PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture?

Kirsten
06-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Worked on this compostition all morning, and when I finished, I realized there was something wrong. Do you know what it is? ;)

"Won't be home by nightfall"

http://www.catmom.de/pix/road2a.jpg

Kirsten

(PS: just in case you don't see a pic, please come back later. Just noticed that my server is currently down. :( )

Kfamr
06-10-2007, 02:54 PM
There's shadows, but the sun has already set. The landscape is bright, as if there was a lot of sun, but the sky is very dark and cloudy.

Is this what you mean by "wrong?" :confused: :)

cmayer31
06-10-2007, 02:57 PM
The tree shadows show the light coming in from the left, but the cloud reflections show the light shining from the right.

**edit** I might be wrong on the direction of light, but I still say the tree shadows are wrong. I think they should be toward the bottom of the picture if the sun is setting at the top.

Kirsten
06-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Yep, you're right, it's the shadows! :) Judging from the shadows, the sun is setting on the left, but you see it going down behind the cloud on the right side of the horizone. It's a collage of two photos (fields and sky), and the sun position is different in the photos. Also, I don't think you would see the shadows so clearly when the sky is that dark.

Well done! :)

Kirsten

sweetpatata6
06-10-2007, 05:40 PM
There's shadows, but the sun has already set. The landscape is bright, as if there was a lot of sun, but the sky is very dark and cloudy.

Is this what you mean by "wrong?" :confused: :)

What I was gonna say... Stole my words.