PDA

View Full Version : I cannot believe the nerve of some people!

luckies4me
06-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Just when I was thinking about how cruel people can be to eachother this happened...

Everyone knows I have just had a baby. He turned three weeks old yesterday btw. ;) Anywho, I use Dreft baby laundry detergent to wash all his clothes in, and as most moms know the stuff is pretty spendy. Since I am on leave til July I have no income at the moment, and I'm pretty much living off what I saved before I left work. So going out to buy another bottle of that stuff if I don't have to is pretty nervewracking.

I live in an apartment and we have a community washer and dryer. I gathered all my laundry the other day and went to the laundry mat to wash Kai's clothes. The last time I did laundry I left my Dreft in there thinking it would be ok. Well guess what? Someone STOLE it!!! :mad: I was so frustrated it actually made me cry. How on earth could someone be so cold hearted as to steal a mothers baby detergent? So, I decided to write a letter to post on the laundry mat door letting the person who stole it know that I needed it replaced as I don't really have money to go buy another bottle. I took the note down last night as it had been there for a week and I figure the person must have read it by now.

Well two days ago the lady who lived upstairs came over when I was gone. I have never met this lady before but her generosity amazed me! She had read the sign I had posted and felt bad for me so she went out and bought me a whole new bottle! :D Isn't that amazing? Such a sweet sweet women! I really need to make her a card to let her know how much it's appreciated.

I'm about 99% sure I know who took it, and that's the druggie kid that lives upstairs. The women talked with my roomate and told him that nothing had been stolen from the apartments until he had moved in. There are only ten units here. He constantly has people in and out of his house, the place reaks of pot, and you can hear him vomiting constantly after his "fix" wears off and he hasn't had another for awhile. Not only that, he keeps me up all hours of the night stomping around the apartment and "making noise" with his gf. We've already filed a complaint. I really want him out of here. They woke Kai up about 3 times the other night and I didn't get any sleep either. It's hard to sleep when you are forced to hear that. It's quite disturbing, and I'm sure not all the rest of the neighbors want to be hearing that either. He has admitted to us he uses Heroine and other drugs. You should see the people who come over. It's just disgusting. :mad:

I really don't know what to do. Perhaps the lady and I can group together to try and get him out.

sparks19
06-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Perhaps an annoymous call to the cops about a suspected drug ring will do the trick?

luckies4me
06-11-2007, 04:39 PM
You know, I think it's eventually going to come to that. I honestly don't know what else to do and frankly I've had it with all the noise/traffic/drug use etc.

Sevaede
06-11-2007, 04:57 PM
OMG! :( :eek: That is horrible! :( I empathize with your situation. Folks who are extremely addicted will steal (if that's their thing) *anything*. Troy has had a lot of stuff stolen from him (valuable and otherwise). We've even had a blanket stolen from us, once!

Kalei
06-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Wow, I dont' blame you for being so upset, I'm surprised no one called the cops on him yet, someone really should. Someone should call when he has a bunch of his drug buddies in the apartment.

Poor Kai, I bet he wishes that guy was gone too, I hope something positive happens for you soon, you and that extremely nice lady needs to stick together:)

AdoreMyDogs
06-11-2007, 05:42 PM
That is just terrible :( It's amazing how much more Dreft is then regular laundry detergent. It's expensive stuff, and new moms generally don't have money (babies are SOOO expensive) so what a truly crummy thing to do :( I'm sorry that anyone would steal anything, there is no excuse to steal. Period! But baby stuff is just that much worse, being that new moms (unless they're the few lucky ones) are broke as a whole.

On a side note, Dreft powder is a bit less expensive and goes further then the liquid.

Good luck and bless that nice lady for buying you a new bottle. Those random acts of kindness are what makes this world a better place to live in.

Catty1
06-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Call the cops the next time there is a party.

Chances are they know this guy...

(Actually, it's your landlady that should be calling them, considering there are children in the building...not really safe for them....)

I_luv_rusty
06-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Aww, i'm so sorry. :( The kid you suspect has alot of nerve, to steal the Dreft bottle. Its hard to believe someone would steal something so simple as a bottle of laundry detergent. When I went to this ranch in PA my dad couldn't find his bag of brand new socks, and he didn't lose them the maid had stole them. Its scary how nothing is safe anymore, and people are so cheap/greety they have to steal little things. That lady was really sweet for replacing the bottle. :D

Laura's Babies
06-11-2007, 06:15 PM
You need to start calling the law and reporting the late night noise, especially when it wakes you and the baby up. Here where I live, the thrid time the law shows up, you get evicted! Have all the neighbors call also when they are disturbed late at night by these jerks.

Catlady711
06-11-2007, 06:25 PM
You know, I think it's eventually going to come to that. I honestly don't know what else to do and frankly I've had it with all the noise/traffic/drug use etc.

I don't understand why you are suffering through all that and the thought of calling the cops for illegal drug usage is more of a 'eventually come to it' response? I think if people would more often get themselves involved by reporting illegal activity the world would be a much better place. I mean the cops can't be everywhere and see everything all the time, they have to rely on people reporting things to catch much of it.

Don't hesitate, call the cops.

Freedom
06-11-2007, 06:52 PM
You need to call the police; AND you need to let the landlord know as well.

In most communities, landlords are now liable if they rent to peole who have illegal drug use going on.

Sorry to hear you have to put up with all that.

moosmom
06-11-2007, 07:56 PM
What Freedom said!

ramanth
06-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Depending on your lease and the laws where you live, you could probably withhold rent until management does something. Especially if you complain and nothing is done.

But definitely call the police.

In our building, some college kids on the 3rd floor threw this huge wild party. Cops were called and they got their eviction notice the next day.

mina'smomma
06-12-2007, 09:38 AM
I sent you a pm doll. I agree with ramanth and the others. As soon as this punk keeps you up I would call the cops and have a note made of it to send to the landlord. I actually had a similar problem where I lived and the moment I notified the authorities they contacted the landlord and he evicted the guy living downstairs the next day. (this was the same one who tried to say we were throwing wild parties while hubby and I were on our honeymoon last year :rolleyes: )

BitsyNaceyDog
06-12-2007, 10:05 AM
How sweet of that woman to buy you a new bottle.
Dreft is really expensive. A cheeper alternative would be to use Tide Free, All Free, or another brand that is free of perfumes and dyes.

mina'smomma
06-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Dreft is really expensive. A cheeper alternative would be to use Tide Free, All Free, or another brand that is free of perfumes and dyes.

All has a baby detergent that isn't quite so expensive too. I'm actually allergic to DREFT (I've got super sensative skin) and am relieved that the doctor has already said not to use it for washing the baby's clothes. It is actually going to save me the money. Hubby and I are going to use the baby detergent to wash all our stuff just to save money.

luckies4me
06-12-2007, 10:26 AM
On a side note, Dreft powder is a bit less expensive and goes further then the liquid.

Good luck and bless that nice lady for buying you a new bottle. Those random acts of kindness are what makes this world a better place to live in.

I know! That was the sweetest thing a person has done for me in quite some time. :)

I will definitely look for the powder next time I purchase some. I didn't see any last time I went to Albertson's but knowing me I probably didn't look hard enough. ;)

luckies4me
06-12-2007, 10:30 AM

You know I didn't even think of that. I guess I just figured Dreft was the only type of baby detergent I could use. :o I will check into those and give them a try. Thanks for the tip. :)

luckies4me
06-12-2007, 10:38 AM
He's had the cops called on him once before by the person who lives right next door to him on the top floor, with happens to be a friend of mine. We've called the landlord once on him because he was making so much noise and had a couple living with him. We complained about noise and he got a letter from the landlord telling him the people needed to get out and the noise needs to stop. Before that he had another couple living with them who had a 9 month old baby. They were from Montana I believe. The guy would beat his gf and I had to report that to the police. Eventually they moved back to where they came from. I felt awful for the little baby and the young women. She was all but 19 years old and really had no clue what life was all about. They were sleeping on a mattress on the living room floor and the baby didn't even have his own sleeping quarters. He would walk around barefoot outside in his walker and get filthy. I felt so bad for that child.

Now it seems they have people living there again. I guess I'm just scared of him "getting revenge" on us. He already questioned us the time he got the notice from the landlord, so I know he knows we were the ones who called. I told my roomate last night that the next time they keep me up I will have to call the police. I'm going to go upstairs later on today to give the lady the card, and hopefully we can try to figure something out together. I guess the person next to me has also become quite annoyed at their late night antics too, so maybe something can be done about this very soon. I think his chances of being kicked out are a lot greater if more than one person complains.

crow_noir
06-13-2007, 03:53 AM
I was wondering the same thing. "What's so different about Dreft? Why couldn't someone use one of the other "Free" detergents?" That or one of the natural ones. I LOVED the stuff we bought from the health food store.

And honestly, i found that nothing cleans poo better than baking soda.

- - - - - - - - -

I do hope you get this whole ordeal straighted out soon. *ehem* yeah... "straightened." Power in numbers. *Hugs*

Logan
06-13-2007, 08:22 AM
I guess I'm just scared of him "getting revenge" on us. He already questioned us the time he got the notice from the landlord, so I know he knows we were the ones who called.

This was my immediate thought, Cass. Please don't put yourself in a dangerous situation. You need to protect yourself and Kai, first.

Why in the world would a drug addict need Dreft?? :confused: People make me so mad. :mad:

luckies4me
06-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I was wondering the same thing. "What's so different about Dreft? Why couldn't someone use one of the other "Free" detergents?" That or one of the natural ones. I LOVED the stuff we bought from the health food store.

And honestly, i found that nothing cleans poo better than baking soda.

- - - - - - - - -

I do hope you get this whole ordeal straighted out soon. *ehem* yeah... "straightened." Power in numbers. *Hugs*

Well honestly I didn't realize there was anything else out there that would be ok to use for baby, as Dreft is supposed to be ph balanced and safe for the skin. I didn't even think to use anything else. Now that I know ALL makes a baby detergent I will try that, especially since it's cheaper.

But that's not the point. The point is how ridiculous they are to steal something like that. And socks! Gee.

luckies4me
06-13-2007, 06:07 PM
This was my immediate thought, Cass. Please don't put yourself in a dangerous situation. You need to protect yourself and Kai, first.

Why in the world would a drug addict need Dreft?? :confused: People make me so mad. :mad:

Exactly, and my main priority is keeping my kids safe, which means finding a way to get him out of the apartments while at the same time making sure I stay safe while doing that. Which is why I thought if more than one person in the apartments say something chances are the landlord will tell him there has been more than one complain from different people and hopefully he won't react in a way that would make me feel scared to be in my own home. It's just a sticky situation.

At least I am moving in a few months into a better area of town which happens to be closer to work too. :)

tikeyas_mom
06-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Oh I would have been soo mad if that happend to me!! I can totally understand what your going thorugh, I hate it when my roomates take stuff without asking and pretend that it just "magically got used".. GRRR :mad: I would complain to your landlord right away. Tell him/her you dont feel safe living in the same building as this freak!!.. You have every right to say somthing, not only as a mother, but as a resident.