today the pee biscuits do seem bigger than yesterday, they are still small in comparison to normal though.

krazyaboutkatz
06-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Poor Corkscrew.:( I hope it's nothing serious and that he'll feel better soon.

Taz_Zoee
06-15-2007, 12:16 AM
I hope you feel better soon Corkscrew. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-15-2007, 06:59 AM
Aw poor Corkscrew.... . It's no fun to being "locked up" in the bathroom ..... :(
I hope that the vet can make him better asap :)

shais_mom
06-15-2007, 11:46 AM
I hope he feels better soon!