PDA

View Full Version : Flat tire *RANT*

CathyBogart
06-13-2007, 02:26 AM
G$&*)#$%^!(&IT!

A few days ago I was backing out of my parking spot when I heard a *CRUNCH*. I looked on the ground and saw the smashed up pieces of a squirt gun. Apparently someone thought it would be funny to stick it under my tire and have it get smashed. Today the tire than ran over the squirt gun went flat. I'm thinking it's got a slow leak because I could feel yesterday that something was off.

I flew completely off the handle, even for me....I filled up my tire, went home, gathered up the pieces of the squirt gun and brought them to my landlord. I told him I wanted to find out who did it, and I wanted their parents to pay to fix my tire. YES I know I can get it fixed for around $15, but that's not the point.

Money has been a touchy subject lately. I have $5 in my checking account, and every penny coming in to me is budgeted for SOMETHING. It sucks, and if Jasper gets sick I'm going to have to sell my computer and/or the car. I don't need some little BRAT taking money out of my grocery budget!

I told my landlord that if it happens again I'll charge the little monster with vandalism, but he knows how I'm doing financially so he knew I was just blowing off steam. I really really really REALLY hope he finds them and they pay to fix my tire.

Why do people just let their little kids run around unattended? It seems to me that the fact that it's a gated complex doesn't mean that their kids don't need supervision!

The other day they were taking turns riding on the gate as it slid open and shut....despite the sign with the big diagram of a person getting crushed in the gate on it! One lady even props the gate open so her toddler can wander around OUTSIDE of the complex. By the busy street where we've had four hit-and-runs this year. Pure genius at work, I tell you.