PDA

View Full Version : The Big Bed

Pam
07-17-2002, 04:23 PM
I don't think we have ever had a poll about how many people have their furkids in their bed each night. On the dog boards we have often referred to this as "sleeping in the Big Bed." :) I know some (Carrie, yes we understand and respect you, but we are just incorrigible I'm afraid!) may not approve, but I have a hunch that probably most of Pet Talk's furkids are allowed on their humans' Big Bed. :)

Edwina's Secretary
07-17-2002, 05:11 PM
I voted "yes" but I should add this caveat. Once in a while my husband will be congested resulting in ALOT of noise (snoring that is) and I have trouble sleeping anyway so I go in the guest room.
And so goes Edwina.
I curl up on the bed....wait about 90 seconds and there is the thump of her hitting the floor...pitter patter, pitter patter... and thump again on top of me.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-17-2002, 05:19 PM
It really depends on the weather. Leonardo spends at least part of the night in the bed. The others usually sleep other places but when it's cold they all come and crawl in. It does tend to get crowded in the winter. :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
07-17-2002, 06:15 PM
My two sleep on the big bed unless the hubby shuts the door when he goes to bed... then I am awakened by the MEOW of a lonley Tinky.. ;)

lovemymaltese
07-18-2002, 01:23 PM
Yep, Tango props his little self wherever he feels. He is usually already asleep when I finish brushing my teeth and washing my face, I just find a place to sleep where I dont disturb his royal majesty.

Former User
07-18-2002, 02:08 PM
Ugh, I get to be different again, voted no, since ours spend their nite in the bathroom :rolleyes: But the times they slept with us, they sure were on the bed, ALL over it! Never mind us trying to sleep there :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Randi
07-18-2002, 03:06 PM
In spite of me saying "no cat in bed" to begin with, I soon realized it was impossible and it is actually not as disturbing as I would have thought! ;) Fister usually lay there (mostly on John)while watching TV or reading, but when I lay my head on the pillow, he's there within a minute, right next to me. But he usually only stays for about 20 min. purring his goodnight song. We can all accept that! :D

koxka
07-18-2002, 04:18 PM
Ours are all allowed in bed,but mainly is a seasonal matter.In winter they are all with us in the big bed,when the temperature raise they are all gone:D,we are so grateful too have more room,even if we miss them:D

Koxka:cool:

Cinder & Smoke
07-18-2002, 07:51 PM
Boots, the Kat, an I used to share wiff jest Dad - till SmokeMutt came along...

He sucked up to Dad an got BigBed privilages a lot quicker than I figgered he would! It wuz winnertime and kinda *chillie* inna Ranch at nite. Dad would toss the covers over me an snuggel fur warmth - I alluz got a lil too warm and crawled out and settled on his footpaws at the bottom. So he drug SmokeMan under wun nite... Lotta *Oohhhin* an *Awwwwin* kuz Smoke gotz a lot less fur than me an he *radiated* his heat :) better.

Ebber since - Smoke usually getz da *Undercover Spot*, an I hold down Dad's footpawz an keep em warm frum on top. Gettin settled in is a hoot ~
We pre-warm the bed while Dad's inna baffroom. Then we jump off an he klimbs unnr the covers and holds up Smokey's side. Smoke waits onna floor; kountz to about 2 or 3, then launches hizzelf up an over Dad, tucks all his feets up tight, an kinda *dives* into his spot asside Dad. The covers get flopped over thoze two an I jump up an get comfey on Dad's feetz. Werkz purdy slick unless Smoke misjudges hiz leap :rolleyes: - summtimez he lands ON Dad :eek: or he overshoots an winds up back onna floor on da udder side :o.

Kat tinks the bed's too small fur all of us - so he waits till last, jumpz up an marches ober ALL of us, an heads fur HIS spot onna bookcase headboard. And of course he waits till he's onna bed affore he cleans up - lotta Lickin, Purrrrin, an Slurrrpin goes on till Dad hollers "KAT, QUIT it!"

Inna hot summer time - we all fight fur the middel of the bed to lay inna draft blowin inna window. Iffin it getz too crowded, Smoke an I jest crawl unner the bed - lil bit kooler down there. Boots spends a lotta summer nites layin onna windersill - blockin :mad: the draft!

Gio
07-19-2002, 03:43 AM
Mine are definitely allowed on the bed, in fact I sleep much better if they are there!

Prema is always there unless it's unbearably hot, in that case she sleeps beside the bed. She is not overkeen on the other two sharing the bed though :rolleyes: She doesn't mind Foxy sharing with us but at night he does the rounds and usually prefers to sleep in a basket.

Since my parents had to come and live with me Maya spends the night with them :(

anna_66
07-19-2002, 09:17 AM
Well, guess I'm in the minority along with Niina! We have a waterbed and there is "No Dogs Allowed". Now there were a couple of times when Mark went to work in the morning and Roxey jumped up and stayed maybe 15 min. or so, but that was only a couple of times when she was smaller. Mark says definately no dogs on the bed, but if it were up to me....I'm sure you all know!!!

Karen
07-19-2002, 09:38 AM
Miss Hoppy is not able to jump up on our bed by herself anymore, and when I put her up there, she's more interested in exploring, then jumps down to sleep in her spot in the bedroom. So that'd be a no from us! I mean, bedclothes get wrinkles in them, and wrinkles are unacceptable, must be tugged smooth, and well, when there are those people-lumps under the covers it makes so many wrinkles, well, it's just an impossible task for one little brown bunny!

lovemymaltese
07-19-2002, 10:37 AM
Oh I understand the water bed issue. Most animals wouldn't like sleeping on one anyways. I know that my parents dog used to be afraid of their waterbed before they got rid of it. It was funny the first time he jumped up on it. He ran like his butt was on fire. ha!

zippy-kat
07-19-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Miss Hoppy is not able to jump up on our bed by herself anymore, and when I put her up there, she's more interested in exploring, then jumps down to sleep in her spot in the bedroom. So that'd be a no from us! I mean, bedclothes get wrinkles in them, and wrinkles are unacceptable, must be tugged smooth, and well, when there are those people-lumps under the covers it makes so many wrinkles, well, it's just an impossible task for one little brown bunny!

Aww, poor Hopp-ster!

With Sophie it depends... at my apartment, she sleeps underneath the bed. If we're at my parents' house, she sleeps in the bed w/ me. At first, she stretches out beside me, eventually workin' her way up onto the pillow--- I ususally wake up between 4 - 6am with a rabbit draped across my face! :rolleyes: :D

Cincy'sMom
07-20-2002, 05:58 AM
I vote absolutely..but that isn't entirely true. Sadie is there everynight, under th convers, head on my legs. Cincy is allowed and she sometimes stays with us, but often perfers her own bed on the floor. She is our independent dog...

AdoreMyDogs
07-21-2002, 08:27 PM
Sadly no :( I wish but as wonderful as Dan is, that is one rule that we have to stick with. Dan tosses and turnes SO much in his sleep, that I don't think the dogs would appreciate it after awhile anyway. I think in his sleep he would unintentionally kick whichever dog was anywhere near his restless feet anyway so it's probablly for the better.

Puppypower64
07-24-2002, 07:02 PM
My dog is not allowed since he is not house broken. My 2 cats always sleep in the ''Big Bed''(Obviously my hampster and rabbit don't!)

Andie
07-27-2002, 06:30 PM
Katie has slept in the Big Beds every since shs was a puppy. She started out in my parents bed but that was back when my lil bro would sleep in there too. So she was demoted if you will to my room where she could sleep hassle free on my pillows. Bull was supoose to be an "outside" dog but he snuck his lil butt inside to stay after he got neutered cuz Katie had ran off (Bad Puppy!) earlier and was all wet and I needed a puppy to sleep with. So I have 2 semi-big dogs in my bed (and 3 fans going in my room), good thing I'm the only human in the bed. Lately, it's just been Bull cuz my lil cousin has been Stayin hereand Katie would rather sleep w/ her Daddy!

07-27-2002, 08:29 PM
:) my sweetie Sydney used to come with me in bed every morning for about 10 minutes !! My husband brought him and then we had such a good time : cuddling , kissing , etc....
Sydney also loved to sleep on our bed when there was any reason to lock him up in a room f.e. when painting was being done , when cleaning --> all doors are open then !!!

Unfurtunately , there will be no more morning cuddling anymore , as sweetiepie Sydney is to the Rainbow Bridge , getting real friens with Nappe , Niina's dog !!!

http://community.webshots/com/user/sydneybilliepets

PinkSunshine
03-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Unfortunately none of them are allowed. My fiance hates being woke up in the middle of the night and it's guranteed that if any of them slept with us, we'd be woken up. Not to mention, my big boy takes up almost the whole bed alone, so there's definitely no room for him

lute
03-30-2006, 07:58 PM
they are definatly allowed, but Gracie sleeps in her crate and Beanie likes sleeping "under" my bed.

Flatcoatluver
03-30-2006, 07:59 PM
T.j does and Zoey rather would sleep on the floor even though she is aloud to come on

lvpets2002
03-31-2006, 01:13 PM
:) Oh of course Cat Sandwich every night.. I have a king size bed & I can only get a spot if I dont move all night due to the girls have the rest of the bed..

king2005
03-31-2006, 01:48 PM
If I found Mango or Jack on my bed, then chances are, they were dead. You know fish+bed=dead hehehe

Axle use to come out of his pond, fall on the floor, make a mess of my room, climb up my bed, across the bed & dive back into his pond.. tisk tisk tisk

slick
03-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Hee Hee
Have you noticed this poll was started 4 years ago??? I'll answer anyway. Of course. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-31-2006, 06:47 PM
Tango is the only one allowed in my bed. The others all sleep in my mom's room on her bed.

k9krazee
03-31-2006, 07:07 PM
They are all allowed in the beds. Jack sleeps with me, Micki with my brother, Shadow with my sister and the other two with my mom and dad.

Uabassoon
03-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Everyone gets to sleep on the "big bed" over here.

lbaker
03-31-2006, 07:53 PM
I didn't even notice it started so long ago Slick, until I recognized some names I haven't seen for awhile. But.. YES, my Thunder Mutt sleeps right next to me every night and Collar [flower] dog delight is usually at my feet. Spooky the cat is doing spoons on the bed and Emmitt the Kat goes wherever he pleases :rolleyes: All the rest are with their own skin folk except Badger Dog who, as some of the others, chooses to sleep wherever/whenever he decides he's tired. :cool:

Crazy-Cat-Lover
03-31-2006, 11:51 PM
My three cats sleep on the "big bed" every night! Bailey sleeps in his Ex-Pen since he is still being house trained. :)

The Cat Factory
04-01-2006, 12:11 AM
All of my babies can sleep on the big bed, but when I go to bed, Chester has to go in his crate, otherwise he won't leave the cats alone.

Vette
04-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Nope... Kirbys not allowed on the bed unless im in the mood to take pictures of him on my bed..
otherwise hes not allowed up there.

zoomer
04-01-2006, 12:51 PM
They're aloud but they sleep elsewhere for some odd reason.

BitsyNaceyDog
04-25-2006, 11:58 PM
There's almost always at least one cat on my bed at any given time throughout the day. The dogs are allowed on the bed, but not without permission. We keep the bedroom baby gated off so they cats can relax in there without worrying about the dogs bothering them.

Cataholic
04-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Gini- I did notice! He he he

The more the merrier....but, usually, it is maxed out at 5.

dab_20
04-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Molli is allowed but she sleeps in her kennel because I feel bad that Sam would be the only one sleeping in a kennel. Sam isn't because he goes potty in the house at night.

KitCat
05-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Cocoa Kitty snuggles with me every night, and it makes me very relaxed. When we were apart, I would remember snuggling with him and it helped me fall asleep. Sometimes he cuddles with my husband, but he spends some time with me every night and we both enjoy it.

Lizzie
05-23-2006, 04:42 PM
It turned cool again over the weekend and when I looked over my book at the bed on Sunday evening, I saw 7 cats sprawled out near me. I sleep on a day-bed so it's definitely not a "big bed" and 7 does make it difficult to sleep, or move, or even blow my nose. It did make me smile, though.

Zippy
05-23-2006, 05:09 PM
I have a little stop and Zippy all 14lb of her seems to take up more then have of a queen sided bed

dogzr#1
05-23-2006, 06:24 PM
They're allowed, but usually sleep on the couches. I guess it's cooler since they are leather. Prince on the other hand sleeps with my brother almost every night.

Chilli
05-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Yeh, my two dogs sleep with me every night. :D
Skylar isn't allowed to, mainly because he won't "hold it" until morning, and the second part is that he has a high prey drive, I can't trust him around ANY of my smaller animals.
The cats aren't allowed in my room at night for the same reason. They seem to not want to bother the guinea pigs (the only animals without a top on their cage), but they put too much stress on the small animals, so I don't even allow them in my room unless under strict supervision.

Donnaj4962
05-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Both of my girls are allowed to sleep on my bed with me... and Tabitha does EVERY night! In fact, she sleeps on the 2 pillows that are right next to my 2 pillows! Sometimes she will sleep on the bed, curled up in my arm. (I especially love that!)

Sasha? Well, she sleeps wherever she wants, but is usually on the bed. She sometimes sleeps downstairs in the glider rocker that she now thinks is her own! :rolleyes: If Sasha is on the bed sleeping, she will HAVE to be attached to me somewhere! Stretched out and up against my legs, or with her head on my knee, etc.

I LOVE it when both of them sleep on the bed with me. I especially like it for the split second that Tabitha is asleep on my arm and Sasha lays on my tummy.... and then Tabitha sees Sasha and heads to the pillows and Sasha moves somewhere else other than my tummy!

shihtzulover850
05-25-2006, 02:31 PM
She is allowed on my big bed just not the big big bed. my parents say she is to movey and itchy and takes up to much space! :) :rolleyes:

Sevaede
06-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Mine are allowed, and encouraged, but they hardly ever do unfortunately. :(