PDA

View Full Version : cat sneezing

cassiemarie
06-11-2007, 12:45 AM
My cat's been sneezing for over two years. She's not sick otherwise. The vet gave her respiratory vaccines, antibiotics, etc. and nothing has helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? She's 13 years old, and is otherwise healthy and active. There is rarely a small amount of mucousy discharge. Thank you.

Karen
06-11-2007, 01:07 AM
Has she been tested for allergies?

moosmom
06-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Cassiemarie,

I have a 13 year old tortie, Mollie Rose who had a terrible time sneezing really hard with junk coming out. Sounded like it hurt her. The vet put her on Zythromax, a pediatric antibiotic, and Prednisone. It worked! She had x-rays taken too to rule out polyps in her nasal passages.

krazyaboutkatz
06-11-2007, 11:29 PM
Maybe you should try some antihistamines to see if it's due to allergies. I've also used the over the counter Chlortrimitron sp? tablets on Sky and they seemed to help a little bit. I think I gave him 1/2 a tablet 2 times a day but later I just gave him 1 tablet a day. He weighs about 12-13lbs. Good luck.:)

moosmom
06-12-2007, 03:39 PM
I used Chlortimeton on Mollie Rose for years till it just didn't work anymore. That's when I knew there was something else going on.

cassiemarie
06-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks you guys. I'll try the Chlortrimetron first and if that doesn't help, I'll take her back to the vet and ask for the Zithromax and Prednisone. Poor sweet little girl. Her sneezes DO sound like they hurt!