PDA

View Full Version : Bird Rescue PLEASE HELP NEED ADVICE!

92iRho
06-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi all,
Just joined this forum because I saw a similar question posed but I can't find the link for it. Basically, two baby birds fell out of their nest a few days ago and one was already dead by the time I noticed. The other one is alive but it really started pouring and it usually hangs out on my porch. I can hear the mother calling to it from somewhere above (too high to reach though), and I really don't know what to do! Can someone please advise me? My porch is built at an angle (stupidly), gathering all the rain water right along the side of the house and the damn bird won't move from his spot which is now covered in water. All the women in my house are worried and asked me what to do so I really hope someone can tell me. I tried feeding it some bread crumbs but it keeps screaming at me when I get too near. I haven't touched it because I remember reading somewhere that you aren't meant to touch them or their mother won't take them back. I noticed that it is trying to fly but still doesn't know how. Every time I walk in and out of my house I see it and it's really starting to frustrate me because I don't know what I can do to help it. Also there are cats prowling around and I'm scared it might get eaten. PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

Karen
06-13-2007, 08:07 PM
It is a myth that if you touch them the mother won't take them back. If you can do so, return the bird to the nest, be sure to wear sleeves and gloves in case mommabird decides to "defend" the nest from you.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-14-2007, 10:33 AM
If you have a washing line try hanging a box on it with food and water for the baby bird - put birdie in it then leave well alone.

The cats won't be able to get into the box and Mum will have somewhere to feed her little one until it can fly