PDA

View Full Version : How often should i bath Reggie...

Hellow
06-12-2007, 09:20 PM
... because she dosent go outside much and i have a small bathtub so the less the better. I love her but it is a pain to wash her in a bathtub because she shakes off and the drain gets stopped up with fur.

tikeyas_mom
06-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Well cuz pugs are little pigletts I would bath him about once a month.. More if you desire, but he may get itchy if you overbathe him.... But I dont know one Pug who likes to be bathed... I would take him to a local groomer..

Hellow
06-12-2007, 09:44 PM
No she loooooooves to be bathed. thanx for the advice.

Tollers-n-Dobes
06-12-2007, 09:49 PM
I bathe mine every 2-4 weeks, depending on the dog. I can't stand for them to go any longer than 4 weeks though, regardless of how dirty they are. As long as you use a quality, mild shampoo, it doesn't really matter how often you bathe a dog.

Catlady711
06-13-2007, 11:46 PM
As long as you use a quality, mild shampoo, it doesn't really matter how often you bathe a dog.

Actually you should never bathe any animal more often than once every 2 weeks or it dries out their skin possible resulting in skin infections.

Kfamr
06-13-2007, 11:51 PM
My dogs get bathed weekly to every 2 weeks. Kiara gets less baths because she's constantly in the pool.

I use an "all natural" shampoo so we don't experience any problems mentioned previously. A good shampoo shouldn't cause you problems. :)