PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Stormy, and newest puppy plans

wolfsoul
06-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Jake's son (Visa's nephew, Jag's cousin, etc lol), Stormy (whose registered name and other titles escape me), just recently received his CDX. Yay Stormy! I attached his photo. Above is Bella, their flat-coated retriever, who just obtained her CD.

So after tons and tons and TONS of research and debating and sorting, I have finally chosen a stud for Visa and this time it's official. She will be bred to her great uncle, UKC BIS Am/Can Ch U-CH Lamoyne's Cordially Yours CD PT HS TT, "Cory." He passed away several years ago, and that is nice because I know how long he lived, what he died from, and all of his offspring are currently old or passed themselves so I am able to see any problems they have/had. So far so good. He was a UKC Best in Show (A Belgian has to be a VERY typey dog to place well in UKC and since he came out of these lines I can assume he wasn't that typey, which means he had to have ben a VERY nice dog to place above typey ones in UKC. Belgians are the hardest breed in UKC to finish), group placer/winner, recieved an Award of Merit (BSCA 1994), he was temperament tested, and he sired many great herding and sporting titled dogs and champions. I chose him because I was looking for a linebreeding that avoided certain parts of Visa's pedigree, and I wanted an exceptionally well-tempered and healthy dog, and he does all of that for me. Everything I've heard about his temperament sounds GREAT. So I am pushing for next year...IF I can find a new place to live by then. So far I am keeping a female (hoping she will be my Best in Show pup!), and a breeder in NH is keeping a pup, probably a female. Obviously still need homes lined up lol.

And in other news lol..the owner of Visa's long-lost sister (who was gone before the parvo outbreak -- much earlier than Marla would ever sell a pup, but the people were moving and something really told her to sell the pup early -- a big feeling that really held true later when two of her littermates died of parvo) have contacted Marla, asking about breeding Gracie. They have been reading the contract and actually want to do everything right. They asked what it takes to show a dog, have made an appointment to get her hips and eyes done, agreed to give us one puppy back (these are all in the contract) and are looking for our advice on a stud. We're pretty sure that we're going to see about using Rogue (the one Jag was just bred to), but not 100% sure yet. Conformationally it wouldn't be the best match, so I'm trying to locate something in Washington that may be better for her. She looks a great deal like Visa in the picture I have, really hoping she has the same body (picture attached).

And tomorrow I am entering Visa in her next show...Will be camping out there for three nights with Jynnelle and Tikeya. I am hoping and praying that all will go well. It's July 6th to the 9th. Right now I'm researching the judges..One of them actually judged Visa's sire. So far it seems they've placed European-style dogs over Americn-style dogs but I'm holding out hope, her movement should win it in the end.

Anyways, I'm just exited about all this news. Jag and pups are doing well. Still two boys needing homes but we have a few potentials, agility homes. Enjoy the pics of Stormy and Gracie.

binka_nugget
06-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Wow! Gracie looks a lot like Vi!

You're gonna save a girl for me right??? :D

wolfsoul
06-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Think you can keep one next year?? That would be awesome. :D

Flatcoatluver
06-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Congrats Jorden! Such cute pictures, espesially the Flat-Coat ;) !

I hope all goes well with your plans!

binka_nugget
06-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Probably! I'll be outta the house by then. I just haven't decided if I wanna wait and keep a Keeva puppy or not. I probably won't though.. I'm gonna ask for a litter back on the contracts for the first litter, choose the best female and probably keep one from her daughter's litter.. ultimately I want drivey Tervs. But a pup from her daughter's litter is yeeeears from now.. so I probably will end up getting a Vi pup :P Perhaps a boy this time so I'll have a Groen stud if he turns out.

wolfsoul
06-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Yaay, and I'll hang on to one if you need to wait a while longer. I'll already be keeping an extra female because I want to grow them out a bit and see which one will be more suitable for breeding (until they are 4 or 5 months I will make my decision). I think it'd be great if you kept a boy, I'd really like to breed a stud that will help to improve other's bloodlines. Then when you're in tervs and you want to keep the longhair you have the option of blacks too. Or if you want to improve coat, since Visa has a good amount of coat and so did Cory.