PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Use Foaming Waterless Shampoo

lizbud
06-11-2007, 04:31 PM
I bought some a few weeks ago & just used it today. I was surprised
how well it turned out. Smokey & Maggie smell so good. :)

The best thing is it only took 20 mins to finish.

Almita
06-11-2007, 04:49 PM
I never even heard of it? I should try it because the shampoo we use doesn't really make them smell good... haha but they are looking clean and everything. How much is it?

lizbud
06-11-2007, 04:56 PM
I bought it at PetsMart, but forgot how much it was. Couldn't have
been really expensive though. Miracle Coat is the name of what I used.

I'd buy it again, that's for sure. :)

Almita
06-11-2007, 05:03 PM
I trust your words and experience so i might go and buy it once this shampoo is gone that they have. We got ours at target since we were just there. Bad idea haha, doesn't make them smell nice just like wet dog unless then go somewhere else then that smell.

Almita
06-11-2007, 05:09 PM
By the way what is it called? Is it called Foaming Waterless Shampoo?

Roxyluvsme13
06-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Ah, I need some of that for Roxy. Giving her a bath is horrible for her.

Kfamr
06-11-2007, 05:29 PM
I've never heard of it!

I use Tropiclean products for my 4 - a bottle lasts a long time because you can dilute it. I also use Zodiac shampoo products for occasional flea baths. It's one of the lesser harsh flea products.

lizbud
06-11-2007, 05:30 PM
By the way what is it called? Is it called Foaming Waterless Shampoo?

Well, it is called Miracle Coat & it came in a black spray can.

Almita
06-11-2007, 05:30 PM
I've never heard of it!

I use Tropiclean products for my 4 - a bottle lasts a long time because you can dilute it. I also use Zodiac shampoo products for occasional flea baths. It's one of the lesser harsh flea products.

what do you mean by "dilute it" ?

oh thank you!

Kfamr
06-11-2007, 05:38 PM
what do you mean by "dilute it" ?

To dilute means to add water to it, so the bottle lasts for a while. It's a pretty concentrated shampoo, so you don't lose any of the power of the shampoo. It's also all natural. :)

Kfamr
06-11-2007, 05:39 PM

I'll have to look for it! Sounds really nice.

lizbud
06-12-2007, 11:29 AM
I'll have to look for it! Sounds really nice.

Yeah, it good for quick cleanups. I don't think I'll ever give up on complete
tub baths, but for some occasions ,it's perfect. leaves the coat so soft &
shiny and it smells great. :)

elizabethann
06-12-2007, 11:52 AM
I don't get it. Waterless Shampoo? Is it a powder? How do the dogs get clean? Fenway would die from happiness if I didn't put him in the kitchen sink ever again. Can you explain how it works?

Muddy4paws
06-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Waterless shampoo is like a foam that you rub into the dogs coat, basically how you would wash a dog normally but you dont need to wet the dog before or rinse him off afterwards. Very easy to do!

I love tropiclean the smell is so nice! I also would recommend Griminator! That is the best shampoo I've ever used!

Kfamr
06-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Yeah, it good for quick cleanups. I don't think I'll ever give up on complete
tub baths, but for some occasions ,it's perfect. leaves the coat so soft &
shiny and it smells great. :)

I'm thinking it would work nicely on muddy paws/legs without getting them completely sudsy & wet.

pitc9
06-12-2007, 04:02 PM
There's a company called Shure Pets, it a home party type of company.
Like Tupperware and Party Lite... Reps come to your house and they have catalogs. A friend of mine was a rep for a little while and they have the foaming waterless shampoo. I bought one that smells like Mango so Buddy smells like a girl when I use it on him. :D

Here's there website:
http://www.shurepets.com/

lizbud
06-12-2007, 04:26 PM
There's a company called Shure Pets, it a home party type of company.
Like Tupperware and Party Lite... Reps come to your house and they have catalogs. A friend of mine was a rep for a little while and they have the foaming waterless shampoo. I bought one that smells like Mango so Buddy smells like a girl when I use it on him. :D

Here's there website:
http://www.shurepets.com/

There's probably a lot of brands of this stuff. I was impressed with the
way the foam soaked right into the fur. You just towel them off & brush
out the hair. :)

Roxyluvsme13
06-12-2007, 04:35 PM
I tried the human version on my own hair and I have a lot of hair and it didn't work very well.. Does anybody know if it does okay on long haired dogs?

lizbud
06-12-2007, 04:41 PM
I tried the human version on my own hair and I have a lot of hair and it didn't work very well.. Does anybody know if it does okay on long haired dogs?

I would think you might need to use more of it to do the job. I really
don't know.

lv4dogs
06-12-2007, 06:58 PM
I've always been impressed by the results of the Miracle Coat bathing products. They really do make a pet look & smell wonderful.
Another product I am really impressed with (for just a quick small spot cleaning of a really smelly area, like anal glands or a small spot after rolling in a dead animal kind of clean up) is regular full strength Skunk Off, diluted; 1 part skunk off to 7-10 parts water water (depending on the prefered strength). Put it in a spray bottle and viola.

Ginger's Mom
06-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Ooh, ooh, ooh, thank you ladies for both of those tips (the Miracle Coat spray and Skunk Off). Now maybe won't have to hear "no you'll get dirty" so much. She will like that. :D