PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian? (sensitive topic?)

pupper-lover
07-18-2002, 10:58 AM
Any vegetarians out there?

I believe that what a person eats is their own decision. I have eaten my share of animal products in the past, and I AM NOT JUDGING ANYONE HERE! I KNOW YOU ALL LOVE ANIMALS!

I'm not part of these groups (below), but anyone trying to help (peacefully) advocate the humane treatment of animals is a friend of mine. We've been hearing so much these days on horrible suffering of our animal friends. It nice to know so many people out there care.

The words below are taken from two different websites. They are not mine. I did find a lot of interesting and sad info on these sites. Don't worry, I did not post any horrible pictures or facts. The last paragraph has been edited out of respect for you all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HUMANE OUTREACH CAMPAIGN - The United States has one of the strongest animal welfare movements in the world. Thousands of volunteers help local humane societies insure that companion animals like dogs and cats are well-cared for. However, many of these animal advocates are not aware of the severe animal abuse which farm animals suffer.

This is why Vegan Action started a campaign to reach those already concerned about the treatment of animals in our society. They've developed a whole new package of literature, mailings, and presentations to reach humane societies, anti-cruelty societies, and to become a part of humane education classes. With their volunteers, they are reaching groups across the country, helping and encouraging animal advocates to adopt a humane diet.

Another note:

The Animal Welfare Act conveniently and unconscionably excludes livestock in its protection. If you and I were to treat our pets as livestock are treated, we would rightfully be arrested and thrown into jail. (I edited out this last sentence).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are interested in these sites, go to :

http://www.vegan.org/

http://www.all4vegan.net/

sirocco
07-18-2002, 11:16 AM
Thank you, Pupper-lover for this post and the links!! I am vegetarian, too!! I'd love to turn vegan, but here in Spain that quite is out of the question for now, it's difficult to find alternative food to milk, eggs, etc! I mean, if I ask in the supermarket, or even in dietetic food shops for tofu (hope that's the right way to spell it :o ) they wouldn't know what I am talking about!!! Anyway, I'll keep on trying to find some special food shop! :)

I also went veg when I thought how I'd feel if my cats were treated like livestock!! There is also another reason for being veg, some economists and food experts believe that the huge meat intake in the developed world (which isn't even healthy, there are lots of diseases caused by excessive meat intake) also has an adversal effect on the development of poor countries... but this is another question!! So, just relating to animals, yes, I must admit I only became concerned of eating meat when I had my cats!! I've also had my share of meat before... and NEVER dreamt of telling anyone what they should eat! I truly respect everybody's choice on that!! But it's fine to talk to some veg people from time to time!! ;) Maybe we should ask Karen for a new category to exchange recipes (now, that was just kidding :D ;) )

Thank you for the links again, I've already had a look at them before - quite a long time before, maybe I should check them again!!

Nita

zippy-kat
07-18-2002, 02:33 PM
I'm an on-again, off-again vegetarian. I'm not too keen on pork or fish. And while, I don't particularly care for beef (it upsets my all too picky stomach), every once in awhile I crave it. By far, the meat hardest for me to give up is chicken.

mugsy
07-18-2002, 02:45 PM
I'm not a vegetarian, but have considered it since Mike and I got involved in rescue, but I'm with zippy...I'm not sure I could give up chicken.

If anyone is interested, my nephew Chris, who lives in Charlottesville, VA has developed crackers called veggie crackers for vegetarians to substitute for animal crackers. He inadvertantly made them vegan since he forgot to put the egg in one of the batches and it turned out ok!! lol They developed little cutters that look like the different veggies. They're quite cute and pretty good...I took the sample that he sent me to school and my kids even liked them. I'm trying to think of the different varieties....corn, squash, pumpkin (I know it's a type of squash)...hmmm... I'll ask him what other flavors there are. He is marketing them, so if anyone is interested, I'll get you the info. I know he's been really busy for the last few months and hasn't done much with them.

popcornbird
07-18-2002, 02:46 PM
No, I'm not a vegetarian. I like chicken and lamb. Fish is okay, but its important for health so we do eat it often. Beef is eaten once in a while in our home, not more than once or twice a month. I respect your idea of not eating animals, but there are certain animals that God created for us to eat. Cat's, dogs, birds, and other pets cannot be treated as livestock because they were not created to be food for humans. Every animal has a purpose of creation and God knows what is best for us and the animals and both of our needs. God hasn't forbade us from eating meat in any of the holy books sent by God, or through any of the prophets. This is my belief, and although I love lambs, goats, chickens, and other farm animals, I know that it is not a sin to consume their meat. It is a sin, however, to kill them if you are not using them for food. I love goats, lambs, etc. and would even like to have them as pets.............(if I had them as pets, no one would be allowed to eat them!) :D Anyway, hope I didn't offend anyone. This is how I feel.

Kater
07-18-2002, 03:59 PM
I'm am newly converted vegan. I'm very happy with my choice! In the most basic sense I do it for the animals, the environment and my own health. I've had a few slip-ups admittedly, but I went from a omnivore to a vegan overnight. Whatever changes I’ve made have been helpful and important even if I regress at times.

pupper-lover
07-18-2002, 05:12 PM
Wow! It's interesting to read everyone's responses. I think it is great that we can have such different opinion’s, but feel comfortable sharing. I will definitely steer clear of religion. That is a very personal issue, that most likely will lead to a big nasty argument.

I am a recently converted vegan. I was vegan before, but that darn peer pressure got to me. I’m trying again, this time prepared for the ridicule of those who don’t understand. It has been years since I've eaten beef or pork, intentionally eaten them that is. Pork never tasted good to me, and I never really had lamb. However, I grew up eating steak for any and all special occasions. One day, I thought about the fact that cows, pigs, etc, were mammals and I was disturbed at the idea of eating them. I guess they were just too similar to my beloved pets (and humans). Poultry, fish, eggs, and dairy are still really hard to avoid.

I have done tons of research on nutrition, animal treatment, and environmental concerns. For me, the decision was for both health and ethical reasons. Whenever, I read anything on factory farming, I know I have made the right decision for me. No living creature should ever have to go through the immense pain that is commonplace in factory farming today. It just makes me cry. I miss the old family farms, where livestock were treated with respect. The quest for money always seem to cause so much pain.

It nice to meet a couple of new veg folks. They are few and far between here in Arkansas.

Those veggie crackers sound cute!

Thank you everyone for posting!

mugsy
07-18-2002, 05:49 PM
I just remembered another one....carrot!! Sheesh and that's the one we had!! lol

Gio
07-19-2002, 04:08 AM
I'm an on-again, off-again vegetarian.

Me too! None in the family are great lovers of meat and if we do have it it's mainly chicken, turkey or fish. When I buy ham for the cats as a treat :rolleyes: I sometimes steal a slice. I always try to get free range stuff as opposed to battery raised animals.

I have beef or pork on very rare occasion and mainly when I travel it's almost impossible not to eat meat in some countries, and I have to admit I sometimes enjoy it. There are certain types of meat that I will NEVER eat though.

I could never be a vegan as I could never give up cheese and yogurt.

AdoreMyDogs
07-20-2002, 09:18 AM
I am a vegetarian and have been for 8 years I think....maybe 9. I have never been a huge fan of fish, although it was hard to give up shell fish (crab, lobster, shrimp). It was also a bit of a challenge giving up chicken but it got easier as the first months went by. KFC was my favorite chicken, but it was really unhealthy anyway so that made it a little easier to give up (maybe just a little tiny bit easier :) )

Almost a year ago, I converted Graham to a completely raw diet so I had to buy meat for the first time ever. Although it's more expensive, I only buy the meats from a local Whole Foods Market, which sells only free range, organic meats. I am not against people who eat meat at all, but I am so disgusted and ashamed at the way we treat the food animals. I mean, cutting the beaks off baby chickens? Throwing the male chicks into trash cans and only allowing the baby girl chicks to live? Stringing chicken up by their legs on an assembly line to be slaughtered? Stuffing thousands upon thousands of (very terratorial) chickens into huge cages together, giving them less then 4 inches of room to grow up in? Forcing baby cow calfs and baby lambs to leave mom way too early and putting them in boxes so small that they are unable to stand up...so as to keep their meat tender.

I am honestly not against meat eaters at all. I was lucky to find a man to spend the rest of my life with who was also a vegetarian (and he still is) but the rest of my friends eat meat, and some of them even hunt.

When traveling to Canada a few months ago, we were driving along the country side and we saw huge, rollings fields with just a few animals living in them. With every farm I saw, the animals had a HUGE amount of range to run and play in before they had to be slaughtered. At least they were given dignity and they had a decent life before it was ended. If we in America treated our food animals with such respect then I would not be so unwilling to eat meat. I just can't see myself ever eating meat again. Not with the way the poor animals are tortured before they meet their untimely death :( It simply breaks my heart.

Puffin83
07-20-2002, 10:40 AM
I'm a strict vegan, but I don't mind that Fluff(George) eats meat because it is naturally an instinct of his, but he will only eat it if reduced into his kibble;)

slleipnir
07-20-2002, 11:11 AM
I am not a vegetarian. I don't mean to stirr anything up, but its my opinion to this. I feel that eatting meat is a natural part of life. I don't eat a lot, but enough to get what I need from it. If you look in the wild, animals do it all the time, and thats how god made them. I have nothing against people who wish to eat only veggies, thats how they see it. But who is to say veggys don't feel either? Just because they don't cry out, doesn't neccessarily mean they don't feel pain? Does it? I've been thinking about that a lot, and I don't know..does anyone else know?? Like, if scientists did some sort of experiment or something..I don't mean to make anyone mad..but thats how I feel about it..please don't that anything the wrong way :(

Treen
07-21-2002, 01:13 PM
I don't know about the whole vegetables feeling pain thing. I suppose wheras the pain and suffering of an animal is evident, you don't get much in the way of feedback from fruit and veg!

I'm a vegetarian and my philosophy is just that I don't eat anything I'm not prepared to get to my dinnerplate myself. If eating meat is natural instinct to animals or humans then to me that means they are happy to hunt themselves, not make an industry out of it so people don't have to think about what's involved in getting meat to your plate. I don't want to and couldn't, slaughter and butcher an animal so I don't feel it is natural for me to eat it. Maybe if I were desperately starving and my life depended on eating an animal, or even a person then I would, but as it stands now I have no need or desire to eat it and I like the fact that animals don't have to be killed for my benefit.

I don't feel the way the meat industry is generally run these days puts the welfare of the animals as a major importance - people have already mentioned some of the practises. I'd love to see that change. In the wild, animals that hunt take their prey from its natural habitat but the way we take meat from animals is entirely different and unnecessarily cruel. I know nature can be cruel but to me there's a difference when it's premeditated and commercial.

slleipnir
07-21-2002, 02:12 PM
If i had to kill my own meat, I couldn't eat it either because I just couldn't kill an animals. Technically I suppose I am by eatting some, but my not eatting will not save any lifes. I feel that we do not know much about the whole veggys/plants feeling pain, and we do not know for sure, they very well could be feeling pain and they just don't express it like animals. I don't eat a lot of meat, but I do eat enough to get the stuff I need from it.

aly
07-21-2002, 02:15 PM
I used to be a vegetarian but when I was diagnosed with diabetes, it was too hard for me to balance the diabetic diet and vegetarian diet.

I just had chicken cordon bleu for lunch and now I feel like throwing up after reading these messages. I think I am going to try the whole vegetarian diabetic thing and see how it goes. Maybe I can start eating so healthy that I wont even need insulin :D

Thanks for everyone's input. I have a new inspiration.

popcornbird
07-21-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Puffin83
I'm a strict vegan, but I don't mind that Fluff(George) eats meat because it is naturally an instinct of his, but he will only eat it if reduced into his kibble;)

Isn't it a natural instict of our's as well? I don't believe it is cruelty to eat meat because that's how God made us and many animals. If it isn't cruelty to give your kitty or pup a treat of beef or chicken, it isn't cruelty to treat yourself with meat every now and then as well. I don't have anything at all against vegetarians or their choice; its actually good for your health to avoid meat, but it is not bad for you to eat it once in a while. What my point is that you all are feeding your pet cats and dogs meat. Obviously, those animals have been killed to provide for for your animals. If animals can be killed for food for other animals, why can't certain animals be killed for food for ourselves? This is my opinion and I hope I didn't offend anyone. I just want to say what I personally feel on this matter. And of course, I'm a total animal lover; I love almost all animals including the ones that we eat......goats, lambs, cows, chicken, etc. But I don't believe its a sin to eat their meat because that's how God made us and many of our furry friends! :D

popcornbird
07-21-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I am not a vegetarian. I don't mean to stirr anything up, but its my opinion to this. I feel that eatting meat is a natural part of life. I don't eat a lot, but enough to get what I need from it. If you look in the wild, animals do it all the time, and thats how god made them. I have nothing against people who wish to eat only veggies, thats how they see it. But who is to say veggys don't feel either? Just because they don't cry out, doesn't neccessarily mean they don't feel pain? Does it? I've been thinking about that a lot, and I don't know..does anyone else know?? Like, if scientists did some sort of experiment or something..I don't mean to make anyone mad..but thats how I feel about it..please don't that anything the wrong way :(

I agree with you.

pupper-lover
07-21-2002, 05:30 PM
Interesting dicussion:). Well . . .

Our digestive tracts are long and rough and almost identical to a herbivore's. This type of digestive system is designed for a diet that consists almost entirely, if not completely, of plant based products. That's not to say our bodies are not intended to ever consume animal protein, but the human body is not designed to digest the amount of animal protein most people in the western world eat. When animal protein is broken down, it's "waste" is turned into carcinogens. Our long digestive tract traps the carcinogens. Some of it can be taken care of by the body, but excess amounts build up and can lead to cancer.

While, it may not be "unnatural" for animals to eat each other, there is nothing natural about factory farming. Animals are starved, suffocated, mutilated, ground up, electricuted, dragged, piled on one another, living in their own waste and the waste of other animals, and shot up with drugs to keep them alive. It's one thing to have cows grazing in a field and your own chicken to lay eggs for you, it's another thing to "process" an animal while it is still alive and is feeling every moment of the pain.

It would be interesting to find out if plants do feel pain, but since they do not have a brain or central nervous system (as far as I know?), I'm not sure how it would be possible. Animals do feel pain, and there is no doubt about that. That is why I am against the horrible treatment that occurs in factory farming. This abuse does occur in the beef, pork, poultry, egg, and dairy industries(this includes leather, wool, etc.).

I do not want my life to thrive on suffering and violence, in any form. The world will never be perfect. There will always be a war going on somewhere, a child starving, an animal being abused. For me, choosing not to support industries that blatantly abuse animals is a way of peaceful living. Every bite of meat I took was a reminder of the severe pain and humilation I was inflicting upon another creature. I couldn't live with myself knowing that I was causing so much pain to creatures so innocent. I could never look an animal in the face and kill it, so I why should I send someone else to do my dirty work for me?

We all have our ways of contributing to the world, and becoming a veg was mine. As a wise man once said, "I cannot do everything, but I can do something."

--- Disclaimer: My words are meant to inform, not attack! ---

popcornbird
07-21-2002, 06:01 PM
I am against the treatment of animals in large farms in the US. It is totally inhumane to starve animals, provide them with the least space, give them electric shocks, and kill them by machinery. Who knows how much the electric shock and mashine slaughter must hurt the poor animals. The country where I originate from does not treat livestock in this manner. They are often raised on family farms where they are loved and treated as their own pets during their life. When its time for them to go, our religion commands us to hand-slaughter them in the most humane way possible. There is a certain technique we use in slaughtering livestock, and any animal slaughtered in another way is unlawful for us to eat. For example, the meat sold at Safeway, etc. in the US is unlawful for me or anyone of my religion to eat. In the US, many people of our type have their own farms where they slaughter animals in the proper way and send the meat to certain stores. Those stores are where we buy our meat. The meat at Safeway and other stores is forbidden for us to eat because our religion forbade us from slaughtering animals in that manner. I do not like electric shocks either. I do not consider them humane. Thanks for the "nutrition lesson" Puppylover. I know that we are not created to eat too much meat, but we are created to eat some meat, which my family does. My family eats red meat once or twice a week and chicken 2 times a week. The rest of the days we eat veggies.

mugsy
07-21-2002, 06:54 PM
popcorn bird...where are you from?? What religion do you belong to...it sounds almost like Jewish and eating kosher meat. I would be interested in hearing more of the practices.

As far as our bodies, our teeth are that of omnivores, not herbivores or carnivores, nor do we have the stomachs of most herbivores, but, because we are able to choose, we can eat whatever we want.

A carnivore in the wild (which dogs and cats would obviously belong) has to kill animals in order to survive. We as humans have a choice whether we eat meat or not. Our bodies need protein in order to survive, and I know that some beans and other veggies have protein in them, but from what I can tell there isn't enough to build lean muscle mass effciently.

Just my take on the whole thing. What people want to eat is their choice and I'm not going to judge them one way or the other, and I'm so happy to see that no one on this thread is doing that...that's what makes it pleasant and interesting to read and hear others' views.

Thanks all for being so upbeat!!

Puffin83
07-21-2002, 07:33 PM
When I was younger I thought hot dogs were made out of male dog privates:eek: ;)

AdoreMyDogs
07-21-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by pupper-lover
Interesting dicussion:). Well . . .

Our digestive tracts are long and rough and almost identical to a herbivore's. This type of digestive system is designed for a diet that consists almost entirely, if not completely, of plant based products. That's not to say our bodies are not intended to ever consume animal protein, but the human body is not designed to digest the amount of animal protein most people in the western world eat. When animal protein is broken down, it's "waste" is turned into carcinogens. Our long digestive tract traps the carcinogens. Some of it can be taken care of by the body, but excess amounts build up and can lead to cancer.

While, it may not be "unnatural" for animals to eat each other, there is nothing natural about factory farming. Animals are starved, suffocated, mutilated, ground up, electricuted, dragged, piled on one another, living in their own waste and the waste of other animals, and shot up with drugs to keep them alive. It's one thing to have cows grazing in a field and your own chicken to lay eggs for you, it's another thing to "process" an animal while it is still alive and is feeling every moment of the pain.

It would be interesting to find out if plants do feel pain, but since they do not have a brain or central nervous system (as far as I know?), I'm not sure how it would be possible. Animals do feel pain, and there is no doubt about that. That is why I am against the horrible treatment that occurs in factory farming. This abuse does occur in the beef, pork, poultry, egg, and dairy industries(this includes leather, wool, etc.).

I do not want my life to thrive on suffering and violence, in any form. The world will never be perfect. There will always be a war going on somewhere, a child starving, an animal being abused. For me, choosing not to support industries that blatantly abuse animals is a way of peaceful living. Every bite of meat I took was a reminder of the severe pain and humilation I was inflicting upon another creature. I couldn't live with myself knowing that I was causing so much pain to creatures so innocent. I could never look an animal in the face and kill it, so I why should I send someone else to do my dirty work for me?

We all have our ways of contributing to the world, and becoming a veg was mine. As a wise man once said, "I cannot do everything, but I can do something."

--- Disclaimer: My words are meant to inform, not attack! ---

What a truly wise thing to say. I fully respect what you wrote and how you worded it. Very, very well done and very wise and kind. That is how I feel but you worded it so much better then me :)

aly
07-21-2002, 07:37 PM
Please don't tell me that vegetables feel pain... I'd have to starve to death because there would be nothing left to eat!!

popcornbird
07-21-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by aly
Please don't tell me that vegetables feel pain... I'd have to starve to death because there would be nothing left to eat!!

LOL!

Puffin83
07-21-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
First of all, there is no god, this is the cause of evolution. Evolution has been proven. Don't pretend it hasn't been. And because of the possibility animals(Some of them) developed hunting skills, finding it the first option, that they could run well...thus catching animals and finding that it was edible, yet another class first found that they could eat plants without interacting with other animals due to their lack of claws, speed, but they could use thir bulk or in some their speed to cause random selection. There is no god, evolution has been proven. Don't play dumb.

mugsy
07-21-2002, 07:52 PM
Aly you're such a weirdo!! lol:D :) :p

You know we love you though!!

Puffin83
07-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by aly
Thats it! We'll eat rocks!;) :D

mugsy
07-21-2002, 07:56 PM
I'm sorry to disagree with you Puffin, but that's what makes our world a great place to be, but I believe in evolution (being that I spent 4 years as a geology major, it would be pretty hard not to! ) AND I believe in God...I've never understood why the 2 have to be mutually exclusive. But, then we're getting off the entire jist of this thread, so I'll just leave it at that.

mugsy
07-21-2002, 07:57 PM
Do you prefer igneous, metamorphic, or sedimentary?? lol

Puffin83
07-21-2002, 08:00 PM
Because we have the option not to, poppy. There is no god. Random selection is the key here. You can't pretend that evolution hasn't been proven. It has, you know it. You just want to live forever in heaven, etc etc. Thats crap.

Puffin83
07-21-2002, 08:03 PM
You think your god created everything for the benefit of one species? Thats a bit far fetched, to say the least.

popcornbird
07-21-2002, 08:59 PM
Because we have the option not to, poppy. There is no god. Random selection is the key here. You can't pretend that evolution hasn't been proven. It has, you know it. You just want to live forever in heaven, etc etc. Thats crap.

There is God whether you believe so or not. I do NOT want to discuss this because if I do, I know there will be a huge argument, but let me make it clear, there is ONE God who created everything in this world including you and me. I never said that everything was created for one specie. That is a stupid thought. I don't want to get in a fight here, this is one of the most peaceful forums, and I hope none of us ruin that. Please do NOT respond to my post because it will start an argument. "By the way, I do not believe in crappy parts of evolution that man evolved from a monkey! LOL! Been proved? Yeah, whatever. Some parts of evolution are true, but a whole lot of it is crap that I would never put my faith in, even though I love the rest of biology. Please Puffin, do NOT respond.

Puffin83
07-21-2002, 09:11 PM
Alright, I must...Give your proof, Beelzebub. Don't play dumb, evolution and natural random selection have been proven. Admit it, mac. You know ye are wrong. You just can't accept the fact that you are not going to some heaven place...This is crap, you know it, but you live a lie.

The Cat Factory
07-21-2002, 09:11 PM
I'm a vegetarian, too. I'll occasionally eat meat (very rarley) No steak or chicken or pork or anything like that.

Puffin83
07-21-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

There is God whether you believe so or not. I do NOT want to discuss this because if I do, I know there will be a huge argument, but let me make it clear, there is ONE God who created everything in this world including you and me. I never said that everything was created for one specie. That is a stupid thought. I don't want to get in a fight here, this is one of the most peaceful forums, and I hope none of us ruin that. Please do NOT respond to my post because it will start an argument. "By the way, I do not believe in crappy parts of evolution that man evolved from a monkey! LOL! Been proved? Yeah, whatever. Some parts of evolution are true, but a whole lot of it is crap that I would never put my faith in, even though I love the rest of biology. Please Puffin, do NOT respond. Pop, remember all the National geographic issues about the link skulls,etc...You can't play dumb. Admit it.

popcornbird
07-21-2002, 09:17 PM
Alright, I must...Give your proof, Beelzebub. Don't play dumb, evolution and natural random selection have been proven. Admit it, mac. You know ye are wrong. You just can't accept the fact that you are not going to some heaven place...This is crap, you know it, but you live a lie.

I told you NOT to respond, and I know that I am absolutely right and you are the wrong and showing your ignorance. I'm sorry to say, but you are the one who is living a lie. I'll leave it at that. If you respond again, I won't respond because you are starting an argument. You just have to look at your pets to see how great God's creations are. It ain't good for your own soul to think the way you do, but I'm NOT going to post any messages to you anymore. So bye!
Karen, if you don't mind, I would appreciate it if you can delete these "arguing" posts. I don't want the politeness and friendliness of this site to be harmed. Thank you!

Puffin83
07-21-2002, 09:20 PM
Insecure about not going to some heaven and living forever stuff. Please, tell me why I am the ignorant one. Where is your proof? I honestly want to know. Christians:rolleyes:

popcornbird
07-21-2002, 09:21 PM
By the way, I'm not a Christian! No more posts for you.

Puffin83
07-21-2002, 09:22 PM
I see ye are not responding...Ha! There is no heaven or god...You are commiting one of your 'sins' Wanting to live forever...:D

Puffin83
07-21-2002, 09:23 PM
By the way, I'm not a Christian! No more posts for you. Okay, answer my question.

mugsy
07-21-2002, 09:34 PM
How about if we just drop this discussion and agree to disagree. No one is going to change anyone else's minds...nor should we try...that's what makes our country great...we're allowed to have our own opinions without being persecuted for them.

Let's get back to the matter at hand.

Cat Factory, if you sometimes eat meat, what kind do you eat? Could someone enlighten me for about the umpteenth time...I sometimes have a mind like a sieve, what exactly are the health benefits of vegetarianism?

Thanks in advance.

popcornbird
07-21-2002, 09:34 PM
I stay by my word. When I say no more posts for you, I mean NO MORE POSTS FOR YOU! I have tons of proof, zillion times more than you. But I said no more posts for you, and I mean it. Atheists :rolleyes: :mad:

Puffin83
07-21-2002, 09:36 PM
I stay by my word. When I say no more posts for you, I mean NO MORE POSTS FOR YOU! I have tons of proof, zillion times more than you. But I said no more posts for you, and I mean it. Atheists :rolleyes: :mad: Right, if you have so much proof, give some to me. Insecure...:o

popcornbird
07-21-2002, 09:37 PM
Popcornbird: A true believer in God and all of His Prophets.

"Sigh," Let's end this discussion! :rolleyes:

No offense but Puffin's the most annoying person I've ever met. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AdoreMyDogs
07-21-2002, 09:38 PM
This thread is not fun anymore. It's just not fun. I suggest Popcorn bird, and everone else involved in the heated discussion about RELIGION just ignore this thread from now on. That's the best way to end a fight. Just my 2 cents worth.

mugsy
07-21-2002, 09:39 PM
Pop, you never did tell me about the slaughtering process etc. Did I offend you??? If so, I apologize. I just fascinates me...I LOVE to learn about things I don't know...must be the teacher in me.

Thanks!!

Puffin83
07-21-2002, 09:39 PM
Popcornbird: A true believer in God and all of His Prophets.

"Sigh," Let's end this discussion! :rolleyes:

No offense but Puffin's the most annoying person I've ever met. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just gove me your proof and I will leave you alone.

popcornbird
07-21-2002, 09:40 PM
Yup, that right, time to IGNORE. Who cares about what Puffin says. :rolleyes: Our beliefs are ours and his beliefs are his.

popcornbird
07-21-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Pop, you never did tell me about the slaughtering process etc. Did I offend you??? If so, I apologize. I just fascinates me...I LOVE to learn about things I don't know...must be the teacher in me.

Thanks!!

I'm sorry I didn't, and no I wasn't offended. I just don't want to in front of Puffin. He will start a fight. :rolleyes:

Puffin83
07-21-2002, 09:50 PM

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE Technically thats not ignoring, and ye aren't talking because you can't accept that you live a lie.

mugsy
07-21-2002, 10:06 PM
That's ok pop...if you want to email me with the info, that would be fine too. Thanks for being willing to tell me about it.

Karen
07-21-2002, 10:52 PM
I closed this thread as it has gotten very far off the original topic, and become an argument.

We at Pet Talk try to respect each other, be friendly, and talk about our pets and our love for them, and their place in our lives.

Puffin's behavior in this thread is unacceptable. We should be able to have a polite, civil discussion on this board without name-calling.