PDA

View Full Version : worrying times.....family health issues...

carole
06-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Well i have not been on PT that much lately, just a stop by now and then and a post or two, my health has not been the greatest, but now i am much better,having also found out i have very low iron, and that was contributing to a lot of my problems.

Now i have a very sick daughter, we suspect glandular fever, but the first test was negative and now we need to wait till next thursday for another one to be done, Melissa has been terribly unwell, and exhausted,she has all the symptons, just have to wait and see what the blood results show up, i have never seen my girl so sick, has been like this for nearly two weeks now, i remember my son having it ,but he was not quite so ill.

My son is going in on monday for biopsy to his arm, has had a horrible infection going on for over two months, not responding too well to antibiotics, so depending on that , he may need surgery to remove what could be a cyst, the doctor really is not sure.

So everyone if you could pass on some good vibes to my family i would appreciate it very much, i know PT always make me feel better at worrying times like these, thanks in advance.

Kfamr
06-13-2007, 10:50 PM
So sorry Carole. You're not doing too well yourselves and neither are your "babies" but please remember to make sure you're doing alright, too.

{{HUGS}} I will keep you in my thoughts.

Kay

cmayer31
06-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Wow, that really is a lot going on right now. I'm sorry to hear about the health issues and will keep you and your family in my thoughts. I hope everyone makes quick recoveries and heals up!

jazzcat
06-13-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you and your family are having such bad health problems. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

K9karen
06-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Oh Carole, I'm so sorry. When it rains, it pours.

You and your family will be in my prayers for quick solutions and speedy recoveries. HUGS

Vela
06-13-2007, 11:25 PM
I sure hope you find out for sure what's causing your daughter's illness and you guys can get her on the road to recovery. Prayers and good wishes sent your way that thing improve soon.

Karen
06-13-2007, 11:32 PM
You and all your family will be in our prayers. Sending hugs way southward!

dukedogsmom
06-13-2007, 11:41 PM
I'm so sorry. It seems when it rains, it pours. I hope everything improves with you soon. Come here for support any time you need it.

Lilith Cherry
06-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Please add my thoughts and good wishes too, Carole! We all worry so much about our kids that it can make us sick also so take care of yourself .

davidpizzica
06-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Well i have not been on PT that much lately, just a stop by now and then and a post or two, my health has not been the greatest, but now i am much better,having also found out i have very low iron, and that was contributing to a lot of my problems.

Now i have a very sick daughter, we suspect glandular fever, but the first test was negative and now we need to wait till next thursday for another one to be done, Melissa has been terribly unwell, and exhausted,she has all the symptons, just have to wait and see what the blood results show up, i have never seen my girl so sick, has been like this for nearly two weeks now, i remember my son having it ,but he was not quite so ill.

My son is going in on monday for biopsy to his arm, has had a horrible infection going on for over two months, not responding too well to antibiotics, so depending on that , he may need surgery to remove what could be a cyst, the doctor really is not sure.

So everyone if you could pass on some good vibes to my family i would appreciate it very much, i know PT always make me feel better at worrying times like these, thanks in advance.
Oh. Carole! Pittsburgh prayers and thoughts go out to you and Melissa and your son for his arm. I know what worrying about health issues is like. I'm not sure if you know this, but I now have a serious heart problem. It's called Atrial Fibrillation, which the top half of my heart doesn't beat right resulting in an irregular heartbeat. I'm on a blood thinner, Coumadin, where I have to worry about bleeding a lot. Again Carole, I'll keep your family in my prayers.

gini
06-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Carole, how worried you must be about your children. But we have missed you and I am glad that you stopped by to tell us what is going on in your life.

You have my prayers that all will soon be well with your children - but especially you!

Let me send you a large hug too......................

wombat2u2004
06-14-2007, 06:11 AM
Hi Carole, I was wondering where you had gone.
Sorry to hear about the fams health probs.
Keep up that Kiwi spirit mate !!!
Wom

Cinder & Smoke
06-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Hi God ~

Kan we get sum Help fur Miz Carole an her SkinKids?

They're all "down" onna udder side uvva Durt Ball ... an all feelin poorly. :(
We'll send sum Purrayers, an do sum Paw & Klaw Krossin ...

Please get 'em Fixed Up.
THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

ChrisH
06-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Oh, Carole, I'm sorry to hear of you and your family's health problems. Prayers and good thoughts on the way.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/Hugs2.gif

Just remembering how, many years ago, my son came off a motorbike and damaged his arm. His elbow was out of joint and he had what just seemed like a bad gash but some sort of infection set in - won't go into detail but it was vile - that just would not, despite treatment, heal. I remember the doctors saying it was some sort of blood infection. Even today you can see the hole/depression in the skin where it was.

sparks19
06-14-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm so sorry for you and your family Carol. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I have never heard of glandular fever but it sounds awful and I hope your daughter gets to feeling better soon :(

and I hope your son doesn't need surgery but if he does I hope it goes very well and he gets better quick.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-14-2007, 08:21 AM
You can count on me, Carole! :)

Laura's Babies
06-14-2007, 08:39 AM
Prayers sent for you and yours! You have been missed but take care of yourself and the family so everyone can get well and things get back to normal.

sirrahbed
06-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Oh Carole, I am sorry to read about all the illnesses that your family is dealing with right now. I know that you are feeling tired and that with your health trouble, having your kids feeling ill also is overwhelming at times. I have said a prayer for all of you.

Cataholic
06-14-2007, 09:49 AM
That is a lot to handle. Like Kay said, make sure you take as good of care of yourself as you can, to better be there for your children.

mina'smomma
06-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Vibes and wellness as well as prayers heading your way from Central MI

moosmom
06-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Thoughts and good vibes coming your way over the water! ;)

Logan
06-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Carole, I'm so glad you know at least some of what was contributing to your own health problems. Now you can spend 100% of your time worrying about your children! That is what we moms do best! :p

I will definitely remember you and your family in my prayers.

Logan

Edwina's Secretary
06-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Carole...I had noticed your absence and wondered...sorry to hear it is due to such worries.

My thoughts and hopes are with you and your family!

Jadapit
06-14-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm sorry your having to deal with so much. Like the others said, take care of yourself. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

Randi
06-14-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your family health problems, I hope you'll all be fine soon! :)

Sending lots of positive thoughts for you all.

((((hugs))))

joycenalex
06-14-2007, 06:04 PM
prayers for you and yours carole.

lizbud
06-14-2007, 06:15 PM
I also wanted to offer prayers for healing for all the family.This sounds like
a difficult time for you. Postitive thoughts & prayers coming for you all.

Anita Cholaine
06-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Carole, I'm so sorry to hear about this...
Tons of positive vibes are being sent for you and your family {{{HUGS}}}

carole
06-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Thank you so much everyone, your posts were really uplifting and just what i wanted to hear right now,yes it is a difficult time right now, but i am sure it will pass and hopefully all will be back to normal soon, Melissa had a reasonable day yesterday and seems a little improved, having said that she can crash at any time, but the glands that were huge in her neck are much smaller, surely that can only be a good sign, she has such puffy eyes and looks as white as a ghost sometimes, and others all hot and flustered when the temp starts rising, the night sweats are no fun at all for her, and sleeping is not easy,but i feel happier seeing a slight improvement, she is getting a bit cheeky too, that is always a good sign lol.

Yes we all know that feeling, it never rains but it pours, i have further worries about my niece as well, but won't go into it here until we know what is going on with her health issues .

I am glad that i am feeling better, as i am not sure i could have coped with all of this the way i was feeling.

I really appreciate the support and caring that you all give me, that is why i stopped by as i really needed some from my fellow pters.

David my big Bro, yes i am sorry to hear about your serious heart condition, i am just glad it has been picked up and they are getting you on the right medication, my thoughts are with you too my dear friend, take care of yourself too won't you.

And to anyone else having a hard time right now, remember Pters are the most giving, caring wonderful people in the world, who will indeed bring tears to your eyes ,but at the same time make you smile and feel so much better about everything, thanks again my lil treasures, you mean such a lot to me.cheers. :)