PDA

View Full Version : WOW I'm impressed

sparks19
06-14-2007, 10:24 AM
We just had a lady in the shop this morning and I was making her a pair of earrings. While I was working on them we were chatting about crafts and other such things....

She said her grandmother is 101 years old.... and as if that is not impressive enough on it's own.... she still does crochet, knitting, needle point and other crafty things. :eek: That amazes me. I hope I am doing half as well when I am half that age.

I know it's becoming more and more common for people to live past 100 but this woman just sounds so full of life and vigor.... It is so nice to hear she is able to still do the things she loves at such a grand age.

And apparently her 100th birthday was quite a hoot according to this customer.

It sounds like she has and is still living and loving life. God Bless her.

Laura's Babies
06-14-2007, 10:53 AM
I would have begged her to PLEASE bring her in so I could meet her and then ((((HUGGED)))) her to pieces when I met her! I LOVE old people and love hearing about how it was when they were little...

mina'smomma
06-14-2007, 10:55 AM
That is just too cool. I love to hear about elderly people who still do the things they love to do.

Edwina's Secretary
06-14-2007, 11:20 AM
I LOVE old people and love hearing about how it was when they were little...

Yes! First person accounts of history are so fascinating!

jackmilliesmom
06-15-2007, 11:24 AM
I love to hear it too. My grandmother up until she got sick a couple of years ago baked daily for all of her 13 children and 15 grandchildren who live in their own houses and she also made jams, quiches, and dinners and sauces - she should have been a chef but had a family instead. I have taken her flair for cooking and hope to be cooking for all of my family when I'm in my 80's and delivering them personally like she used to.

luvofallhorses
06-15-2007, 11:27 AM
that's awesome! :) My aunt has a grandmother who is around 95 and she is healthy as a horse! she doesn't need a walker or anything. she's so nice, too.

sparks19
06-15-2007, 11:30 AM
I love to hear it too. My grandmother up until she got sick a couple of years ago baked daily for all of her 13 children and 15 grandchildren who live in their own houses and she also made jams, quiches, and dinners and sauces - she should have been a chef but had a family instead. I have taken her flair for cooking and hope to be cooking for all of my family when I'm in my 80's and delivering them personally like she used to.

WOW..... that's a lot of people to cook and bake for :D who needs a restaurant when you have a catering business. Good for her.

My Grandmother and Grandfather are almost in their 90's and they still live in their own place and take care of themselves. It's amazing to me how young they still seem to be.

Blue_Frog
06-15-2007, 12:10 PM
The vivacious older folks are great -- my nana is 87 years old, and still does a lot of the catering and helps run tournaments at the legion. She also bakes the most delicious lemon merangue pies (which is NOT helping me to lose weight). I'm lucky that she lives fairly close, so I get to see her on a regular basis. She can out dance and out party most of my family. Even my moms BF's mom, who is in her late 80s and has lost most mobility on her right side still bakes all the time, and won't let her age (or disabilitly) get her down at all.

Heres a picture of my Nana and my sister at my birthday dinner a couple weeks ago -- 'raising the roof'

:D (sorry for the blurry quality, i don't always take the best pics!)

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/raise.jpg

sparks19
06-15-2007, 12:15 PM
LOL Alison.... you are the best. I love that picture.

Taz_Zoee
06-15-2007, 12:47 PM
This just reminded me of the past episode of Miami Ink. A 80 year old woman came in to get a her first tattoo. She got a pretty A on her shoulder, for her name Annie. She said she wanted the tattoo because she lives alone and incase of a hurricane or what ever, she wanted to be able to have her body identified. Ami did the tat and absolutely loved her. It was cute. :D

*LabLoverKEB*
06-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Wow, now that is incredible! Yes, God Bless her!