PDA

View Full Version : Sad news .... but then The Circle of Life ...

kimlovescats
06-13-2007, 12:45 PM
First of all, during my absence from PT, I have had to lose 2 of my kitties. Little Bobo was literally a walking skeleton and my vet could not ever determine why. The final decision was to humanely have him PTS before his major organs began shutting down. Harder still than that, I had to make the same painful decision to have my beloved Dexter PTS as well. His mouth was so severe, and he was in excrutiating pain. :( We had done a cleaning, tried the steroids and everything my vet could suggest to no avail. We could not watch him suffer in pain any longer. He had lost weight and his beautiful coat was in horrible condition from the infection from his mouth. It was terribly hard to watch him go on that table, as he was one of my first rescues form our high kill shelter. :(

Here are my newest RB babies ......

Bobo:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Bo%20Bo/8.jpg

Dexter in better days:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Dexter/DexTonguePic.jpg

These two were PTS on April 3rd. I went from 11 kitties down to 9 in one sad day. As the circle of life would have it, my friend who is up to her ears in kittens (kitten season) sort of pushed this one little boy on me, who looks very much like my Dexter must have when he was a baby. I resisted for a few weeks, then she sent me another e-mail about him. Finally, my daughter Amanda and I decided that in honor of Dexter, we could take this little scrawny guy in. Amanda named him Daxter in honor of our beloved boy. He is extra thin, but we are working on that. We brought him home on June 2nd ... just 2 months after our loss. So, we have not increased our limit, we still are at 10 where we were at 11 before. I am committed to holding at 10 though. It is a comfortable number for both me and the kitties.

Ok, so please welcome baby Daxter. Don't know about you, Lori, but I see a baby Ripley in him! ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Img_1093.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Img_1088.jpg

Killearn Kitties
06-13-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Bobo and Dexter, but little Dexter Jnr is super cute. :)

lvpets2002
06-13-2007, 12:48 PM
:( I am so so sorry for your loss Kim.. I know it was for sure very hard to watch your babies being so ill.. RIP wittle ones.. May the RB Angels take you both now to Corinna GodMother & to be with all the other Beloved PT Angels..

Pawla
06-13-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm so sorry about your loss. I lost one of mine on March 5th, due to the pet food recall. It is so hard. Your babies were beautiful, and Daxter is super cute.

Grace
06-13-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. It's the most difficult decision to make.

Daxter is a doll!!

Medusa
06-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Daxter is a doll baby! You're right, it's the circle of life, and as difficult as it can be sometimes, there are so many other furbabies out there that need love and attention. Bless you for taking in Daxter and know that my prayers are w/you in your time of loss and grief. Your Bobo and Dexter are at peace and I hope you have found some as well.

RedHedd
06-13-2007, 01:34 PM
So sad to hear of your loss of Bobo and Dexter.

Baby Daxter looks mischievous! :D I bet he's keeping you on your toes!

catfamily
06-13-2007, 01:40 PM
10 is a great and easy bunch to care for.I'm glad you added a little guy to your bunch. :)
sorry for your lossess. :(

Randi
06-13-2007, 01:41 PM
So sorry you have lost Bo Bo and Dexter, but you were right not to let them suffer any longer. Keep the good memories in your heart.

Rest in peace, sweet little ones, and then play happily on the RB.

What a little cutie Daxter is, I'll be looking forward to see him grow up. :)

kimlovescats
06-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Thank you all. Little Daxter was born right about the time that my Dexter was PTS. I got him 2 months after that day, and he was approximately 8 weeks old. Coincidence? I don't think so! :)

smokey the elder
06-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Aw, I'm so sorry about your babies. Congrats on your new addition, though. What a cutie pie!

Kirsten
06-13-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm very sorry about the losses of Bobo and Dexter, Kim. May they RIP.

Little baby Daxter is cute, and I'm sure he will do what he can to help you deal with the losses.

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
06-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Kim!! ((((HUGS)))) I have missed you so much! I knew something was wrong and was hoping it wasn't anything like this! OH MY GOD... I sent you a email telling you I had you on my mind so strong and tried several times to call you from the boat while I was out the last time... (I WISH they would put us up more cell towers out there!) I am so sorry for your loss! Terriably, terriably sorry...

BUT, nothing helps like having a kitten in the house to ease the pain and Daxter is just PURRRFECT! Man! How many times have I said "when the timming is right".... things happen! No, Daxter was sent to you to help ease the pain and we all know that! What a looker he IS! He is just far to adoreable and he will turn into a fine boy cat one day and ease all your grief.. NOW.... I can't wait for the Daxter stories and pictures!!!

Donnaj4962
06-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Oh Kim, I am so sorry for your losses. Two in one day, that had to be heartbreaking. (((hugs))) to you and your family.

Congratulations on Baby Daxter! He sure is a cutie pie! I am sure he is full of fun and is very mischievious.

Keep sending those pictures! How are the rest of your furbabies?

Sevaede
06-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Kim, I am so sorry for the loss of Bobo and Dexter. At least you can take solace in that they are not in pain and you did the best for them! :( :)

I must say, little Daxter baby is just a cutie pie! :D

Roxyluvsme13
06-13-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm so sorry about Dexter and Bobo. :(

Daxter is a cutie!

Prairie Purrs
06-13-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm so sorry that Bobo and Dexter had to leave you. How very difficult it had to have been to let them go, even knowing that there was no other choice. RIP, handsome boys.

And welcome to adorable little Daxter. He's just delightful!

Kalei
06-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Kim I hope you know that you did the right thing and that
Bobo and Dexter are now very happy at the rainbow bridge with no problems, just healthy happy bodies playing with all the other kitties that are waiting for their loved ones someday.

And I don't think it was coincidence that little Daxter was born about the time that Dexter was put to sleep, I think you were meant to have this beautiful guy and maybe he has a little bit of Dexter in him:) He is a beautiful looking kitty!

orangemm
06-13-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm so very sorry to hear about Dexter & Bobo; (((hugs))) to you and may they play together at the RB. I know you are incredibly sad, but maybe your new addition will bring a smile to your face.

Daxter is adorable! I hope he brings you lots of joy and you will be able to remember your babies with a lighter heart.

catmandu
06-13-2007, 05:07 PM
Kim I Have Heard That Bobo And Dexter Are Happy Now In The Pet Angel Army.
Since April 3rd They Have Been In Las Vegas , India , Tokoyo And Now Beijing China!!
Will Tey Have Some Stories To Tell You And Places That You Can Visit Together When You Are Reunited In Love. I Know That You Will Have A Wondreful Time Together.
One Fine Day.

Logan
06-13-2007, 05:08 PM
You are a thoughtful and wonderful mom, Kim. :) I am so sorry for your loss, but I am grateful that you were unselfish and knew what to do, when you needed to do it.

You new baby is precious. I hope he helps to heal your heart.

Logan

K & L
06-13-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm so sorry to read this Kim, but happy for little Daxter. Hang in there girl!

jennielynn1970
06-13-2007, 05:27 PM
This has been a sad spring for kitties.. RIP Dexter and Bobo. Play hard at the Bridge, and be happy and healthy again.

I'm so glad you found Daxter! He is a cutie pie!

jazzcat
06-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Oh Kim, you've suffered so many losses. I know losing Dexter was especially hard and little Bobo too. I'm so sorry.

For a more positive note, Lil' Dax is adorable and yes, he looks very much like Ripley did at that age. For your sake I hope the resemblence ends at that! Ripley was full of spit and vinegar and about killed me.

Congrats on your newest baby!!!!

Freedom
06-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Hi Kim, I missed you too! Glad to see a post from you.

So sorry to read about Bobo and Dexter. They lived a loving live with you and your family. It was a special time for all of you to be together, and now they moved on as they are needed elsewhere. They will always live in your heart.

Dax, oh boy, Daxter handsome guy, you are in a for a treat living in a PT home!

Bengalz
06-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Kim,

I'm so sorry about Dexter and Bobo. You did your best and now they're whole again. I'm sure they had something to do with that little cutie Daxter coming into your life :) Dexter and Bobo didn't want Mommy to have too much time to be sad so they made sure she was busy with a widdle baby to love.

Hugs, Betty

kimlovescats
06-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Thank you for all the nice words. I was very resistant to taking on another cat ... especially a baby, so I do believe that Daxter came into my life for a purrpose! ;)

Kim

Vermontcat
06-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear that both Bobo and Dexter have gone to the Rainbow Bridge. :(
Daxter is adorable and I hope he helps you heal and brings happiness back into your life after the loss of two of your furkids. :)
I'm sending hugs your way and Samantha sends headbumpies and purrs to you. ;)

Taz_Zoee
06-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Welcome back Kim. I am sorry to hear about your losses of Bobo and Dexter. That had to be a very difficult decision, but it was the best thing for them.

Daxter is just too adorable!! I can't wait to watch this litte guy grow up. :D
This is an mixed emotion thread. Sad and happy all at the same time.

:)

krazyaboutkatz
06-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Welcome back Kim.:D I'm so sorry to hear about Dexter's and Bobo's passing.:( RIP sweet kitties.:(

Little Daxter sure is adorable and I look forward to watching him grow up.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-14-2007, 04:35 PM
So sorry to hear about Bobo and Dexter. Dexter was always one of my favorites with his tipped ear. :(

But welcome to Baby Dexter! :D