PDA

View Full Version : Pocky

slleipnir
06-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Anyone know where to buy pocky online that's not really expensive? I've looked a few places and the shipping is like 20 bucks for a 5 dollar product??? D:

Kfamr
06-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Mmmmm, pocky! My friend buys it, I'll ask her where she gets it from.

crow_noir
06-12-2007, 02:13 AM
Do you have a Meijer up where you live? If you do look there in the international foods section. Heck with going online! :p

slleipnir
06-12-2007, 03:47 AM
Do you have a Meijer up where you live? If you do look there in the international foods section. Heck with going online! :p

No...no where here sells pocky

king2005
06-12-2007, 08:41 AM
No...no where here sells pocky

I'll ask my buddy Dan where he buys it from & I'll ship ya a box...

Did you get hooked on it from the A.N. convension??? LOL I'm not big on sweets, but my goodness I couldn't stop stealing them from Dan's hand lol

EDIT:

Ok Renos said there is a store right by his house that sells it for 2.00/pack of 20.

I'm at his house every wed evening. Send the $, tell me what you want & I'll ship if for whatever it ships for. I'll pack the loose change in the parcel & you'll have oh so yummy Pocky!!

I wont be on the island this year, Hopefully next year. If so, I can buy as much as you want & pack it in my suitcase :D

Blue_Frog
06-12-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure where you're located, but theres an Asian supermarket chain called T&T that carries it.

Also, check out any asian grocery stores in your area if you have them -- or in the downtown area.

I work in a mainly asian area (Markham for anyone who knows the Toronto area well enough), and im about a block north of the T&T -- same as Kings offer, i'd be more than happy to get whatever you wanted from there, box and ship to you, likely for less than $20, especially since its in Canada. Feel free to PM me if you like :)

Sirrahsim
06-12-2007, 09:57 AM
We can get it anywhere down here... Even Walmart has it so I don't know what to tell you :(
I love Pocky :) I got hooked on it when I lived in Japan

king2005
06-12-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure where you're located, but theres an Asian supermarket chain called T&T that carries it.

Also, check out any asian grocery stores in your area if you have them -- or in the downtown area.

I work in a mainly asian area (Markham for anyone who knows the Toronto area well enough), and im about a block north of the T&T -- same as Kings offer, i'd be more than happy to get whatever you wanted from there, box and ship to you, likely for less than $20, especially since its in Canada. Feel free to PM me if you like :)

Audrey lives a few mins from my dad in PEI lol
Theres not a whole lot of stores on the island. The closest city that "might" have anything like that would be Halifax/or/Dartmouth, but thats one heck of a drive!

I don't think there is anything that Toronto doesn't sell, cause there are sooooo many cultures here, its great!!! Kinda why I stayed here

JenBKR
06-12-2007, 11:00 AM
What in the world is pocky??

Blue_Frog
06-12-2007, 11:21 AM

Its a chocolate covered biscuit stick, originally from Japan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocky)

http://www.ilike.org.uk/stuff/sweets/japan/images/pocky.jpg

king2005
06-12-2007, 11:23 AM

Its kinda like a thin 6" pretzel stick (no salt), coated in yogert (dryed, like icing)... its not too sweet, which makes it really good!!

You eat one & your like, yay boring.. then next thing you know the whole box is gone & you want more... We swear there is coke put into them, cause you get nasty cravings for one!

king2005
06-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Its a chocolate covered biscuit stick, originally from Japan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocky)

http://www.ilike.org.uk/stuff/sweets/japan/images/pocky.jpg

Oh, didn't know there was different kinds! The kind I get I said in my above post & the box wasn't in english

JenBKR
06-12-2007, 11:25 AM
They look yummy!

slleipnir
06-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Oo jess that would be awesome. I would want a few boxes though I can send the money soon. Do you have paypal by anychance?

king2005
06-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Oo jess that would be awesome. I would want a few boxes though I can send the money soon. Do you have paypal by anychance?

no sorry.. but I bank with CIBC... If you send the money in 20.00s I can take it out of the atm at work the second its in my account. & what ever change is left over, I'll put inside the parcel... the change will be taped up, cause if it makes noise, someone will steal it & thats not cool.

for something that small, expresspost will be really cheap if I use an envelope.. + it'll have tracking,... I always send parcels with tracking, cause I don't trust the postal service (I worked there, so I know)

Roxyluvsme13
06-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Now you're making me want Pocky. :p

luvofallhorses
06-12-2007, 09:44 PM
I have tried it once and my friend got it at walmart :)

crow_noir
06-13-2007, 02:41 AM
While we're on the subject of Pocky...

May i introduce to you... Pucca (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pucca_Chocolate) ! I personally thought Pocky was disgusting (tasted like soap) but all my friends love it... I'd say then i get the Pucca all to my self but oh no... they have to have some too. LOL

Another similar snack are these koala thingies. http://www.lotteusainc.com/productspagekoala.html

I think they're both rip offs though of a snack Planter's had about 10 - 15 years ago. Chocolate creme filled rice peanuts (peanut shaped rice snacks.) Yum!!! Those were absolute HEAVEN!!! What i wouldn't give to have a bag of those!

Sirrahsim
06-13-2007, 07:46 AM
I wish that I still lived in Japan for you :p We could go to the 100yen store and get a whole box of Pocky for 100yen which was about a dollar! They had 5 or 6 kinds of it but the plain chocolate was always my favorite.

DJFyrewolf36
06-13-2007, 11:03 AM
ooo Pocky *drool* It stinks you can't just go to a store and get it, Win Co sells it for about a $1.50 a box and I usually end up getting a few boxes every time I go shopping :o

Suki Wingy
06-13-2007, 03:01 PM
yum! I like strawberry pocky but it's everywhere here.

I absolutley LOVE those koalas but I havn't had them since I was really young.

slleipnir
06-13-2007, 09:56 PM
I use CIBC too I wonder if I could do a bank email transfer...I'm not too sure how that works though. I just hate sending money through the mail

k9krazee
06-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Hrmm..never even heard of it. I may have to try some sometime ;)

wolf_Q
06-13-2007, 11:04 PM
I have never heard of it either. :confused: I'll have to check around and see if it's sold here.

king2005
06-14-2007, 12:27 AM
I use CIBC too I wonder if I could do a bank email transfer...I'm not too sure how that works though. I just hate sending money through the mail

I do email money transfers all the time. it costs 1.50 I believe. If your going that rout , use my gmail account, other wise I'll never get it

crow_noir
06-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Hey, have you checked out Amazon? Last time i knew general shipping is only like $6. I could be wrong though...

Strawberry for $.99
http://www.amazon.com/Glico-Strawberry-Pocky-1-41-Oz/dp/B00023T3DA/ref=pd_sim_gf_3_img/103-7537219-3969441?ie=UTF8&qid=1181882486&sr=8-1

Chocolate for $1.69
http://www.amazon.com/Glico-Pocky-Chocolate/dp/B0002XVF4A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-7537219-3969441?ie=UTF8&s=gourmet-food&qid=1181882486&sr=8-1

Anyone know where to buy pocky online that's not really expensive? I've looked a few places and the shipping is like 20 bucks for a 5 dollar product??? D:

Muddy4paws
06-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Curiosity got the better of me today. I got some from a Chinese food place near me. I will try them later, I got the choc and the banana ones

slleipnir
06-15-2007, 01:40 PM
amazon is what I tried originally..it was it was over $20 to ship 2 choco and one strawberry

king2005
06-15-2007, 02:01 PM
amazon is what I tried originally..it was it was over $20 to ship 2 choco and one strawberry

Dang.. for a few boxes, it'll be about 5-7 bucks, maybe even cheaper. 20.00 is a rip off.. the padded envelope is like a buck or a buck 50. (padded will help the sticks from breaking)

I'm back from the party... I'll be here until 5pm... When you email the $.. it can take 30 mins to get to me... so before 4pm would be best, so I can pull the $ out of my account ASAP...

I might be able to pick it up tomorrow, cause I'm picking up Renos after my signing & the store is near his place.. let me Know ASAP!

I don't think all my text messages are getting to you either... As one of the messages you sent me went to my email :confused: & not my cell :confused: I was totally baffled :confused:

crow_noir
06-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Yikes! Thanks! I didn't know... I don't do much online sopping (I've bought about five things online ever.) One of my friends buys from Amazon but sh usually just buys books and Cd's. That's a bit different though with shipping charges.

slleipnir
06-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Yeah I recently bought a movie from there and it wasn't bad shipping. No idea why the pocky is. It might be cheaper for the states, too.