PDA

View Full Version : free spaying & nuetering clinics

nancys
06-12-2007, 01:24 PM
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue
A town about 45 miles north of where I live has a free spaying & nuetering clinic 2 or 3 times a year - vet students come in & spay / nueter pets & strays. I think it would be great if something like that could be done where I live. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this done?

moosmom
06-12-2007, 03:32 PM
I don't know where you are, but in Connecticut, they have the TEAM (for Tate's Every Animal Matters). It's a van that goes all over the state (there are actually two of them) and spay/neuter cats (not sure about dogs) for low cost.

$66 gets you:

Spay/Neuter
Deworming
Vaccinations
Trims nails
Earmite treatment

You drop your pet off in the morning and pick him/her up at the same time later that day. Cash only. No checks or credit cards.

This is a remarkable thing for all the residents of CT. You'd have to put down at least $40 alone for a vet visit. At least where we are it would be.

Kfamr
06-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Try contacting your local humane society or veterinary school and see if they know anything about the program.

I know our local Humane Society has a low cost spay/neuter clinic.

Laura's Babies
06-12-2007, 03:52 PM
I went to Petfinder and got a list of local rescues and phone numbers and called until someone could point me to one when I had those ferals that needed fixing.

catmandu
06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Has Anyone Seen Any In The Hamilton/burlington Area In Ontario?