PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera question

Freedom
06-12-2007, 05:01 PM
I am just about ready to buy the Canon A560.

It does take movie clips. Can someone find if it takes audio with the movie? I keep searching and seem not to be able to locate that.

Thank you.
Sandie

Catlady711
06-12-2007, 05:14 PM
According to Steve's Digicams site it does have audio.

Steves digicam's Canon A560 Review (http://www.steves-digicams.com/2007_reviews/a560.html)

I have used this site for all my camera research and it's VERY accurate and reliable. As a matter of fact it once did a review on a camera I bought and mentioned a feature I didn't know about. I tried it and yup sure enough it worked just as the website said, but no mention in the manual of it whatsoever.

Freedom
06-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Oh THANK YOU!!!

I like that site, I book marked it.

Gotta go spend some money. :D

Kfamr
06-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Does this mean we'll have new Sugar pics?? :D

Laura's Babies
06-12-2007, 06:18 PM
HUmmmmm! Anyone have one already that can post pictures it has taken?

Freedom
06-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Kfamr, yup, I am tired of waiting to end a roll of film, get it developed, scan in the pics. By then the reason for the shot is old news, he he.

I ordered from Abe's of Maine; which is in Clinton NJ. Should arrive in a week or so, then I need to figure out the basics and get posting!

I also ordered the pack of 4 rechargeable batteries, and the battery charger, so I am hoping I have the basics. Then I can figure out what I need for a larger storage card later.

Kfamr
06-13-2007, 03:54 PM
I'd buy an extra pack of batteries if I were you. Have one in the camera & an extra juiced and ready to go.

Freedom
06-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Did that; this camera only uses TWO batteries, so a 4 pack is a use and a spare.

They called me about 2 things this afternoon on my order.

Did I want the super batteries? It was "only" another $30 so for now I stayed with what I picked out.

Did I need a storage card? the one it ocmes with hold 5 or 6 photos. Ugh! So i bought a 512 MB, which he "said" will hold 150 photos. If I have 150 pics to sort through I am in REAL trouble, so I think that should be large enough! I sure hope so.

Catlady711
06-13-2007, 11:22 PM
you can never NEVER have too much MB for a media card!!! I have two 128 MB, two 256 MB and a 1 GB card and sometimes that's not enough. lol

Kfamr
06-14-2007, 12:00 AM
If digital photography is as addicting for you as it is for me, you will be searching for a new memory card in no time! ;)

Freedom
06-14-2007, 07:07 AM
Hmmm, OK. I'll keep that in mind.

Right now, I am not palnning to store photos on the memory card. I intend to print them and maintain my photo albums. Maybe I'm nuts? Time will tell.

My Mum started an album for me when I was born. She put in photos of both sets of grandparents, one each of her and Dad as kids. Then their wedding pic, my baby announcement, my hospital baby photo. And after that she kept it up. When my brother came along 8 years later, she did the same for him, adding a pic of me at age 8 before HIS announcement and hospital photo. He never kept his up, they stop when he is 16. I've kept mine, I am on album 46!!

Catlady711
06-14-2007, 02:09 PM

Right now, I am not palnning to store photos on the memory card. I intend to print them and maintain my photo albums.

I don't store my pix on the memory card either, I copy mine over to CD's. However given the amount of memory cards I have (see above post) I still have used up almost all I had on vacations and whatnot. When you go digital you'll find you take WAAAAY more pix because you don't have to pay for film/developing. You'll also find you take pix of things you would never have tried to do the old fashioned way. Also while on vacation you don't always have access to a printer/cpu/electricity to be able to transfer your pix in case your memory card gets full. Then you'll run into the delima of trying to decide which pix to delete based on an image in a tiny 2-3 inch screen or having to stop taking pix and missing that one great photo op. Honestly investing in large memory cards is a decision I highly doubt you'd regret. lol

Have fun learning to use your new camera and enjoy.

Glacier
06-14-2007, 02:11 PM

Right now, I am not palnning to store photos on the memory card. I intend to print them and maintain my photo albums. Maybe I'm nuts? Time will tell.

That's what I do too and I regularly fill a 2GB card! I'm getting a 4gb before the next time I go see my nieces!

Freedom
06-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Wow, the camera arrived early this afternoon. I couldn't figure out how to open the battery compartment! :rolleyes: AFter 10 mionutes I passed it over to Dad and he got it in about 30 seconds. Now we can both do it easily. I am NOT mechanically inclined!!!

I've had lots of fun and already posted some pictures! This is WONDERFUL! Thank you all for you're comments and assistance.

Check here for new pics.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=128809