PDA

View Full Version : Katrina Pet Law Suits

elizabethann
06-11-2007, 10:22 AM
This is so sad. The photo of that white dog just breaks my heart. I hope the people who killed these animals suffer a cruel and painful death. There was no need for what they did. My heart goes out to the families.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/Story?id=3265151&page=1

Blue_Frog
06-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Its all just so sad -- there was a video linked in that article by an independant newsperson who was down there, talking to the sheriff, and has it on tape that they were shooting the dogs :(

Kfamr
06-11-2007, 11:30 AM
I can't bring myself to finish the article. I don't get it... WHY would they kill the animals?

king2005
06-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Its all just so sad -- there was a video linked in that article by an independant newsperson who was down there, talking to the sheriff, and has it on tape that they were shooting the dogs :(

The video didn't work for me.

The whole thing is just sick!

Laura's Babies
06-11-2007, 01:21 PM
They will NEVER be able to explaine to any pet lovers satisfaction WHY those pets had to be killed. I think someone just took it upon themselves to do because they hate animals of any kind. There were a lot of wrongs committed during that time and this was the worst of the worst.

...... and them threatening to KILL the humans too if they didn't leave? :eek: I'd like to hear them explaine that one too and see them be held accountable for that also... It was a state of Marshall Law and all the rules change but to threaten to kill someone who is not doing anything wrong but trying to protect a innocent member of their family? :eek:

cmayer31
06-11-2007, 09:23 PM
So, so sad. I can't imagine how hard it was for the families to leave their pets and writing on the wall for people to take care of them, and then to find out later the terrible, cruel acts and eventual fate of their dogs not from mother nature, but from such disgraceful human beings.

IRescue452
06-11-2007, 11:14 PM
I still find what happened at Katrina to be horrible. Why do we need to force people to leave their homes at gunpoint? There's still websites listing thousands of animals missing. All of these animals were stolen from their homes, many passed off as strays by their own rescuers after being taken out of houses. I find it disturbing that some people are proud to have "adopted" a katrina pet. Like their doing the animal some big service and they deserve a reward. There is a rescue in WI with cockers from Katrina, and while they have a tiny online ad so people can find their pets, they are still making a big deal out of rescuing some "trophy" pets from Katrina. If anything disasterous happened to my town, I'd be sitting on my roof with a shotgun preventing anybody from looting away my animals.

crow_noir
06-12-2007, 01:52 AM
This article sums up the sadness that i read about every day.

I frequented a New Orleans pet forum before during and after the hurricane. Some of the members were out there and some knew people that were out there putting their lives on the line. Some people saw and heard things they were never meant to know about. Thanks to these brave souls some justice may be served some day. Amongst all the Hell there was also goodness. Because of activists and people who were in places they had no authorization to be in some dogs lives were saved. It may or may not have made it to the media but i got to read of once incidence where some rescuers were able to save some dogs that were about to be executed. Know that even though not all were able to be saved some were thanks to good people that REFUSED to be bullied, manipulated, and cowed.

I'm sure it's not much consolation for the people that will never get back their precious friends.

-------

Trust me... no mere threat would have pried King out of my arms. It would have been me or them. And there is no way S.O. would have let them take me... with out taking him out. (we wouldn't have been in that situation though... we would have evacuated. ...Heck even in strong winds I prepare as if a tornado may happen. But IF we had been... .)

Hellow
06-12-2007, 02:45 AM
If they had tried to get me to go at gunpoint i would have pulled out two double-barreled shotguns and said "please". If they were evern thinking about doing anything to my dog i would have shot them. No offense but they shouldent do things like that and they deserve to die.