PDA

View Full Version : Age limit for youth of today????

sparks19
06-12-2007, 06:16 PM
I have seen a lot of "the youth of today" talk lately....

I just want to know what the age cut off is for the youth of today? When are you not considered a youth of today anymore? When are you considered a youth of yesterday? when are you considered just plain old?

what are the age requirements on this?

caseysmom
06-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Your considered just plain "old" when you start saying phrases like "the youth of today" :D

Laura's Babies
06-12-2007, 06:19 PM
I would say it is when you star saying "I remember when......"

king2005
06-12-2007, 06:20 PM
in my eyes you stop being a youth when you live on your own.. so I became an adult when I was 18yrs old.

sparks19
06-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Your considered just plain "old" when you start saying phrases like "the youth of today" :D

LOL dually noted.....

now what if you are "young at heart"... are you a youth of today then? lol in that case my father is most DEFINITELY a youth of today :D

sparks19
06-12-2007, 06:21 PM
I would say it is when you star saying "I remember when......"

I would definitely agree with you if that "I remember when" is followed by "we had to walk 10 miles to school up hill both ways" lol

caseysmom
06-12-2007, 06:23 PM
I remember when I was the "youth of today" and it seems like that was a long time ago so I must be just plain old, although I never denegrate the "youth of today" so maybe I am just plain old but young at heart?

sparks19
06-12-2007, 06:24 PM
I remember when I was the "youth of today" and it seems like that was a long time ago so I must be just plain old, although I never denegrate the "youth of today" so maybe I am just plain old but young at heart?

or maybe you are just plain young at heart.... no need to include the old part is there :D

Blue_Frog
06-12-2007, 06:26 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/lawn.jpg

Original picture Here ... (http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1164692174-1164049555294674.jpg)

(*'s have been added over a word that starts with D and rhymes with Ham incase anyone is offended by a cuss on a cat picture)

sparks19
06-12-2007, 06:28 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/lawn.jpg

Original picture Here ... (http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1164692174-1164049555294674.jpg)

(*'s have been added over a word that starts with D and rhymes with Ham incase anyone is offended by a cuss on a cat picture)

That's a great picture.... it could only be better if the cat were waving it's cane in a threatening manner and wearing a nightgown and hot rollers :D

Edwina's Secretary
06-12-2007, 06:55 PM
I think it is starts when people say things such as ....
Now a days I see kids sitting on their butts watching tv or playing video games on bright sunny days when they should be outside playing.

As soon as that nowadays creeps into your vocabulary...you're it!

Kfamr
06-12-2007, 07:06 PM
That's a great picture.... it could only be better if the cat were waving it's cane in a threatening manner and wearing a nightgown and hot rollers :D

ROFL!!! :D :D :D :D

Great picture.

king2005
06-12-2007, 07:06 PM
I think it is starts when people say things such as ....

As soon as that nowadays creeps into your vocabulary...you're it!

hehe

Tom use to always say this to me "back in the day".. then I would day dude your only a couple months older then I am!! LOL

My dad cannot use that line on me anylonger, cause I've been through that 4' of snow, going up hill thing lol ok the hills were GIANT snow hills.. I had to climb 3 of these massive snow hills to cross the street at my dads place in PEI!!! it was insane.. + I was wearing Jeans, a sweater, a ball cap & gloves. As it was warm weather to me, cause Ottawa has much colder weather

Twisterdog
06-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I think you are old when you start thinking, or worse, saying out loud something to the effect of: "I don't know what the heck is wrong with these kids today. This generation is headed to hell in a handbasket. Now, when WE were kids, OTOH ..."

Cataholic
06-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Speaking for myself only, I use the phrase "youth of today" purely as a euphemism.

When one recognizes that, one is past the age limit.

sirrahbed
06-13-2007, 10:26 AM
Interesting. In the past few years, since I had grandchildren - I often catch myself referring to "youth" and talking about the way my life was "when I was your age", speaking about people in their twenties and early thirties. My husband is a school teacher and so he often talks about the "kids" of highschool age. So it seems that to me, "kids" are still in school and then become "young people" until about late thirties and then they are "adults" for the next 25 years or so. Then comes "older person" and then "elderly" at about 80 or so....:p

I guess the posters who said that when we start using phrases like the title of this thread - then we are probably past that age limit whatever it is - like I said for me, it happened only a few years ago when I hit my fifties. I guess I felt quite young myself until little people started calling me "meemaw & mamma". I have to chuckle when my 28 year old son talks about "kids these days!!" even though I think he is joking.

It still startles me a bit when I hear myself referring to a younger age group :D

Muddy4paws
06-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Ive considered myself an adult since I've left school at 16. I went on straight into work and worked my way up to starting my own buisness and Im 19 now!

I think you should be considered an adult when you can provide for youself off your own back and not sit about waiting for things to happen instead get up and make things happen! :p