PDA

View Full Version : Cockroach!!!

king2005
06-13-2007, 11:30 AM
The filthy thing touched me!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

I'm so grossed out its not even funny!!! Its like my first place here in the GTA all over again & now I work with these nasty things!!!

I ended up chasing the bugger all over my desk & down the computer cables.. I got him into an open space & attacked him with a cleanex... all his insides popped out, but its still wiggling on the tissue!!! *PUKE*

I'm going to keep it, so they know which breed they are dealing with... Its a common one, as its the one with a yellowish patch on its back by its neck... I think its called the golden cockroach & the other common one is the brown cockroach.. I lived with both & was horrified... filthy filthy filthy things!

& its still wiggling EWWWW!

Catty1
06-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Memorize the markings and FLUSH the sucker! :eek:

DJFyrewolf36
06-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Cockroaches aren't really all that dirty as far as critters go ;) but I do agree they are GROSS! We don't get the big ones here, and the small ones are a rarity. When I lived on the east coast, I got my first live glimpse at big ones and boy did I freak out. Im not ashamed to admit I screamed like a little girl :o

king2005
06-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Memorize the markings and FLUSH the sucker! :eek:

I went to the 10th floor to see HR (I'm not sitting with them anymore, sigh) & they were all gone... So I went to the lunch room & found Alex. He came to my desk to look at it. He said the markings looked like the ones you keep as a pet :eek: He said there was one spotted a year ago & no others. He said the building checks monthly for bugs & mold. He said he'll let the building know, so they can do a closer look at our floor, just to make sure. I'm to keep an eye out cause if I spot more then one, then thats a problem. He said the building said seeing one a years or so is not uncommon, as people bring them in by accident.

This whole building isn't a good enviroment for them, as the building is kept clean & has food rules.

So I'm relieved that I shouldn't see anymore, as I'd hate to have them come into our new place.

luckies4me
06-13-2007, 06:17 PM
I love roaches!!! Even keep them as pets. Of course, these are rare species and nothing like common roaches that infest apartments, but still. :p

I used to get so mad at my mother for killing the baby roachies in our house when I was a young girl.

I also used to go out and catch the water bugs, the really big roachies to keep as pets. I've been fascinated with them all my life. :D

wombat2u2004
06-14-2007, 06:16 AM
I've heard that you can actually buy them to eat.
They come all fried crispy, stuck on little sticks ready to pop in your mouth and chew up !!!!!
Heck.....I'd be worrried about the legs getting caught between my teeth.
Wom

karyn674
06-14-2007, 07:03 AM
I could have any living thing as a pet except cockroaches! I hate them, and can't even get myself at killing them...........they are just impredictible....and fly!!!!!

When I was in thailand 2years ago I was amazed how they actually eat these yakky stuff! Its disgusting!

In Cambodia on my first night saw a huge one in my room and went for the guy in reception. He caught it alive......wiggling in his hand :confused: Then I checked under the bed and saw something else moving and called the guy again.........He caught 13 from under there :eek: For nearly two months I managed not to get these bugs up and close to my skin, except for my last night when I had to fly back home. Left the backpack at the hotel and when we went to retrieve it late at night, my husband told me that the place where the packs where was infested by them. Kicked my pack several times but nothing came out ....until I unzipped a pocket and felt something on my upper arm moving fast.............and that was it! I was screaming jumping in the reception, throwing my arms in air as if I'm a mad woman. To make things worse the cab drivers that where sleeping in the reception, when they realized what happened started laughing at me and making fun :mad:

I HATE THESE BUGS!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-14-2007, 08:26 AM
Pets :eek: , for food :eek:
Omg, not for me :D :rolleyes:

IRescue452
06-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I love the little buggers. I prefer those who don't fly though. Hissers are very expensive at local pet stores though so it will be a while before I have them again.

sirrahbed
06-14-2007, 08:38 AM
I wonder why it is that cockroaches gross so many people out - me included. I looked at Karyn's pictures and tried to study them without flinching...but I can still feel my flesh crawl. The first time I ever saw a cockroach was when I was a young mom and we lived Nebraska - we had to stay at a motel that was grungy and cheap. That place was full of the little brown roaches. I was disgusted but did not freak or anything. Then we moved to Louisiana and THAT is where I think I learned to hate those bugs. They were the huge kind that fly :eek: The memory I can never get rid of was when I was taking a shower and felt something tickling at my ankle.....guess he was trying to cling to me for safety from the water. Maybe he came up from the drain...I know I must have screamed and probably went running naked to flee. (talk about scary! ;) )

My kids know that I hate the bugs and I suppose it was when they were young that I passed along my fear of roaches. A couple years ago, Jason & Devon (sirrahved) were staying here at the house. I was AGAIN, taking a shower and saw this huge roach in the stall :eek: I screamed and ran. Hubby came in and caught the bug and flushed it....we were probably both remembering those buggy years in Louisiana and thinking how they had followed us to Ohio.......well it turns out that Jason & Devon had bought this plastic bug at a dime store and put it there as a joke. Well, they sure got a reaction at of me. They couldn't believe we actuallu flushed it - about died laughing :D

king2005
06-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Cockroaches = filth when they are living in your home... I disslike filth so seing them is bad...

I don't hate them as a bug.. I'd have one as a pet if I could.. but NOT living wild in my house! yuck

Could never eat one either ewwww