PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Bracelets

sparks19
06-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Anyone seen these?

They are very popular around here and the Relay for Life also makes and sells them.

They are made from Crystals or Cat's eyes and it has the different colours for different Cancers.

Crystal-Lung
PUrple- Pancreatic
Orange-Leukemia
Gold-Childhood
Royal-Colon
Peach-Uterine
Teal-Cervical/Ovarian
Pink-Breast
Emerald-Lymphoma
Violet-all other cancers
Black-Melanoma
Light Blue- Prostate
Red- Multi Myeloma
Gray- Brain

They are really cool bracelets.... have you ever seen them around?

Cataholic
06-14-2007, 11:04 AM
WAIT! Before ANYONE responds, seek clarification that she is actually asking for your opinion.

sparks19
06-14-2007, 11:05 AM
WAIT! Before ANYONE responds, seek clarification that she is actually asking for your opinion.

Get a grip.

It's not an opinion if I am asking if anyone has seen them. it's a YES or NO question.

Are you going to p!ss and moan about cancer bracelets now? I'm sure they offend you in some way.

Stop being a grump and move on.

Whisk_Luva
06-14-2007, 11:12 AM
http://www.headcovers.com/prodimages/RA36PurpleRelay-Cancer-Awareness-Bracelet.jpg

Is this what you mean?

sparks19
06-14-2007, 11:21 AM
http://www.headcovers.com/prodimages/RA36PurpleRelay-Cancer-Awareness-Bracelet.jpg

Is this what you mean?

Yeah it's kind of like that except in all the different colors for the different kinds of Cancer.... but many people will choose one color for a specific cancer and make a bracelet like the one above.

We had a first friday event at the store and the customers bought Cancer kits to make and proceeds went to Relay for Life. It was a really popular event. We also made breast cancer bracelet kits.

But i have never heard of the multi cancer bracelets before until I moved here and almost everyone has one.

lizbud
06-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Nope, never did.

Whisk_Luva
06-14-2007, 11:32 AM
http://kiwijewels.com/p_images/bracelets/awareness/awareness_bracelet_cancer.jpg

Like this?

RedHedd
06-14-2007, 12:38 PM
These have been around for years. I wear a pink one as a breast cancer survivor. Lance Armstrong started it with the yellow bracelets for whatever cancer he had (I forget). You can get a whole selection of them here:

http://www.shanrene.com/

sparks19
06-14-2007, 12:49 PM
It's like this:

http://www.youngsjewelry.com/

it has all the different ones in one bracelet. I think they are really neat and I have never seen them before until just recently. :D

Is Relay for Life out where any of you are from or no?

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Everybody is entitled to have his own beliefs, but I think it is all fake. Just my opinion :)

caseysmom
06-14-2007, 01:00 PM
I think its a great way to honor someone who has succumbed to cancer or to show your support for someone who is battling cancer.

sparks19
06-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Everybody is entitled to have his own beliefs, but I think it is all fake. Just my opinion :)

I'm confused.... you think what is fake?

sparks19
06-14-2007, 01:09 PM
I think its a great way to honor someone who has succumbed to cancer or to show your support for someone who is battling cancer.

Yes that is the intention of the bracelet and they sell them to raise money for cancer awareness.... so it's kinda nice.

Flatcoatluver
06-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Those are really pretty, I haven't see them before.

king2005
06-14-2007, 01:20 PM

Your thinking of those copper one, that turn your skin green... this is for awareness/support only :D

This is the one I'd like to get..
Teal-Cervical/Ovarian

It gets all us women on my mothers side.. It got my sister at 18 & its now back :( I'm free so far, but its only a matter of time until it gets me

cmayer31
06-14-2007, 02:02 PM
I haven't seen the jeweled ones, but I am very familiar with the silicone ones. I have friends that wear the livestrong, Lance Armstrong foundation (http://www.livestrong.org/site/c.khLXK1PxHmF/b.2660611/k.BCED/Home.htm) , ones.

One of my close friends has a brother who is a quadriplegic and I will occasionally wear the Fore Pete’s Sake one that I received at one of the golf tournaments. It supports the quad foundation and I will always support them. I don’t like things around my wrist, but when I play in a golf tournament of go to a different foundation event I’ll wear my blue and green silicone quad band.

lizbud
06-14-2007, 04:23 PM
http://kiwijewels.com/p_images/bracelets/awareness/awareness_bracelet_cancer.jpg

Like this?

Oh oh, your'e busted. :)

lizbud
06-14-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm confused.... you think what is fake?

English is not Lut's native language Sparks. Might have thought it was
a medical thing to ward off these diseases. Like the copper bracelet to
help with arthritis, etc.

sparks19
06-14-2007, 04:28 PM
English is not Lut's native language Sparks. Might have thought it was
a medical thing to ward off these diseases. Like the copper bracelet to
help with arthritis, etc.

That's why I was asking. I did not want to clarify it and have it not be what she meant. Just wanted to make sure I understood correctly.

Whisk_Luva
06-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Oh oh, your'e busted. ;)

What do you mean?

lizbud
06-14-2007, 04:38 PM
What do you mean?

Your image came up with "I stole a copywrited image, shame on me"

AdoreMyDogs
06-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Oh oh, your'e busted. :)

Haha! I laughed when I saw that "shame on you" image :) Sorry for going off subject, that was just really funny.

Oh, and I have never heard of these bracelets. They're pretty :)

CountryWolf07
06-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Yes, my boyfriend wears a bracelet in honor of his father. It is light purple. He passed away last spring at the age of 50.

sparks19
06-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Yes, my boyfriend wears a bracelet in honor of his father. It is light purple. He passed away last spring at the age of 50.

Gosh that is terrible :(

It's nice that he wears that bracelet.

Relay for Life is a big thing around here.... is it big around your area? they really do a lot of great work for Cancer.

Scooter's Mom
06-14-2007, 11:34 PM
I need to get a pink one sometime.

Even if this mass I'm having removed and biopsied next week turns out not to be breast cancer... it sure has made me more aware.

Kfamr
06-14-2007, 11:43 PM
I've never been so confused about replies in a thread in my life. :confused: What's with the bickering? :confused:

The bracelets are a nice idea, but I've never personally seen them.

BC_MoM
06-15-2007, 01:24 AM
I've never been so confused about replies in a thread in my life. :confused: What's with the bickering? :confused:

I'm wondering the same.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-15-2007, 07:15 AM
Your thinking of those copper one, that turn your skin green... this is for awareness/support only :D

Aw thanks for clearing that up :) .

Whisk_Luva
06-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Your image came up with "I stole a copywrited image, shame on me"

Oh... I dont see that? I didnt even know it was copyright? I will change it to the link then not the pic.

sparks19
06-15-2007, 11:34 AM

The bracelets are a nice idea, but I've never personally seen them.

Meh don't worry about the silliness at the beginning.

Do you have "Relay for Life" where you are from? That is how I found out about the bracelets in the first place.... A lady that is on a RFL team came into the store to buy product to make the bracelets and now we sell the kits out of the store for them..... they are really popular around here and there are so many different relay for life teams in this area alone so words of these bracelets really spreads.

sirrahbed
06-15-2007, 04:27 PM
These have been around for years. I wear a pink one as a breast cancer survivor. Lance Armstrong started it with the yellow bracelets for whatever cancer he had (I forget). You can get a whole selection of them here:

http://www.shanrene.com/

I remember the yellow silicone Lance Armstrong bracelets and wore one for a year or so - I liked the idea. His was testicular cancer wasn't it? The yellow color was because that was the color of his jersey. Seems that this has continued to be popular though I had not seen the bracelets with the pretty Swarovski crystals and some ever spell out "Survivor" in letters. That site RedHedd posted above showed some bracelets for "mothers" with letter beads and one spelled out "Tyler" (my grandson) and that one caught my eye....sort of like the "mothers rings" I used to see that had birthstones for your children. Very pretty. I like the yellow cat's eye beads in awareness of missing children/Amber alert. It says 10% goes to charity and the prices are very good, I think.

I can never get the support colors straight though....pink for cancer, red for heart health - I think?? Isn't red also for AIDS awareness?